Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:57 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
True, but doesn't address the point I am making. The concept of an Islamic state, aka, Caliphate, is not new. They had it from day 1 for a thousand years on and off. It is this tradition that inspires ISIS. They are not making it up. No matter where or when a group of people take over a country in the name of Islam, they institute policies that are remarkably similar. Why? Because they read from the same playbook. This is what they all do.

-Create a morality police to enforce Islamic laws and harass people.
-Harass and assault women in everything from what they wear to how they look.
-Harass stores and businesses that are "un-islamic". Ban alcohol, music, movies. They do it in Raqqa, they do it in Tehran, they do it in Kabul. Coincidence? They don't even speak the same language. What do they have in common?

I can go on but you get the point. There is something in the water.
Now we can look at What nations Muslims are in and see which ones have any history of being an Islamic Nation.

At least 2/3 of the world's Muslims live in 6 nations and in 2 of those as a very small minority.

Indonesia (Which is very secular except for the Aceh Provence that is trying to secede from Indonesia and form a strict Islamic Nation)

Pakistan (While The population has several very radical groups and many follow the Punjab culture it is far from being a theocracy and the Government is pretty much under Western control)

India (While having the 3rd largest Muslim population, there are almost as many Muslim in India as are in Pakistan< they are a small minority less than 15% of the population, and live under a Hindu government)

Bangladesh ( which is very over crowded and very poverty stricken with one of it's main sources of income is to provide soldiers to the UN is basically a country still striving for independence. It is hard to classify what it's form of government is as they while being Muslim have a very strong Indian culture)

Malaysia (Is very secular)

Chins (While having the 6th largest Muslim population in the woeld the Muslims are a very small minority less than 1% and live under Chineses law)

While there are 45 Muslim Majority Nations in addition to Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Malaysia they contain anly about 25% of the world's Muslim with only Iran and Saudi claiming to be Islamic. Iran being Shi'ite is not recognized as Islamic by most of the Word's Muslims and Saudi while claiming to be Islamic is a iron fisted Monarchy under the rule of the al-Saud family.

The only group claiming to be establishing an Caliphate is ISIS and they have basically established their own concept of Islam. and their own versions of Islamic law even changing what defines a Caliph and a Caliphate. From the media it seems the majority of adherent to ISIS are new converts from the UK and Europe with no actual knowledge of Islam except for what ISIS is telling them

To understand this horrible beheading one needs to understand who and what ISIS is. The only definition is an organized criminal cartel not different from the drug cartels of South and Central America

ISIS Has Recruited as Many as 30,000 Foreigners -- NYMag

Which is quite mind boggling when one considers the total size of ISIS to be

ISIS by the numbers: How big, strong and rich the militant organization may be - World - CBC News

I suspect the cause of the apparant discrepancy is because the ISIS recruits are being killed and deserting at a very fast rate. The immediate result is ISIS is becoming more violent to maintain forced membership. Desertion among ISIS is getting to be quite rampant.

ISIS Is Running Short of Recruits

Islamic State defections increase: ISIS deserters rising as death toll mounts | Examiner.com

Desertion by Islamic State Fighters on the Rise

Desertion by Islamic State Fighters on the Rise

As the desertions increase I believe you will see much more brutality by ISIS as a desperate effort to keep control

ISIS killers publicly behead dozens of their OWN fighters for desertion - Mirror Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM

52 posts, read 57,083 times
This is the real islam. ISIS followers are just the only ones really following the real islam. "Peaceful" muslims are like the equivalent of a Christian who goes to church on sunday but hasn't opened a bible in their life. They aren't really following the religion.

If you do any real studying on islam, you will quickly find it is a very violent, and hateful religion, which articulately instructs that all who do not follow islam must be converted, and if they cannot be converted then they are to be murdered ruthlessly by gruesome means. Islam is a horrible religion.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,070,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinking about texas View Post
This is the real islam. ISIS followers are just the only ones really following the real islam. "Peaceful" muslims are like the equivalent of a Christian who goes to church on sunday but hasn't opened a bible in their life. They aren't really following the religion.

