Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:52 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Officer all we have to go on to form our opinion are the stories that are circulating. If you would like to post the court transcript for us to evaluate and compare against the video by all means be my guest. Until that happens I'm going with the video which clearly shows an officer pushing a women to the ground and arresting her violently for doing nothing more than protecting her pet. I agree the dog was not tied up but you have to be a total idiot to think that dog was such a threat that it deserved to be killed. So either the cop overreacted or the policy is incredibly stupid. Either way the finger points at the police. He may not have shot but he did pull and hold a loaded gun pointed directly at Buddy for several seconds. If that was my dog I would have been horrified. And of course we have seen plenty, and I mean plenty, of video where a pet was needlessly shot.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-09-2016 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 08:02 AM

Officer: You are a cop. We all understand the code, the brotherhood, the bond. But to a lot of us the brotherhood is a big reason for the problem. We see good officers reluctant to testify against corrupt cops out of this loyalty. They chose to allow innocent men's lives to be ruined rather than face the wrath from their fellow officers. It makes us not trust any of them, why should we? You have gone out of your way to post wild speculation, none backed up by the evidence we have so far. To us it's another example of you giving the officer all the breaks while implying the victim may have been to blame.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:45 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Lose his job? Get real...
Be re-trained
Absolutely
Retrained to do what, exactly? You're saying he needs to be retrained not to lie and say he was threatened with a weapon, and try to send someone to prison who committed no crime? Really? It somehow slipped his mind that he's not supposed to do that, and he needs to be "retrained" not to send innocent people to prison?

And you're telling us to get real?? Really?

Sorry, bro, but you're this forum's living example of why more and more people in this country do mistrust, disrespect, and even hate police officers. As far as you're concerned, police are above and exempt from the law they're charged with enforcing, simply because they're police officers. My dad was a cop, and cops like you are part of the reason he never missed being one after he left - and why (even though I'm the son of a state trooper, and used to work for a police department), I consider every police officer I meet an enemy until proven otherwise.

That trooper filed a false arrest report, lied on the witness stand, and tried to send an innocent woman to prison simply because she challenged his authority. He needs to be charged and convicted of perjury, to lose his job, go to jail, and to never work as a police officer again anywhere in the United States. Frankly, you don't have any business wearing a badge yourself, but that's not what this thread is about. But the fact that you do wear one, and represent the badge the way you do, discredits every good police officer in the country.

You continually attack people for "hating" police officers, and never seem capable of grasping that you're a big part of the reason they do. It's officers like you who destroy the public's trust in our police. On behalf of my late father, I say you should be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited by Mr. In-Between; 03-09-2016 at 12:07 PM..

Old 03-09-2016, 12:30 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Officer: You are a cop. We all understand the code, the brotherhood, the bond. But to a lot of us the brotherhood is a big reason for the problem. We see good officers reluctant to testify against corrupt cops out of this loyalty. They chose to allow innocent men's lives to be ruined rather than face the wrath from their fellow officers. It makes us not trust any of them, why should we? You have gone out of your way to post wild speculation, none backed up by the evidence we have so far. To us it's another example of you giving the officer all the breaks while implying the victim may have been to blame.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
This is the mantra of all too many police: hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil...about a fellow police officer.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:36 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=notmeofficer;43288468]This is all news to me and I either rmissed this entirely in the article or it wasnt in the articles I read whatsoever. I never read anything about a crossbow in her hands etc...

All I read and responded to was what I saw on the tape in the ops link and the one semilegit news organization article I read

So calm down police haters before you all blow gaskets...

If any officer lies in the stand they should be charged with perjury and fired.... After a fair trial and verdict.

Cameras COULD be seized as evidence of the crime... Routinely we don't do it... But that's not to say we couldn't if need be.

We rarely arrest for 148pc because d.a.s in California rarely will file them and every 148 arrest you make goes into the "promise" system with your name which is public record. If you're arresting people for obstructing you probably aren't effective in your job. Everyone obstructs... Especially when they are the subject of a criminal complaint... Few people cooperate anymore..everyone has an attitude and rights and knows Johnnie Cochran... Or the mayor... Or your boss... Part and parcel of dealing with peopke

Don't hide behind "this is why everyone".... Tell us specifically what your beefs are...

