Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 07:55 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,902,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
PS give me the name of one plant that hires mostly illegals who stand around working in urine and feces while they process chicken and i'll report the company myself.
Don't worry or hold your breath waiting. The vast majority of these plants E-verify as they contract with the government in some manner along the food chain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 09:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You failed to underline the part where I blamed the politicians and the business owners paying them off.

Frankly, if I have to explain that the corporations are paying off politicians so that they can undercut and underpay both domestic workers (also mentioned) and the illegals which is the point of the thread....then you are having issues with the topic at hand.

I clearly noted the politicians and the corporations involvement as well, you have a habit of zeroing in on one snipet and attacking.

Balls? No, I'm just noting the forum and avoiding getting infracted for honestly assessing your abilities to participate in these sorts of discussions. I don't want to make you upset or cause a bout of hysteria or nerves.
Bye bye Mathguy. :waves:

Old 05-17-2016, 10:56 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
With federal laws against the hiring of illegals https://www.google.ca/#q=laws+agains...gal+immigrants i cant believe large poultry processing plants who employ 300-500 people and process a million chickens a week would risk being shut down by hiring huge numbers of illegal immigrants, sure maybe a few get fake id and slip through but the majority of workers are Americans who are thankful to have these jobs.
Poultry and Poultry Products, Wholesale Industry Wages, Hourly Wage Rate | PayScale

PS give me the name of one plant that hires mostly illegals who stand around working in urine and feces while they process chicken and i'll report the company myself.
While laws might be somewhat slack in enforcement they arent non existant and for a large poultry processing plant i cant believe they would take the chance of getting caught.
Report em=
https://www.google.ca/#q=report+empl...gal+immigrants
LOL. Naive you are. Have you ever been to a tyson processing plant? Did you read the links you provided?

"The administration's near discontinuation of worksite enforcement means that employers now face very little risk in hiring illegal workers and have little incentive to abide by the law," wrote Jessica Vaughan, policy director for the Center for Immigration Studies"

While dont believethe conditions are unsanitary or that employees are standing around in human excrement I know the employees are predominately illegal, at least in my neck of the woods. I can give you an address. Who are you going to call, ICE. Now thats funny.

I also know that in the particular factory in my town newly illegals relieve themselves on the floor of the restrooms. Yep, dump right in the middle of the floor. It was an issue.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Almost all Americas chickens are raised on huge farms then sent to any number of large Factory processing plants.I find it absurd to believe these huge enterprises are all staffed with illegal undocumented workers all standing around in puddles of urine and pants full of feces while they work..
One has to admit the visual is pretty atrocious.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:06 PM

15 posts, read 17,005 times
There is NO humor here. Protective laws for worker abuse is Not A Joke.
Indonesia, China, Thailand, and Vietnam sweat shops are worse than our food factories. But not by much.
If you've ever been in hospital after surgery needing bathroom assistance (I have), or had one of these on your feet/ production jobs (I have ), then you will have compassion for these workers.
By the way, those adult diapers are expensive.
I don't touch chicken, haven't for about nine years, since a surgeon taught me what goes on in poultry production.

Last edited by t ohanaspirit; 05-17-2016 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: length

Old 05-17-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t ohanaspirit View Post
I am really saddened, but not surprised, at the smart aleck sarcastics who think there is humor in this situation.
Everyone wants to be an armchair Seinfeld.
I dont feel that this is the place for that kind of humor.
If you've ever been in hospital with bedpan (I have), trouble getting to toilet after surgery (I have), or had one of these on your feet/ production jobs (I have ), then you will have compassion for some poor lady or man who wears a diaper to work.
What a loss of self esteem for these workers. How humiliating.
Fortunately I don't touch chicken, since a surgeon taught me what goes on in poultry production. I refuse to support that vile industry and there are many other sources of protein.
Please do not joke about their misfortune.
Their misfortune?
The law allows for two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. This is pretty much standard in a factory setting. There are plenty of occupations where an employee can not just go to the bathroom anytime or as many times as they want. It is not a misfortune, it is a choice.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:01 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,330,002 times
Quote:

While laws might be somewhat slack in enforcement they arent non existant and for a large poultry processing plant i cant believe they would take the chance of getting caught.
Report em=
https://www.google.ca/#q=report+empl...gal+immigrants

The further one reads within the development of this thread, the stronger the hype and oversimplification becomes. Regrettably, this is standard procedure for those with a strong cause and a limited set of facts.

(I have a relative who served as a USDA inspector in a North Carolina poultry plant, BTW -- not that it matters to those whose minds are already closed.)

Old 05-17-2016, 08:21 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
While dont believethe conditions are unsanitary or that employees are standing around in human excrement I know the employees are predominately illegal, at least in my neck of the woods. I can give you an address. Who are you going to call, ICE. Now thats funny.

I also know that in the particular factory in my town newly illegals relieve themselves on the floor of the restrooms. Yep, dump right in the middle of the floor. It was an issue.
If this is happening in your town the onus is on you to file the complaints to the appropriate authorities , illegal employees and unsanitary conditions are complaints worth reporting.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity
Give em a call,what have you got to lose.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:58 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
If this is happening in your town the onus is on you to file the complaints to the appropriate authorities , illegal employees and unsanitary conditions are complaints worth reporting.
Knowing and proving are two different animals altogether.

Unless you are actually working inside the plant I can't imagine anyone taking what would essentially be heresay seriously.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
There has already been a lawsuit. The factory still employees illegals. They just make sure they don't discriminate against other races in hiring practices.
Do you know law enforcement do not have immigration authority and cant even legally check the status of someone they suspect of being in this country illegally. Do you think ICE investigates individual citizen complaints.

Last edited by 2mares; 05-18-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events