Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:08 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Ok, I think I have enough bona fides when it criticizing the police, what would be the charge in this case? I my mind this was clearly not a criminal act, it was an accident and the officer immediately recognized his culpability and regret. Cause for a suspension, I think so. Mandatory retraining, definitely. So where does jail come into play?
The cop's reaction was immediate and he did not hesitate to take the blame and to render aid. I think the cop's reaction probably figured into the decision about his punishment. Although a civil lawyer could probably make something of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 02:11 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Most cops are low IQ school dropouts .
Far from true where I live.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:15 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The cop's reaction was immediate and he did not hesitate to take the blame and to render aid. I think the cop's reaction probably figured into the decision about his punishment. Although a civil lawyer could probably make something of it.
Well you are quite right, he and the department are certainly liable for at the very least any damages that arose out of this shooting which no matter how you cut it was the result of negligence on the officer's part although I don't really understand the need for a drawn weapon during a traffic stop.

Was the guy fleeing... I was on a bike and it took a cop literally five miles to catch-up and it was only then that I realized that he was chasing me. I pulled over immediately, I was contrite (I had no excuses) and polite, I got only two citations for a minimum of 6 violations.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:53 PM

23 posts, read 25,404 times
Quote:
Most cops are low IQ school dropouts who attend an academy for couple of months and given power of authority and guns. Yeah, nothing bad could possibly happen.
Sir, you are sadly misinformed. The statistics show otherwise.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:34 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Muscle memory is a difficult thing to understand if you haven't really had to depend upon it. Still, your brain should be working faster than your muscles.

I rode horses bareback growing up. I jumped, ran around, whatever but no saddle. The muscle memory that I developed, not even realizing it, saved my bacon several times riding later in life.

The whole "you never forget how to ride a bike" is basically muscle memory.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:56 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This guy obviously needs training and might need to re-evaluate if he has the nerve to be a cop.
I think that question has already been answered.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:16 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
There's no valid excuse for someone who has supposedly gone through extensive training and whose job entails carrying a firearm to do something so stupid.

At the very least this cop should have been fired and barred from working as an LEO ever again.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Most cops are low IQ school dropouts who attend an academy for couple of months and given power of authority and guns. Yeah, nothing bad could possibly happen.
How could you possibly know their IQ's?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:41 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Quote:
Simply untrue.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:49 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
There's no valid excuse for someone who has supposedly gone through extensive training and whose job entails carrying a firearm to do something so stupid.

At the very least this cop should have been fired and barred from working as an LEO ever again.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events