Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 09:59 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,431,722 times

Advertisements

I might do it for one of their cookies, but not ice cream.

Their cookies are worth the risk of having my phone stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 10:02 AM

902 posts, read 1,103,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Dumb idea.

What's next they will give away freedom fries for bringing a Bible and reading it with your family.

Why don't they just limit themselves to sell food? Who do they think they are to tell their customers what they should be doing or not while they eat their greasy food?
wow, sounds like someone has an agenda and an "ax to grind"

I suspect nothing Chick-fil-a could do would make you happy, likely due to their CEO being vocal about his christian beliefs..... really?

the level of hate and intolerance spewed upon this sandwich shop due to the elderly owners christian beliefs is downright scary...... and its those who claim to be "open minded" that are doing it

why is it that some "open minded" people that experienced a degree of intolerance earlier in their lives, want so badly to return it Ten-Fold to people who are not like them?

Old 03-03-2016, 10:03 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'll should out a Hail Mary in the middle of the restaurant for a free shake!

I don't know about that, they're Southern Baptists and might not like it! LOL

Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I don't know about that, they're Southern Baptists and might not like it! LOL
LOL

Maybe reading out loud "two Corinthians" will be more effective.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post

I suspect nothing Chick-fil-a could do would make you happy, l
False, they could go out of business.
Quote:
likely due to their CEO being vocal about his christian beliefs..... really?
I wouldn't call his beliefs "Christian" so the answer is no.

Quote:
the level of hate and intolerance spewed upon this sandwich shop due to the elderly owners christian beliefs is downright scary...... and its those who claim to be "open minded" that are doing it
Actually I think it's a stupid idea regardless where it came from. Are they gonna have employees going around the tables making sure their customers are not removing their cell phones from the coop box?
If people want to share a moment with their family it should come from their hearts, not because they are gonna get some high sugar content ice cream. That's a ridiculous idea. People don't need babysitters to tell them how their should run their families
Quote:
why is it that some "open minded" people that experienced a degree of intolerance earlier in their lives, want so badly to return it Ten-Fold to people who are not like them?
Save me the melodrama and the telenovela. I said that I think it's a dumb idea. I didn't say I'm gonna reelect Obama to get Cheat-FilA shut down.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sure it is when your cell phone habit affects others. Its like saying Im tired of smoke shaming. Im and adult and pay for my own ciggs so I will decide when and where I will smoke whether its appropriate or not.
I was at the polls the other day and two people in front of me in line were playing on their phone. They both held up the line the time it took for the poll worker to get their attention and them put their phone up to move up to vote. Numerous times people hold up the flow because they are yakking on their phone ignoring the cashier/waitress or whatever.

Frankly I'm tired of peoples lack of respect and manners and ignorance of common courtesy.
Me talking on MY phone at MY table doesn't affect you any differently than talking to the people sitting at my table.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:57 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
False, they could go out of business. I wouldn't call his beliefs "Christian" so the answer is no.

Actually I think it's a stupid idea regardless where it came from. Are they gonna have employees going around the tables making sure their customers are not removing their cell phones from the coop box?
If people want to share a moment with their family it should come from their hearts, not because they are gonna get some high sugar content ice cream. That's a ridiculous idea. People don't need babysitters to tell them how their should run their families

Save me the melodrama and the telenovela. I said that I think it's a dumb idea. I didn't say I'm gonna reelect Obama to get Cheat-FilA shut down.
You seem to be missing the part about it being optional. It's not stated in fine print. It's pretty obvious you can either choose to accept their offer or not. This isn't rocket science.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:02 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Frankly, I'm tired of the phone shaming. I'm an adult and pay my own phone bill. I'll decide when I will and won't use it, and it's no one else's business whether or not it's appropriate (as long as it's not causing anyone else physical harm, or has the potential to).
Because physical harm is the only harm one can bring on another person right? And yes, it is others' business whether your cell phone use is appropriate. It's certainly your family's if your overuse of your phone is causing them EMOTIONAL HARM, and it's our business, you know, the strangers who live on the same planet as you, when you sit at a stoplight ignoring the green because you're so busy talking/texting on your phone or having such loud conversations in restaurants that you disrupt the enjoyment of other diners' meals. The world does not revolve around you and your phone, whether you pay the bill or not.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
I think it's nice and I will happily accept an ice creme! :-)

Old 03-03-2016, 11:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Me talking on MY phone at MY table doesn't affect you any differently than talking to the people sitting at my table.
Not that I was specifically addressing talking on your phone while dining at a restaurant but since you brought it up actually its been my experience that often those talking on their phone in public seem to TALK SO MUCH LOUDER than people having a face to face conversation. I dont know if its just the act of being on the phone, bad reception or the look at me, look at me I'm talking on my phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events