Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:09 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
What an idiotic way of looking at Law Enforcement. Try going somewhere that LEO's are non-existant. That's called an uncivilized society. You might fit in!

Yeah, like Baltimore,

I left that cesspool over 40 yrs. ago.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:57 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Tonight when I say my prayers, I will have a special one and include you. I pray that , sometime in the near future, you need a cop to come to your aid, and they don't show up. Maybe then you will see how vital is is to have these brave men and women protecting the rest of us. I think you need that lesson to correct your twisted view of how the world really is out there.

Don

Don it is not worth the argument. The values of some of these posters scare the _____ out of me.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:01 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
I agree, but sometimes the lunatic is the one with the badge. Please put your prejudices and hate aside.
So you think that because of a few bad apples it should be open season on an innocent person because they wear the uniform?

I say exact your revenge on a specific offender and leave the one size fits all mentality to the terrorists.

If you mean that I should put my prejudices aside for the one size fits all mentality and put my contempt for that mentality aside then..... Never.

Again: Staying on topic, it's horrifying to me that because of that paranoia and hatred too many good people with good intentions are being put in harms way. I find it repulsive.

Humor me, I beg you. You must be able to admit that trying to take someones life that you know nothing about is wrong on so many levels and doesn't belong in a civilized society. Make my day and say you agree.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:32 PM

213 posts, read 204,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Look, im not a massive fan of cops and I am somewhat suspicious of them, however these cop ambushes are INSANE... This needs to stop. I feel like American society is slowly crumbling. Between the crazy bi-polar politics...the awful race relations...cop ambushes... mass shootings every other month... It's like wtf?
I agree. It's so very sad. I feel like the situation is hopeless.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:29 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So you think that because of a few bad apples it should be open season on an innocent person because they wear the uniform?

I say exact your revenge on a specific offender and leave the one size fits all mentality to the terrorists.

If you mean that I should put my prejudices aside for the one size fits all mentality and put my contempt for that mentality aside then..... Never.

Again: Staying on topic, it's horrifying to me that because of that paranoia and hatred too many good people with good intentions are being put in harms way. I find it repulsive.

Humor me, I beg you. You must be able to admit that trying to take someones life that you know nothing about is wrong on so many levels and doesn't belong in a civilized society. Make my day and say you agree.

God bless your heart, you just keep repeating yourself and your indefensible position of approving of criminal activity on the part of some police officers. I never said I approve of people shooting police officers. I don't approve of anybody killing anybody. You do, since it's just a "few bad apples"....

Have a nice day.

Mahalo

Last edited by Buckeye77; 01-25-2016 at 06:38 PM..

Old 01-26-2016, 10:53 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,789,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
God bless your heart, you just keep repeating yourself and your indefensible position of approving of criminal activity on the part of some police officers. I never said I approve of people shooting police officers. I don't approve of anybody killing anybody. You do, since it's just a "few bad apples"....

Have a nice day.

Mahalo

The thread is about one officer being ambushed and nearly killed, not about what other bad apples are doing. To post a video showing what may or may not be justified violence by another officer that has nothing to do with the current thread proves what?

A. You're trying to hijack a thread to further a hate agenda?

B. You're totally insensitive to the fact that an innocent person was nearly killed because of some paranoid hater?

C. You feel it's more important to focus on what you perceive as police being bad apples and want to gloss over the fact that someone who didn't deserve to be nearly assassinated doesn't deserve consideration?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that none of the above apply, but when you post a video to deflect what could have been a tragic out come against an innocent person then these thoughts arise.

I also view it as borderline troll behavior, but that's just my opinion.

How you came up with that I approve of the killing of innocent people because I'm saddened and outraged by some nut job acting like a hater idiot is beyond me, and a tad laughable.

I'm glad I got you to admit that you also do not approve of the killing of innocent people, even police officers, and I guess my position was defensible judging from your admission. Thank you for that.

I will not nor ever condone the killing of innocent people by police officers or other wise, but this thread is not about that. It's about one individual, not the one size fits all. That concept seems to allude a lot of people.

Yes I will have a nice day thank you for that, and I wish the same for you. I will also wish that you need a police officer some day and they will come to your rescue. I think you really need to be on the receiving end of the good side of the coin as well.

Old 01-26-2016, 11:01 AM

1,166 posts, read 754,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Glad the officer didn't die but hope we level the playing field by recruiting a jury of the perps sympathizers that way he can walk free for committing a horrible crime; much like those done by corrupt blood thirsty killer cops...on a regular basis. This won't be a popular response but it had to be said. Tired of hearing the reverse scenarial passed as the norm.

I agree, let cops get a taste of their own medicine for a change. First, any accused cop killers should be allowed to write up their own police reports and have full and complete access to all evidence against them before charges are brought or they are arrested. The investigation of the violent death of a cop should also be performed by a group comprised entirely of the alleged criminal's coworkers and sympathizers. The prosecutor should also be sure to present any and all evidence that shows the dead cop as a thug and overall bad person that deserved to die. And to top it all off, the jury should be made up of people hand-picked and heavily biased against conviction by a prosecution team that makes it clear that they don't believe that any crime was committed.

It is hard for me to care about cops getting hurt or killed. Cops don't care one bit about the people that their buddies in blue have gunned down in cold blood. LEO has made this an us vs. them situation and since I am not on their team, I say c'est la vie.

Last edited by phxone; 01-26-2016 at 11:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events