Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 03:43 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
My own personal experience with these militia guys has been that most of them are somehow lacking, and by that I mean they are lacking in so many ways that they often find themselves as followers of those who would sacrifice their friends for a little imagined glory. They are often found subscribing to magazines such as Soldier of Fortune, or other publications catering to an entire generation of lost men who by most measures aren't all that bad, just severely unbalanced. I had worked with more than a few of these guys throughout life. I actually liked many of them---until they turned to their favorite subject........
s
I've worked around such folks in Alaska. They generally have some scheme for not paying taxes such as setting themselves up as churches.

They are fun to be around, kind of outrageous and out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
The idiots just posted another video of the disaster the left in the barracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsQEwWZLqg

They trashed the barracks, they trashed their campsite, they have dug holes, cut fences, put in roads, and are demanding that everyone involved be pardoned.

Maybe no one told them that to negotiate you have to have something that the other party wants.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:45 PM

Why did a bird refuge have all these bunkbeds?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post

Maybe no one told them that to negotiate you have to have something that the other party wants.
The judge won't release any of the defendants while the occupation continues.

So, not only do these sad sacks not have nothing to trade, the longer they stay, the longer the brain trust stays in jail.

I'm thinking the FBI has limited motivation to negotiate their safe passage out of there..

Old 01-29-2016, 06:07 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm bewildered by those who think they can shoot their way out of a confrontation. Have they seen a SWAT squad? Spec Op team?

All this military talk and camo outfits (which by the way, given conditions in Oregon should be white) from men who never served a day in combat is ludicrous.

Seems they want to live in a country where one need not follow the laws. Ranchers can graze their cattle without paying a fee. People can threaten Law Enforcement Officers without any consequences.

There are countries where if you have enough ammunition, you can do whatever you want. Syria comes to mind, but I'm sure there are other spots on the globe. Strange they haven't all packed up and gone somewhere less oppressive.

Perhaps the "sovereign citizens" fear they wouldn't last a week in such a rough and tumble environment. Who knows?
well, since most of them don't work for a living, they probably have tons of practice playing call of duty on their X-box

Old 01-29-2016, 06:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Biologists and firefighters used them. Someone said that they can be rented too.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:10 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,534,907 times
Came in like King Kong Bundy but he's leaving like Al Bundy.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:19 PM

934 posts, read 1,127,687 times
Quote:
I doubt it did. They had plenty of time to set up their stronghold in the beginning to their liking.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:19 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,907,951 times
And when they go home, the government is NOT going to arrest any of them and charge them with the same felony level crime that the militia members who were pulled over in a traffic stop were charged with. . . . . .

I would think that that would invalidate any attempts by a prosecutor in the cases where members of the militia were charged to effectively argue his position in court, unless he is willing to admit that in federal cases, the decision to charge individuals and highly subjective and based on the whims of a prosecutor rather than whether or not a crime was committed.

It would be like only charging some people for murder, but not others.

The government did not even announce or set terms that if everyone went home that they would not have to face charges. Guess the feds wanted to see some blood before it was over so those in charge could feed their own pathetic and weak egos.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:22 PM

934 posts, read 1,127,687 times
Quote:
The judge won't release any of the defendants while the occupation continues.

So, not only do these sad sacks not have nothing to trade, the longer they stay, the longer the brain trust stays in jail.

I'm thinking the FBI has limited motivation to negotiate their safe passage out of there..

The FEDS have been pretty hands off in this whole matter up to now. It seems like they finally decided to make a move. Those folks have been sitting out there for a month, free to come and go without much in the way of interference. Seems like the FEDS chose to make a strategic move to take them out when they were on the move and away from their stronghold. Now, as it stands, the FEDS have the upper hand. They've roadblocked the refuge off. They are stuck there. They can starve or try to foot it out through the brush at night, or some other plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events