Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2016, 12:25 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times

Advertisements

what exactly did this gang of ****heads do? who are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 12:54 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Gangs need to be looked at as terrorists. That is what they are. They terrorize the communities they reside in. They terrorize the people that live in those dangerous neighborhoods. Who wants to wake up in the morning and hear gunshots?

Old 02-26-2016, 01:01 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Gangs need to be looked at as terrorists. That is what they are. They terrorize the communities they reside in. They terrorize the people that live in those dangerous neighborhoods. Who wants to wake up in the morning and hear gunshots?
The only gunshots I want to hear are the gangs shooting each other. Unfortunately they always seem to hit some innocent person, ie a drive-by. It's amazing the people on here who seem to think these thugs are worth defending.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:09 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The only gunshots I want to hear are the gangs shooting each other. Unfortunately they always seem to hit some innocent person, ie a drive-by. It's amazing the people on here who seem to think these thugs are worth defending.
This is the United States of America. It is governed by the constitution. Last time I checked, there is nothing illegal about joining a group, whether it is a gang of kids, a communist meetup group, a redneck old folks motorcycle gang, or a bingo gang. Citizens of the United States have the right to join any "gang" that they choose.

Last time I checked, everyone who is a citizen of this country is considered innocent under the law until proven guilty. Every citizen is worth defending until proven guilty. That includes me, you and gang members.

Old 02-26-2016, 01:14 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Last time I checked, this is the United States of America. It is governed by the constitution. Last time I checked, everyone who is a citizen of this country is considered innocent under the law until proven guilty. Every citizen is worth defending until proven guilty. That includes me, you and gang members.
Then feel free to visit the inner cities and help/defend these scum. There are people worth defending and there are these thugs. Not all citizens deserve my sympathy. You go on and defend them. Nobody is stopping you.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:04 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Feel good moment... More effectual if you just use all that personnel to sweep the county on a large scale arrest operation... Nice picture for re-election . I did apprecaite the community leaders also in the picture

Don't tell me.. Show me

Old 02-27-2016, 07:05 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Feel good moment... More effectual if you just use all that personnel to sweep the county on a large scale arrest operation... Nice picture for re-election . I did apprecaite the community leaders also in the picture

Don't tell me.. Show me
You are missing the point then. He calls them out by name and shows a photo of each one, then calls on the community and encourages them to assist LE in catching these heathens. Until watching the video, most would never know the names or faces of those wanted by LE. It's harder to hide from LE when millions of people are seeing your picture and name called out on this viral video. From what I understand, it working. 2 of them have now been arrested, probably thanks to this video. So there you go, he is showing you.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:07 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
what exactly did this gang of ****heads do? who are they?
They are a gang of criminals who have committed several violent crimes against innocent people. Who are they? The names and faces of each were shown to you so what do you mean who are they?

Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
They are a gang of criminals who have committed several violent crimes against innocent people. Who are they? The names and faces of each were shown to you so what do you mean who are they?
thank you Hollynla, isn't it just disgusting how our politicians have made this a racist issue. Today, it's ok to be a criminal...? And most police forces won't back their officers. They fire them b/c they live in predominately black neighborhoods and want the votes to keep their jobs instead of doing the right thing.
Police officers loose their Pensions if they are fired, not to mention their jobs.

Now granted, there are corrupt officers in the country, but there are more officers who do a fantastic job....
and it's pathetic that they put their lives on the line for neighborhoods who blame them for protecting their own lives....

This has to stop....officers do not get paid enough to put up with this, and guess what, this is going to cause even more police corruption, b/c no one will want the jobs except bad people if it keeps up.

Already, due to having to hire minorities, forces around the country are making their testing easier....doesn't that beat all. So you have an officer, who went thru the strigent process of passing all his tests, and a minority comes in and they don't give him/her the written test? That is disgusting.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:03 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
I didn't miss that point. It is the job of leo to effect arrests in an impartial and fair manner. In a smaller county it may be effective to publicly publish criminals names and photos. There has to be parameters once you go public... And it also has pitfalls of danger

Misidentification of someone or their complicity in a crime
Tainting jury pools
May set up legal challenges to cases...may taint further investigations.. It's no just what we arrest Joe bad guy for but the other crimes Joe bad guy did and knows about... Very few virgins in the crook world
Causing vigilantism ...what happens when innocent citizens get killed doing what leo is trained for and has the legal authority to use..
Potentially waters down the public's involvement
Where does the Sheriff go from here and how long does he keep it up
Let's criminals know part of the plan... Sure overwhelming force looks good... What's it do for the single patrol deputy... Not much...
Puts a mindset into personnel... Maybe not a good one... Most CD posters rail against a mentality of their leos being overly aggressive as a department... How many uses of force will come from it.. How many shootings unrelated

The sheriff must be slow steady and above reproach..he or she sets the tone for the department

We aren't the old west anymore.. A show of force won't deter a crook ..the legal application of force will

A more sustainable solution is secret witness grant funding...partner with media for an on-going long term section

Effective leos do it and don't talk about it....

I will grant you this however... If the community supports it.. Funds it.. And sustains it.. And it is proven effective over the long term... Great..they are getting what they asked for

Ultimately.... Laws are made by the legislature and populous... The use of federal Rico laws and putting away bad guys for a very long time are effective deterrents to recidivism

Last edited by notmeofficer; 02-27-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events