Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Maybe they can find the guy who did it and tie his azz to a shovel and let the tide come in. Let him sit there and ponder the meaning of life.
I'm just going to go with this, because it's the only thing that comes close to what I want to say...but CD will not allow me to say what I really want to say about scum like this.

And I'll just stop there....despite how difficult that is.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 05:15 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
And I'm expected to value human life, including this POS, over animal life simply because the person who did this is technically "Human".

Uh huh. NOPE ! Yet another reason I prefer animals to people.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:39 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Scary to contemplate, but if I knew a person who did this, I would find myself in a moral quandary of " do I quietly and painlessly take matters into my own hands, or report it and let them give him a slap on the wrist until he kills ten women?"

Makes you think of the tv show Dexter.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Human beings are often some of the most vile creatures on the planet.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:20 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Too bad there isn't a special place in jail.
There is, here, in kentucky, at least Louisville, there would be jailtime fir whomever did it. Might be tge same for Indiana, too. I've owned dogs, currently own two cats, as sad as this is, dig and cat population outnumber ours ever so much, things like this don't even make a dent in the long run. It's sad, but it isn't tragic.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:25 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I don't think whoever did this was indifferent. I think he did it because he enjoyed the suffering. Probably watched the whole thing.

The other two instances you mentioned made my blood run cold as well. That IS extreme indifference. Where do you come from?
while i've never heard of anyone putting their pet in the trash, the kitten drowning isn't new. i first heard of that a long time ago. i was in elementary school. people didn't routinely spay or neuter pets then. there were quite a few unwanted kittens and puppies.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:22 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Very sad. Seems most everyone/anyone can have a dog. And yet more than a few of these people don't even deserve to be in the presence of them.
I find this true too and the worst part is it makes it harder on the people who would be decent to the dogs so it not only affects the dogs. I mean it's people like that who are to blame why rescue organizations are so strict rejecting good people. Thankfully I have my dogs but I do understand that some people are still struggling to find their furry friend at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
And I'm expected to value human life, including this POS, over animal life simply because the person who did this is technically "Human".

Uh huh. NOPE ! Yet another reason I prefer animals to people.

Same here..I still admire some people but many people in this world could be done without. I will never understand why either. We are from the same kingdom and they are sentient beings as us yet people treat them as less.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:06 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,963,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The fact that it had a collar and I think tags makes me wonder if the person(s) who did this were not the owners of the dog. You would think the owner would have removed anything identifying him from authorities.
Yes, the news video said the collar had a dog license tag:

And I agree with your assessment. I have a hard time believing that someone law abiding and conscientious enough to bother registering their dog with town hall, and paying for an animal license, would do something like this. If such a person wanted to get rid of their dog, they would take it to a shelter. Or, if they are, in fact, still the kind of a-hole that wanted to get rid of their dog by illegal means, they would have, like you pointed out, removed the dog tag and let it loose in the street. Or, if they really wanted to kill the dog, they could have thrown it in the harbor, without all the theatrics.

The way that this dog was disposed of seems like it was deliberately posed to draw attention, and to cause maximum shock and pain (shovel sticking up in the sand as a marker and a signal to come look). Why would the owner do this, to draw attention to the crime, and to themselves? My theory is that it's some unhinged person who had a beef (real or imagined) with the dog owner, or just some local serial-killer-in-training psychopath who did it for kicks.

In any case, the dog license means that the owner's name & address is on file with the health department. Maybe there are some witnesses or security cam footage somewhere.

This is why I would never leave my dog unsupervised outside for any length of time. I know more than one person who has had their dog snatched right out of their fenced yard...and in posh neighborhoods too.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I can't even watch those dog cruelty commercials that raise money.
I couldn't agree more........along with looking through Facebook, there should be a warning not all of us are capable of just walking away with an "Oh well it happens all the time attitude." Sometimes I am so mad I want to look for the person responsible!

I just can't bring myself to look at the link, may the person who did this get their karma 10 times fold. Why are so many people abusing animals, this says a lot about society and the people we share the planet with.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
while i've never heard of anyone putting their pet in the trash, the kitten drowning isn't new. i first heard of that a long time ago. i was in elementary school. people didn't routinely spay or neuter pets then. there were quite a few unwanted kittens and puppies.
Too bad people don't think about humanely putting these animals to sleep, why be so f'n cruel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events