A d.a. reviewed this case and filed it... Why?... None of you internet lawyers know for one second what really happened...how many of you have read the police report or have seen the D a.s investigation

When I read idiots who write **** the police it should be a red flag of the Adam Henry's out there with a chip... Who wants to walk up on one of them?... Anyone?

Anyone?

Clap clap and kudos. Here we go again with the snippet info video one sided story. Being fair seems to be falling out of favor and the agenda haters are having their field day.

Walking in front of a pointed gun is one of the most dumb ass moves I've ever seen. That girl could have just as easily been killed, yet nothing happened to either. Kudos to the police officer for keeping a level head.

Anyone can print lies and anyone can print truths of what he said she said. I'm sure we will never hear the whole story. Until we do, it's just hear say.

Sorry but I'm just not sheeple material. I want to be damn sure I know what I'm talking about before I pass judgement and wrongfully crucify an innocent. Cop or not.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

Lather, rinse, repeat.
I've worked closely with various LEO agencies for over 15 years and have seen this time and time again.
Even the good ones won't step up and speak out about the bad ones.
I've seen unnecessary force and have personally been threatened not to talk about what I saw.
I've seen video evidence disappear.
I've seen stupidity and outright venting of rage.
I've been berated for not violating other people's rights in order to expedite the process.
While there are a couple I would call my friend, most of them are not worth trusting.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Folks... Not one of you has read the court transcript... Just stories written by generally uber left sites... Some stating the dog was chained... Did any of you see a chain?.. I sure didn't

The articles stated many things

Do we know definitively what WVSP dog policy was? What the trooper actually testified to?... No..we do not... Before I flame and convict

I restate fact

We saw the dog off leash
We saw the troop draw on the dog and reholster
We saw the troop use force on the female
We saw he arrested her

We THINK he used unnecessary force... We THINK it was an unlawful arrest

WE do not know

We HEARD about a crossbow... I've read no testimony of same... Just stories
We read about phones confiscated... Not one of you knows definitively why if such an act occurred... Did any of you think a confiscation might be because of the neighbor complaint.. Terrorist threat? Any connection? As I stated if you videotape an incident your phone becomes potential evidence

To me this is another CD thread where people go off half covked with lousy internet info... The mods banned this garbage for a week or so because it may let the wingnuts off meds get all worked up.

Now

Restating again
If he perjured himself he should be fired and filed upon... The case is a year ago... Again..not one of you is privy to what really has.... Or will occur

This is exactly the mentality that leads to cops getting away with practically anything and everything. You are part of the reason that lots of people hate cops. For you it is all about the brotherhood and protecting your fellow officers at all costs, innocent people be damned.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Animalcarzy: your post is very difficult to read. Impossible to see where the quote stops and your commemt begins.

But from what I gather you are calling us names and giving the officer the total benefit of the doubt based on what exactly? Again we form our opinion based on the information we have. If you have further information that would dispute our opinions I'd love to see it. If not I'll just put you down as yet another officer who cares more about his fellow cop than he cares about truth and justice.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I've worked closely with various LEO agencies for over 15 years and have seen this time and time again.
Even the good ones won't step up and speak out about the bad ones.
I've seen unnecessary force and have personally been threatened not to talk about what I saw.
I've seen video evidence disappear.
I've seen stupidity and outright venting of rage.
I've been berated for not violating other people's rights in order to expedite the process.
While there are a couple I would call my friend, most of them are not worth trusting.
Everyone please pay attention to this post, I'm really glad I brought up the subjects. I would like the officers to reply. We all know this happens. How in the world can you not see how angry it makes the public and why we do not trust you?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post

State Trooper Seth Cook claimed that he was just doing as he was trained. Cook claims that West Virginia state troopers are all trained to kill any dog that approaches them in the course of their duty. It doesn’t matter if the dog is aggressive or charging, or chained up with a wagging tail, like Buddy was on the day the incident took place.

I'm gonna call bullshiit on that one. WTF reason could they possibly have to simply kill any dog that approaches them? Sounds to me like a trigger happy moron who just wanted an excuse to shoot something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events