U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 04:28 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,225,663 times

Advertisements

This is another reason the US really needs to come down hard against illegal immigration. I'd bet $100 that most of these employees were illegals who knew they couldn't complain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 06:13 PM

27,993 posts, read 19,657,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
This is another reason the US really needs to come down hard against illegal immigration. I'd bet $100 that most of these employees were illegals who knew they couldn't complain.
Why is it the fault of illegal immigrants instead of the corporations themselves?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,199,006 times
It's the fault of both parties

Illegals who have no legal right to be here

Corp. Murica that doesn't care about anyone.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post

They may have no legal right to be here but they are still human beings for ****s sake.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM

11,921 posts, read 6,567,285 times
As has been said several times already, many low level employees in other lines of work are in a similar situation. Cashiers, even at higher end employers like Costco, are essentially chained to their registers and expected to hold it until their scheduled breaks.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:19 PM

11,383 posts, read 6,794,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post

and bureaucrats who know who's "big enough to watch" and who's "small enough to get caught / fail".

It's a disturbing picture of the underside of any industrialized economy/society and no politician is going to be able to do much about it. "Big Poultry" might be a convenient target and scapegoat, but as pointed out before, the real offenders here are usually subcontractors, and the workers are employed in sectors of the economy that are among the hardest to police. Most, if not all of the necessary legislation is already on the books, but another layer of bureaucracy isn't likely to "protect" anyone; it will, however, keep politicians, lobbyists, lawyers, and regulators "busy", at everyone else's expense. Greater vigilance via the media is probably the most effective approach, but as with illegal immigration itself, no strategy is likely to work all that well, particularly when the overall cost is figured in.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-15-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 07:21 PM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
They may have no legal right to be here but they are still human beings for ****s sake.
They came here voluntarily. oh booohooooo. Join the Peace Corp.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They came here voluntarily. oh booohooooo. Join the Peace Corp.

So that means others have the right to mistreat them?

What a ****ed up way of looking at the world!

Old 05-15-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I care more than you know but I am objective and they have no business being here-Teckeeee
Teckeeee, reputation isn't for comments like these. I will answer you on the thread where it belongs. I am objective too. These people have just as many rights as I do not to be treated like ****.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:02 PM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
So that means others have the right to mistreat them?

What a ****ed up way of looking at the world!
I'm guessing you could give a rat's *** about the tax payers that end up footing the bill for everything else they use. I'm not mistreating anyone but I'm being FORCED to educate their kids, treat them in ER rooms, drive on the same roads and they have no insurance. Pathetic. They pay zero income tax unless they've stolen an ID on top of being here illegally. That's voluntary double jeopardy.

I'm a responsible AMERICAN. I've done my part. Take up your beef with the losers that hire them and smuggle them here. I'm trying to look out for my fellow Americans being FORCED to pay for squatters in the room we didn't invite.

I see your view as being narrow and basically F'd beyond compare. My money I earned and I'm tired of every bleeding heart stealing it to throw at people that aren't even supposed to be here.

We'd be a 3rd World crap hole too if everyone thought as you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events