U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 09:28 PM

10,077 posts, read 14,028,344 times

Advertisements

I think Trump and Putin will get along just fine because there is mutual respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 03:33 AM

599 posts, read 309,710 times
We continue to interfere in Russia's sphere of influence they may just one day reach breaking
point. I consider myself a strong supporter of NATO though we need to push for major reform and initiate diplomatic talks between NATO and the Russian Federation.

Yes Russia flies TU-95's near Alaska and sometimes crosses into our airspace though in the end they do it just to test our responses and to mess with us and I for one can't blame them since we have various U.S. military bases scattered all throughout Europe and the Asia when Russia's closest military base to the U.S. is where? Syria? I don't know of any outside of the East! We push for NATO enlargement and that only pisses them off why because they feel like they are being squeezed into a corner and if they were the U.S. we wouldn't stand for it and I'm surprised they have shown such restraint over the years with the likes of such a pitiful foreign policy under the Obama Administration.

Like him or not Trump's foreign policy is one that will lead to diplomacy and cooperation with our fellow adversaries. Hillary Clinton's foreign policy is to continue on the path started by the Bush Administration which is destabilization of the Middle East. She wants to increase support and funding to the Free Syrian Army a militant group who at one time in 2012 might have been filled with good people thoug now in 2016 we don't know who the heck we are dealings with and we shouldn't be providing weaponry to them. Clinton's foreign policy is very anti Russian and for one that concerns me as I said above Russia will eventually reach breaking point and it wouldn't surprise me if she were have us in another conflict during her increasingly likely presidency,

Old 05-15-2016, 04:39 AM

5,957 posts, read 2,897,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Does this look like an ox driven cart to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWUWolcWJaA

Does Sukhoi or MIG make them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wKqEv67nw0

I think it would be good not to underestimate those one wheeled ox carts.
You're really leaning on a video proclaiming a 4th gen fighter that is an upgrade of an SU-27 (which entered service in 1985) to be the best fighter in the world? When wars are fought with fancy airshow demonstrations we'll be sure to recognize the SU-35 as the best, until then it gets dropped out of the sky by an F-22 without even knowing what hit it.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:53 PM

5,758 posts, read 2,323,392 times
Quote:
Ignorance, is that what they call arguing with facts in Russia?
Nope. It's not bothering to learn about the whole story and in general not knowing diddly to begin with.

Quote:
until then it gets dropped out of the sky by an F-22 without even knowing what hit it.
If the equipment performs as advertised. I'd like to see just how well a $150 million (unit cost) performs in a real war. Hell, that thing needs 7 hours of maintenance for every hour of flight time and if it rains it needs a new paint job.

It may look good in the media and the news but I suspect that it may not be as effective in the battlespace as you might. I always heard the M1 Abrams was the best tank in the world. Guess what? I've been watching Yemeni goat herders lighting those suckers up all over the place with 1980 era Kornet ATGMs. Not exactly what was expected in a real fight.

I think we greatly underestimate what Russia is capable of. She hasn't even gotten serious yet. Just think what would happen if Russia started supplying weapons to certain militant groups in the ME. In Afghanistan maybe? Like tio see the body count coming out of there if they ever did.

Its their civility in the face of senseless and mounting provocation that has prevailed so far. It may change.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:03 AM

3,842 posts, read 1,982,406 times
Russia? What's this concern about Russia?

North Korea scares me more than the Russians. So does Iran. It isn't the Russians who are threatening to blow people off the face of the map when they develop weaponry powerful enough to do it.

Smokescreen?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,561,283 times
Why everyone is this forum is scared of everything?? Russia,China, Outsourcing, cheap laborers and now even North Korea??

Old 05-16-2016, 12:45 PM

8,048 posts, read 7,309,402 times
Not worried about North Korea. They were worried about the 305,000 troops from US and S. Korea conducting a joint premptive invasion exercise, and should be.

"The exercises will include a staged 'pre-emptive strike' on North Korea"

US and South Korea will rehearse invading North Korea as a

Old 05-16-2016, 02:53 PM

10,077 posts, read 14,028,344 times
Other than Iran, China is my only other concern and they respect/fear Trump.

I am no more concerned now about NK than I was after watching The Interview. A knat that needs swatting occasionally.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Not worried about North Korea. They were worried about the 305,000 troops from US and S. Korea conducting a joint premptive invasion exercise, and should be.

"The exercises will include a staged 'pre-emptive strike' on North Korea"

US and South Korea will rehearse invading North Korea as a
All it takes is one trigger happy moron to turn it into something real. China keeps upwards of 300,000 troops just north of the Yalu river. Somebody gets stupid it could get big.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:20 PM

Stephen Cohen.

Slouching Toward War With Russia | The Nation

He makes a great point. Putin is NOT all powerful in Russia. He rules at the sufferance of other powerful people and that can be hazardous. If he screws up there's not going to be a vote of no confidence or an impeachment attempt. If he's percieved as incompetent or incapable of doing what's necessary he will be removed.

I wonder who would replace him. He is one of the greatest statesmen in the world today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events