Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 11:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times

Advertisements

It's about time the Feds cracked down on these terrorists..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:11 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,901,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It's about time the Feds cracked down on these terrorists..

But the Feds are cracking down in a very cowardly way. Waiting three weeks, making a few arrests, etc.

The Feds have not gone all in yet and put this stand off to an end but rather made a few arrests yesterday because:

*Those making decisions at the Federal level WANTED the arrests yesterday to result in the death not of one of the militia members but rather were hoping on a death of at least one member of the Federal team that made the arrests.

Simply because, if or when that happens, the Feds will then (within a matter of a few hours) execute an already drafted plan to go in and kill every single militia member at the stand off. Using the death of a Federal agent as the default reason to massacre the militia members.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:51 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,697,415 times
The Bundys, are they the infamous Texan family of moochers? What are the doing in Oregon, is the mooching good there?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:09 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,918,985 times
Not to present the unpopular side of this, but it sure sounded like the Hammonds were railroaded by the BLM in an attack on their land.

And there were rumors floating around this evening that the rancher who was shot was unarmed and had surrendered. It is sounding like another unjustified police shooting.

When I read that 25 miles of 395 (a major interstate thoroughfare) were shut down after the shooting - that is unprecedented and appears to me to have all the signs of a coverup.

I saw similar occurrences in El Salvador and Guatemala during their revolutions. Have a death squad whack someone who was politically unpopular, then limit access to media or anyone and clean up the mess then hand out an "official" explanation that the "criminals" resisted arrest of whatever. This my friends is the epitome of tyranny.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:09 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,417,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Not to present the unpopular side of this, but it sure sounded like the Hammonds were railroaded by the BLM in an attack on their land.

And there were rumors floating around this evening that the rancher who was shot was unarmed and had surrendered. It is sounding like another unjustified police shooting.

When I read that 25 miles of 395 (a major interstate thoroughfare) were shut down after the shooting - that is unprecedented and appears to me to have all the signs of a coverup.

I saw similar occurrences in El Salvador and Guatemala during their revolutions. Have a death squad whack someone who was politically unpopular, then limit access to media or anyone and clean up the mess then hand out an "official" explanation that the "criminals" resisted arrest of whatever. This my friends is the epitome of tyranny.
Maybe 25 miles was the distance between points in the highway where someone could get around the road closure. I would hate to drive in 13 miles only to turn around to go back to a point where I could of avoided the whole mess. Here on I-10 most exits are 4 miles apart, so if you had to shut down the freeway for some reason it doesn't sound that bad, but in a rural area, the distances are that much longer.

As for the rumors: unarmed? Really? Those guys? I thought they wore a gun in the shower....

Old 01-27-2016, 04:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,775,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It was a traffic stop and shots were fired. Why didn't law enforcement unload 137 shots into the vehicle? Oh wait, white privilege!
I knew that there had to be one of you who would come out of the woodpile.

Don

Old 01-27-2016, 05:00 AM

35,557 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I knew that there had to be one of you come out of the woodpile.

Don
NO -there is a double standard - not every body got their head in the sand ---but I believe the area makes a difference - where is this in Oregon again-? Had it been in a city, be different terms of engagement.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:02 AM

658 posts, read 1,141,200 times
what are the chances he'll be charged with sedition?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:25 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,383,524 times
You have got to love how the feds did this:

- Arrest takes them by surprise on an open road
- The Arrest nets all their leaders
- Arrest occurs after the militia guys had a chance to air their views
- Only one person killed

Somebody needs a promotion.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,170,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
On the other hand, the convoy that got themselves arrested (and in one case, killed) was the camp leadership - both Bundys, to begin with. And another high profile - Ritzheimer - was picked up at his home, offering no resistance.

I am not sure exactly how dumb you have to be to put your leaders in one convoy and then drive 70 miles on a remote highway to well-publicized event. Pretty dumb, at any rate.
Over-confident plus dumb IMO. They obviously thought that the feds were too afraid of them to act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events