Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Double standard or not, I think the fed learned a lot from the Waco siege and rather than provoking a fully armed confrontation where there is no imminent threat and instead waiting to pick the individual and small groups of occupiers when the opportunity presents itself is the wise choice of action.

By the way, there was one killed and another wounded so the double standard doesn't apply as cleanly as some might like.
I don't believe the feds learned anything from the Waco siege....
What about Randy Weaver?

and there are way different people in charge now, then there was then and as always with humans, history repeats itself.

I don't see anyone discussing what caused this thing in the first place...does anyone know, or are you all simply judging from what the news media tells you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 08:38 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It was a traffic stop and shots were fired. Why didn't law enforcement unload 137 shots into the vehicle? Oh wait, white privilege!
Maybe you should take it up with the police in that completely different part of the country?

Be sure to have a long talk with their pubic union too and the mayor....and oh....good luck with that sucker.

Well, you can always vote in another party and get change? *lol* no, you can't do that either.

If it makes you feel any better, one was shot dead and despite having earlier given a "they'll never take me alive" speech his buddy is saying he was shot with his hands up.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It was a traffic stop and shots were fired. Why didn't law enforcement unload 137 shots into the vehicle? Oh wait, white privilege!
When you do wrong, you are vilified, when you do right, you are vilified. Guess that bout covers it.

PS

Not saying either situation was handled either way. Just trying to understand the OPs POV.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe you should take it up with the police in that completely different part of the country?

Be sure to have a long talk with their pubic union too and the mayor....and oh....good luck with that sucker.

Well, you can always vote in another party and get change? *lol* no, you can't do that either.

If it makes you feel any better, one was shot dead and despite having earlier given a "they'll never take me alive" speech his buddy is saying he was shot with his hands up.

They didn't even fire on the Feds....the Feds fired on them.....but the feds are claiming differently, of course....

Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
LaVoy Finicum killed

Old 01-27-2016, 08:46 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They didn't even fire on the Feds....the Feds fired on them.....but the feds are claiming differently, of course....
When a guy swears not to be taken alive, their entire movement has prided itself on being heavily armed and the ONE guy that gets shot dead was the guy swearing not to go to jail.....

Um, idk, maybe you should wait and see if there is video released before believing either party?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
When a guy swears not to be taken alive, their entire movement has prided itself on being heavily armed and the ONE guy that gets shot dead was the guy swearing not to go to jail.....

Um, idk, maybe you should wait and see if there is video released before believing either party?
videos in this world today say nothing about the entire situation at hand....they are used to incriminate....
more so, according to ones agenda...

I'm not taking either side...all I'm saying is, do most of these folks on here standing in judgement against the occupation, calling them names, do they actually know what started all this?

I know what you say is true....I'm not arguing that, or any other opinion...just saying at this point.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:55 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Not to present the unpopular side of this, but it sure sounded like the Hammonds were railroaded by the BLM in an attack on their land.

If that's what you think then you need to learn more about what happened. They weren't prosecuted for their activities on their land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
And there were rumors floating around this evening that the rancher who was shot was unarmed and had surrendered. It is sounding like another unjustified police shooting.

When I read that 25 miles of 395 (a major interstate thoroughfare) were shut down after the shooting - that is unprecedented and appears to me to have all the signs of a coverup.

I saw similar occurrences in El Salvador and Guatemala during their revolutions. Have a death squad whack someone who was politically unpopular, then limit access to media or anyone and clean up the mess then hand out an "official" explanation that the "criminals" resisted arrest of whatever. This my friends is the epitome of tyranny.
Sure, there are all kinds of rumors, but they're not true. In fact, in a funny twist on things, his accomplices are doing everything they can to shoot down the rumors because they don't want him to be portrayed as someone who was willing to surrender. He was charging the cops when he was shot.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 AM

1,166 posts, read 754,663 times
Quote:

Eyewitnesses are reporting that Finicum did not have his hands up and was shot while charging at the police. So, using the typical conservative logic, the man deserved to die for failing to follow orders from a police officer. Or does that rule only apply to unarmed black men?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:03 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Eyewitnesses are reporting that Finicum did not have his hands up and was shot while charging at the police. So, using the typical conservative logic, the man deserved to die for failing to follow orders from a police officer. Or does that rule only apply to unarmed black men?
Until someone provides the video (and probably even after that) people are going to believe what they want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events