Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:49 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So many questions-

What was a 12 year old doing on a school bus with high school wrestlers- is he a team member?

Why did the bus driver not leave the lights on/radio for help?

Was there no one else on this bus who objected to this 'behavior' towards these two victims?

Where were the adult chaperones/coaches?
5. Why do these boys think it's okay to rape?

6. Where/who are their role models?

7. Where are their morals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 10:59 AM

545 posts, read 594,215 times
Young male athletes with uncontrollable libidos!

Old 02-03-2016, 11:12 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,995,583 times
The tournament was a Middle/HS tournament. That why the 12yo was on the bus.

Don't know the time, but Most of these thing run till late at night 10-11p. (Started @ noon), so they probably Left @ 8am, and did not depart the host school till close to midnight. Most would be sleeping on the 60-90min bus ride back to the school, that late. The drivers job is to Drive, Having lights on the bus can be distracting to a driver late @ night.

But Yes, There should have been a Coach, of some kind on the bus, sitting in the "Middle" of the bus. More or less to be the dividing point between the Middle & High Schooners.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:13 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
Young male athletes with uncontrollable libidos!
Rape has nothing to be with being horny. They all belong in prison.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:36 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,767,854 times
One can only hope that these creeps spend the rest of their sick, evil lives as registered offenders, rather than what I fear - that they will be given sweet deals and mere 'suspensions', because they're big hero athletes. That sort of thing seems to happen all too often: the athletes miraculously emerging unscathed, while their victims' damage is discounted.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:39 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,134,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
So if it's on the mat its a victory and if its on the bus its rape?
I know you think that's funny. It's not.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
One can only hope that these creeps spend the rest of their sick, evil lives as registered offenders, rather than what I fear - that they will be given sweet deals and mere 'suspensions', because they're big hero athletes. That sort of thing seems to happen all too often: the athletes miraculously emerging unscathed, while their victims' damage is discounted.
Athletes are held up on such a pedestal, and for what? At the university level, especially really well-known and good sports colleges, many athletes suck academically (are total idiots who are essentially illiterate, I know from experience peer reviewing some of their work at my school) and are given scholarships to attend school (really play their sport) and take joke classes that give easy As so the "student" can stay afloat and remain in the sports program. Total joke that we revere athletics so much more than academics and brains/decent behavior. It's not uncommon that athletes get away with these kinds of crimes. I don't get why.

Perhaps if pros also started suffering actual consequences (permanently getting kicked out of the NFL, for example, if you beat your wife) younger athletes would have a different, better model to look up to.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:49 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
I do not know the full story but don't know if anyone else here does either. But we all know that in cases where minors are involved, the term rape is legally used to define even consensual sexual behavior. So, let's all back off and let the justice system sort it out before we go labelling people monsters that need to spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Not that this is not a serious problem that needs to be addressed, just hate when social media experts become judge and jury with only a few facts.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I do not know the full story but don't know if anyone else here does either. But we all know that in cases where minors are involved, the term rape is legally used to define even consensual sexual behavior. So, let's all back off and let the justice system sort it out before we go labelling people monsters that need to spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Not that this is not a serious problem that needs to be addressed, just hate when social media experts become judge and jury with only a few facts.
Not if all involved are minors. It's possible for a kid to rape another kid. If the "rapist" was an adult and the "victim" a minor or under the age of consent which is sometimes 16, then yes it's statutory rape even if it was consensual (which is why I put rapist and victim in quotes, assuming it's consensual in the scenario you gave). But if all involved parties are under 18, it can still be normal rape/assault.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Not if all involved are minors. It's possible for a kid to rape another kid. If the "rapist" was an adult and the "victim" a minor or under the age of consent which is sometimes 16, then yes it's statutory rape even if it was consensual (which is why I put rapist and victim in quotes, assuming it's consensual in the scenario you gave). But if all involved parties are under 18, it can still be normal rape/assault.
From what little I read on this, one of the youths is over 18, so that does cross the line into legal adulthood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events