If you do any real studying on islam, you will quickly find it is a very violent, and hateful religion, which articulately instructs that all who do not follow islam must be converted, and if they cannot be converted then they are to be murdered ruthlessly by gruesome means. Islam is a horrible religion.
If ISIS actually were to represent Islam people would have given up practicing Islam centuries ago. I am Sunni and I follow the Hanafi madhab and do consider myself reasonably educated about the Ahaddith, Qur'an and the 4 Madhabs. ISIS has no resemblance to what I understand Islam to be.

One immediate violation they are making is their attempt to establish a Caliphate. Virtually all Islamic scholars agree this is an anti-Islamic act.

70,000 Muslim Clerics Issue Fatwa Condemning ISIS – Shattering the Bigoted Stereotype – The Free Thought Project

Virtually every Muslim will read the Qur'an at least once a month, many are Hafiz that have memorized the Qur'an. No person is to state that their interpretation of the Qur'an is correct, but we each individually are to question all things and question all interpretations of the Qur'an. We do this by studying the Tafsir (commentaries) of past scholars such as Ishaq, Kathir and any of many more classic Scholars along with contemporary schplars such as Maududi. all Muslims are to do their best to learn Arabic and learn to study the Qur'an in the original Qur'anic Arabic (Which differs from contemporary spoken Arabic) Many members of ISIS do not seem to read and write Arabic very well forget about having any understanding of Qur'anic Arabic.

A rather lengthy but good link about ISIS

9 questions about ISIS you were too embarrassed to ask - Vox

Over all ISIS does not seem to be following the Qur'an. some of the reasons we do not believe ISIS follows the Qur'an

3 Qur

Muslim Scholars To ISIS: You Have Misinterpreted Islam | ThinkProgress

ISIS Is Ignoring Islam's Teachings on Yazidis and Christians

You only need to read these passages from the Koran to realise that there's nothing 'Islamic' about the Islamic State | Comment | Voices | The Independent

The Condemnation of ISIS by the Qur'an and Legal Prohibition is Absolute: So Why Keep Blaming Islam? &ndash; Opinion &ndash; ABC Religion & Ethics (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Qur'an Would Condemn ISIS, not Support it*|*Damir Rafi

Old 03-12-2016, 07:03 PM

52 posts, read 57,083 times
ISIS accurately represents the Quaran and the muslim faith. Any "true" muslim follower would be an extremist if they really do what the Quaran says. This is why Islam is evil. Islam is the most violent and evil religion.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:57 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,455,931 times
Woodrow, I don't understand why you're trying so hard to convince these obstinate philistines who understand virtually nothing of the world outside of their own country. It will make no difference regardless of any coherent or logical arguments you make.

Best to just ignore these politically motivated threads started by smartasses trying to make a point; just let brainwashed ideologues bask in their own fantasies.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:39 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
It's more or less what occupying forces would do in Muslim territory to secure their hold on the local population. They're executing the people they suspect of being informants or spies, and the daily Mosque services are the perfect place and time to do a headcount to keep an eye on them.

ISIS executes 300 Iraqis in Mosul, including activists and former soldiers - ARA News

Islamic State jihadis behead three Kurds in Mosul on charges of spying for Peshmerga - ARA News

Quote:
The extremist group has used to execute anyone suspected to have relations either with the U.S.-led coalition forces, Iraqi army or the Kurdish Peshmerga forces, especially after dozens of ISIS insurgents and prominent jihadi leaders have been killed in northwestern Iraq.

Over the last two years, hundreds of people have been arrested and executed on similar charges in the ISIS-held territories in Iraq and Syria, including dozens of media activists.
It's similar to what the US military did during its occupation with the creation of the Wolf Brigade under Col. James Steele. He organized the Shia death squads to go out and kidnap, torture, and assassinate Sunnis.

