U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 PM

18,158 posts, read 11,142,427 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlrSain0lk

This is ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 12:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 11,142,427 times
They arrested Cliven Bundy.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:58 AM

1,657 posts, read 1,639,739 times
Karma at it's finest.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:38 AM

3,017 posts, read 3,269,456 times
If or when those that were arrested get out of jail and are on probation:

They should be required to get jobs, which due to actually having to go to work should prevent this nonsense from happening in the future.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:23 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,281,777 times
'seige' = law enforcement onsite to arrest people violating the law

Protesting the 'tyranny' of heavily-subsidized, below-market-value grazing fees is like an NFL billionaire complaining that a city is only paying for 90% of his new stadium, not the entire thing.

"Don't tread on me! But keep the checks comin' 'cause I need the cash!"

Old 02-11-2016, 10:08 AM

20,332 posts, read 10,454,337 times
New stream up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4

Old 02-11-2016, 01:30 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,281,777 times
"A cookie and one more cigarette": the strange, sad end of the Oregon standoff - Vox

Quote:
Three of the remaining militants surrendered to the FBI as planned on Thursday morning. But David Fry, a 27-year-old Ohio resident, refused to leave the federal building they had occupied, staying on the phone with activists in a rambling, hour-long conversation about wanting to die — for the cause of the militants or for no cause at all.

After a tense, anguished hour, Fry walked out, asking only that those outside the cabin shout, "Hallelujah!"

Quote:
"Christ died at 33. He died for what he believed in," Fry said at one point. "He didn't just go along and try to live a selfish life. … The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
So... he has a messiah complex... and he's fond of the same quote that was so beloved to Timothy McVeigh. Roger that.

Quote:
His grievances were incoherent, ranging from rants about abortion in America to drone strikes to marijuana to the protests after Trayvon Martin's death. He said Obama was a traitor and that he didn't want to pay his taxes. He complained about preferential treatment for jailed Wall Street bankers and said he was afraid of being raped in prison.
Basically, he's angry that things aren't going his way. President Obama was duly elected twice. But... he thinks government should kowtow to the demands of those who take up arms against the state.

Oh, and Mr. Fry? I don't want to be raped in prison either. Know what works good in that regard? Not committing armed insurrection. That way you won't get arrested and convicted and imprisoned for armed insurrection.

Quote:
As the conversation went on, he veered further into conspiracy, saying the government was "chemically mutating people" and talking about UFOs and the government suppressing inventions.
Why does this not surprise me at all?

Quote:
"They're going to at least say a hallelujah," Fry said jubilantly, saying he was going to "get a cookie and one more cigarette" before surrendering with an "alrighty then."
I smoked once upon a time, so I can see the need for a heater when one's about to surrender to the FBI. But... an Oreo? (or was it a Chip Ahoy?)

Last edited by Unsettomati; 02-11-2016 at 01:42 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 10 days ago)

8,141 posts, read 5,821,654 times
This whole standoff was a waste of time and a man was killed in the process because he thought he was doing the right thing. What a shame.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM

7,841 posts, read 7,334,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
This whole standoff was a waste of time and a man was killed in the process because he thought he was doing the right thing. What a shame.
No, he was killed because he wanted to be a martyr to his "cause", and proclaimed so on the web. Law enforcement took him at his word.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:13 PM

2,542 posts, read 5,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
"A cookie and one more cigarette": the strange, sad end of the Oregon standoff - Vox

I smoked once upon a time, so I can see the need for a heater when one's about to surrender to the FBI. But... an Oreo? (or was it a Chip Ahoy?)
I'm a bit addicted to sugar and chocolate, so I can totally see needing one last sugar rush before handing myself over.

Thankfully, it's all over. Hopefully the government will have everything documented and packed up in time for spring migration. I had been thinking of going to the refuge for the last year, then decided in December that we would go this spring. Honestly, that's just my luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events