Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 11:48 AM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This.

Officer: You painted me immediately as a cop hater. Again I invite you to research my post history including posts in this very thread supporting the police. You are passing judgement on me without knowing all the fact, the very thing you are lecturing us about regarding this story. Again I invite you to access the court transcripts, you would know how to do that better than I do. We can then settle the lying part right here and now.

The problem here is it is you that is being close minded. We have heard multiple accounts now in this thread, first hand experiences that backed up what we all know. The police are corrupt a lot of the time and more importantly the good cops (and yes there are plenty) are reluctant to speak up due to the brotherhood. This is a very very real problem yet you continue to ignore it. By doing this you appear to be part of the problem. You show no interest in addressing this problem yet alone trying to fix it, then you can't understand all the anti-cop sentiment. Seriously if you can't understand why this is frustrating to the public you need to seriously pay attention to how police act in our eyes. And again I am not a cop hater, I have not experienced what others have regarding my interactions with the police. But if I was that guy who got that type of treatment from a lazy, abusive cop when he was the VICTIM of a home break in I sure would be anti-cop.

Why in the world would we repeat our comments made here to an officer in the real world? Are you really suggesting we pick a fight with a cop knowing what we know about them (you)? Now that is the dumbest comment you have made, well right after the rap thing of course.
Yes, this bolded part is what he/they always do. It's really an attempt to instill fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Exactly...how on earth do you train someone to have correct ethics and morals? Regardless of re-training, you still have a cop on the streets with a gun who put his hand on a bible swearing to tell the truth, then lied through his teeth. I'd like to know what kind of training would prevent this.
You can't. It's something intrinsically sick in them.

When I was at Officer Candidacy School for the Army, our Commander said to us, "we can teach you tactics and technical skills. We can PT you into shape but one thing we cannot teach are ethics. You have it or you don't."

After finding out what I did about the police hiring processes, I don't have much faith or trust in the police.

Old 03-11-2016, 04:57 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Based soley upon the video snippet

Inappropriate use of force
Poor quality arrest
Trooper handled horribly....

We however are not paid to get bit and as is most always the case something precipitated an encounter where someone didn't take personal responsibility for themselves or creatures in their charge

I'm amazed the D.a. would file it

Dog while initially displayed protective aggression was a family dog and not a biter

Lose his job? Get real...
Be re-trained
Absolutely

I believe she has an excellent civil case and I would find for her based solely on the videotape and a one sided story...

Can anyone confirm the dog was not on a chain as has been spread as truth on the internet... I didn't see any chain... If there was one that would excerbate the unnecessary use of force...
Lets see....
  • Cop lies about perp having a weapon?
  • Cop ready to shoot non-agressive dog?
  • Cop testifies under oath that woman was aggressive?
  • Cop arrests the woman on a Trumped up FELONY charge of obstruction of justiice?
AND YOU WANT "US" to respect you (retired LEO) and other cops????

Did you mix your meds with alcohol today?-----Seriously???

THAT COP should be fired on the spot ~ Hope he gets his arse handed to him in Civil Court. AND hope the city hears from him again about his conduct UN-BECOMING.

What about the other jerks who backed him up?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Lets see....
  • Cop lies about perp having a weapon?... So says an articke
  • Cop ready to shoot non-agressive dog? And didn't....
  • Cop testifies under oath that woman was aggressive? Where was that in the testimony.. Read 148 PC... And then look at WV criminal code
  • Cop arrests the woman on a Trumped up FELONY charge of obstruction of justiice? It's a misdemeanor... But ..hey honest mistake...for someone who isnt familiar with the law and believes everything they read on CD or the internet
AND YOU WANT "US" to respect you (retired LEO) and other cops???? Hysteria can be catching... Me.. I could care less if you respect yourself... Just follow the law...

Did you mix your meds with alcohol today?-----Seriously??? Me..I don't drink..use drugs including over the counter.. Never have never will.. How about you?

THAT COP should be fired on the spot ~ Hope he gets his arse handed to him in Civil Court. AND hope the city hears from him again about his conduct UN-BECOMING. What if he's innocent?

What about the other jerks who backed him up?
You mean the other honorable officers doing service to their community?

Hide under the bed..all will be well

Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
You mean the other honorable officers doing service to their community?

Hide under the bed..all will be well
What a well reasoned and thought out rebuttal.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
You can't. It's something intrinsically sick in them.

When I was at Officer Candidacy School for the Army, our Commander said to us, "we can teach you tactics and technical skills. We can PT you into shape but one thing we cannot teach are ethics. You have it or you don't."

After finding out what I did about the police hiring processes, I don't have much faith or trust in the police.
And we can't get ex mil to pass even basic polygraphs and drug tests... Honor code long since forgotten

Step up... Hero's

People cannot discourse on factual basis and make it solely personal attacks... As several of you have...are the ones who lose credibility and objectivity

Let's see if any of you can pass even West Virginia state police application process... We interview 30000 applicants for 300 positions...

Based upon statistics it is doubtful any of the naysayers here could EVER pass even a basic application process

Please follow this case and see if any of the allegations made here come to pass.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:03 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
I just wish the cop who committed perjury would personally have to pay the damages for the civil suit that this woman is filing and will undoubtedly win.

You'd see A LOT less bad behavior from cops if there was the threat that they would be held financially responsible for their misconduct.

Perhaps cops should be made to carry some kind of liability insurance like those in other professions?