Quote:
The detentions in Iraq were notorious for many reasons. Men, usually, could be detained for no particular reason. It wasn't just "insurgents" being tortured -- beaten, humiliated and harmed sexually, hung upside down, etc. -- but Iraqis who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Petraeus' Torture Teams

Old 03-13-2016, 05:46 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
Woodrow, I don't understand why you're trying so hard to convince these obstinate philistines who understand virtually nothing of the world outside of their own country. It will make no difference regardless of any coherent or logical arguments you make.
Not true. Woodrow does indeed try to make cogent arguments, however, this post is very correct.

Quote:
ISIS accurately represents the Quaran and the muslim faith. Any "true" muslim follower would be an extremist if they really do what the Quaran says. This is why Islam is evil. Islam is the most violent and evil religion.
In the Islam forum, one poster actually showed that ISIS follows more verses of the Quaran than the other sects ... which makes it a 'more pure' version of Islam.

Quote:
Best to just ignore these politically motivated threads started by smartasses trying to make a point; just let brainwashed ideologues bask in their own fantasies.
Again, not true. The questions being asked are relevant and current. Just because YOU do not agree with a poster, does not make that poster a smartass. Could it be that YOU are so deep in dogma that you are unable/unwilling to see the accuracy of a criticism of YOUR religion? Of course it is, especially considering that you believe EVERY word in the Quaran is the word of Allah. For example, you cannot grasp the concept that there are times that Mary (mother of Jesus) is confused with Miriam (sister of Moses and Aaron). So when you talk about "brainwashed", methinks you ought to avoid mirrors whenever possible. One last thing, as an infidel, I really see two different Islams ... pre-Medina and post-Medina. I'm kinda sure you don't see that. O well.

El Nox

Old 03-13-2016, 06:28 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,455,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Again, not true. The questions being asked are relevant and current. Just because YOU do not agree with a poster, does not make that poster a smartass. Could it be that YOU are so deep in dogma that you are unable/unwilling to see the accuracy of a criticism of YOUR religion? Of course it is, especially considering that you believe EVERY word in the Quaran is the word of Allah. For example, you cannot grasp the concept that there are times that Mary (mother of Jesus) is confused with Miriam (sister of Moses and Aaron). So when you talk about "brainwashed", methinks you ought to avoid mirrors whenever possible. One last thing, as an infidel, I really see two different Islams ... pre-Medina and post-Medina. I'm kinda sure you don't see that. O well.

First of all, where on Earth did you get the idea that I am a Muslim? I am not religious, and in fact I have very little interest in current issues concerning Islam (or Christianity or any other Cult, for that matter).

Secondly, the original poster is quite clearly a smartass. This is not because I disagree with him, but because if you actually look at the original post, it is some snarky sarcastic comment reflecting a one-sided ideology which is aimed at people who think differently than he does.

And finally, your numerous incorrect assumptions about me simply seem to confirm your own closed-mindedness and naivete.

Last edited by Shalop; 03-13-2016 at 07:20 PM..

Old 03-13-2016, 08:46 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
First of all, where on Earth did you get the idea that I am a Muslim? I am not religious, and in fact I have very little interest in current issues concerning Islam (or Christianity or any other Cult, for that matter).

Secondly, the original poster is quite clearly a smartass. This is not because I disagree with him, but because if you actually look at the original post, it is some snarky sarcastic comment reflecting a one-sided ideology which is aimed at people who think differently than he does.

And finally, your numerous incorrect assumptions about me simply seem to confirm your own closed-mindedness and naivete.
Yes ... I did make an ASSumption. My bad BIGTIME. In my defense I must reject your "simply seem to confirm your own closed-mindedness and naivete". Yes I have strong opinions but am always willing to be educated. Case in point ... this post. You have educated me about my error. Naivete? A bit much, and I certainly don't agree ... but since I put on track shoes to stand on myself ... I guess I have to swallow that lump knowing it is wrong.

Have a nice evening.

El Nox

Old 03-13-2016, 09:42 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Go to any major Islamic university in the middle east and ask to take a course in "Radical Islam". You will be told that there is no such thing as "radical" Islam. There is only Islam. What you see practiced in Raqqa, Tehran and Ryadh is it. The so called radical Islam is a western invention for the sole purpose of whitewashing Islam. In fact, they will quickly point out that radical Islam is in reality an American Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events