Old 03-11-2016, 11:24 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
Said by people who would never repeat it to a policeman...

Quote:
The garbage that gets posted here by a few regilar posters wouldn't stand the light of scrutiny... And would never be said in person..
You keep saying this - what exactly does it mean?

Come on, say it. You thump your chest on a regular basis and brag about what a tough guy you are, so don't sidestep away from this. Here's your chance to show us all that you're the man you say you are - why exactly do you think none of this would ever be said in person to a cop? What would happen if we did?

Have you got the guts to say it outright? Are you going to stand up on your hind legs and give us a straight answer, or are you going to tuck your tail between them and scurry away?

Quote:
The anonymity of the Internet makes everyone the ten pound gorilla in the room
Uh-huh. Sure, go ahead and spin it that way if you want. Way I see it is that you've spent your whole career in the real world using your badge to win every argument by intimidation - but on the internet, you can't hide behind your badge and bully people like you do in real life; you have to win your arguments with reason, logic, and intelligent discourse. But you never learned to do that on the streets, so you're completely out of your element here and in way over your head.

What's basically happened here is that we took your own nightstick away from you and are clubbing you senseless with it, and you're just looking up from the sidewalk gasping, "See? I'm winning! I must be, because after all I'm a cop!!"

Edit: And anyway, what in the hell is a "ten pound gorilla?" You're saying the internet shrinks everyone to a tiny fraction of their real size? What in the world are you even trying to say here?

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 03-11-2016 at 11:55 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 04:58 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
And we can't get ex mil to pass even basic polygraphs and drug tests... Honor code long since forgotten

Step up... Hero's

People cannot discourse on factual basis and make it solely personal attacks... As several of you have...are the ones who lose credibility and objectivity

Let's see if any of you can pass even West Virginia state police application process... We interview 30000 applicants for 300 positions...

Based upon statistics it is doubtful any of the naysayers here could EVER pass even a basic application process

Please follow this case and see if any of the allegations made here come to pass.
With this logic you are not exactly a ringing endorsement for the intelligence of the police. As I said I'm not anti cop, far from it. But my experience with you in this thread is really challenging my beliefs.

Your last line is the real kicker, it is simply amazing that you still don't grasp this. If the officer walks from any discipline it would just confirm what we have been saying all along, that cops get away with just about anything. It would prove our point, not yours.

Are you really claiming that most of us are not as intelligent as applicants at the West Virginia State Police? These are applicant who only need a high school education or GED, the vast majority did not attend let alone graduate from college and hold a degree from the West Virginia Public School System. Yeah I'll take my chances facing off with that group.

The fact that one in ten qualifies does not necessarily mean the standards are high, it also is a reflection of the level of the applicants.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-12-2016 at 05:14 AM..

Old 03-12-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
You keep saying this - what exactly does it mean?

Come on, say it. You thump your chest on a regular basis and brag about what a tough guy you are, so don't sidestep away from this. Here's your chance to show us all that you're the man you say you are - why exactly do you think none of this would ever be said in person to a cop? What would happen if we did?

Have you got the guts to say it outright? Are you going to stand up on your hind legs and give us a straight answer, or are you going to tuck your tail between them and scurry away?

Uh-huh. Sure, go ahead and spin it that way if you want. Way I see it is that you've spent your whole career in the real world using your badge to win every argument by intimidation - but on the internet, you can't hide behind your badge and bully people like you do in real life; you have to win your arguments with reason, logic, and intelligent discourse. But you never learned to do that on the streets, so you're completely out of your element here and in way over your head.

What's basically happened here is that we took your own nightstick away from you and are clubbing you senseless with it, and you're just looking up from the sidewalk gasping, "See? I'm winning! I must be, because after all I'm a cop!!"

Edit: And anyway, what in the hell is a "ten pound gorilla?" You're saying the internet shrinks everyone to a tiny fraction of their real size? What in the world are you even trying to say here?
Ah ignorance abounds

I doubt there is a department left in the US that still issues nightsticks to patrol officers... PR 24.. Asps.perhaps... Nightsticks.. No...
It is generally ineffectual and allows for potential abuse to beat someone with a clubbing instrument today.. Today new officers are taught less than lethal techniques and disengagement as a way of potentially ending encounters... Tasers..pepper spray... Swarming... Etc. I personally stopped carrying a pr24 years ago in favor of my flashlight. I would use a flashlight as an impact weapon as a last resort... But would always retreat if I had the option. If the altercation had escalated to the use of force where someone was justified in beating another person into submission it had probably already escalated to where deadly force would be justified.

This is the difference between internet warriors and those of us who deal in reality.... Such as what occured in this incident.

No dog was injured
An arrest was made... I would not have made one but then again I have no idea what happened before ... The video is but one component
A court case was lost by the people... This happens everyday in America for lots of reasons
We know nothing about any internal investigation..if there even will be one...
We know nothing about any potential civil suit.. We read the woman was searching for a civil lawyer... But hey they shouldn't be hard to find... Wonder why numerous lawyers didn't jump at the chance.... Hmmm perhaps they looked at it...
A story is being accepted as gospel...without being vetted...without any balance

The acceptance of bad police stories on here as gospel RARELY gives any points of balance or takes a case to the end
Be curious... Investigate the truth... To the end... It is the internet and sometimes hard to determine if you're speaking to a 15 year old or an adult...which I'm having a hard time here figuring out.

The ten pound gorilla is the truth... Which is scant in this story.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-12-2016 at 05:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events