U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 09:26 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,145,649 times

Advertisements

There are far more ignorant people in the world than otherwise and the number increases each year.

Anyone who makes a statement purported as fact can expect a contradiction within minutes if not sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 10:35 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,175,271 times
For those who wonder how a woman can be preggo and not know it, I know a woman who (when she was a younger teen) delivered a baby girl full term and didn't know.
She was obese and I guess she just thought she was getting fatter? I don't know if her periods were screwed up to begin with, but she didn't find out she was pregnant until she went to the emergency ward with labor pains (she didn't know that's what was causing her so much pain) Duh! it happens

Old 05-15-2016, 11:15 AM

9,219 posts, read 8,310,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Well what do you expect from a society that programs woman and men to think that a conceived child is just a blob.?
Quote:
Back in the day mothers would flush new born kittens down the toilet to get rid of them...If you did that today you would be surrounded by a swat team in seconds and taken of to jail to serve out a life term....BUT today....young woman are taught that a fetus is just a glob of cells and not a real or even a potential person....so it is not much of a stretch for this young mother to look at what she did as a full term abortion. So whats the big deal? The mother is a pin head and so are the mentors that convinced her early on that human life is worthless.
Everyone ignored you the first time.

And we did it again.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:32 PM

4,709 posts, read 2,549,517 times
Quote:
Back in the day mothers would flush new born kittens down the toilet to get rid of them...
Back in what day? I have never heard of such a thing, ever. And do you mean cat mothers who have been taught to somehow put their paw on toilet levers or human women? Such a ridiculous comment.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:07 PM

18,279 posts, read 10,380,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Back in what day? I have never heard of such a thing, ever. And do you mean cat mothers who have been taught to somehow put their paw on toilet levers or human women? Such a ridiculous comment.
Back in the day that might have been a common practice, flush toilets weren't.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:13 PM

23,425 posts, read 28,280,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
First of all, stillborns may not get a funeral or anything but they also don't just tossed or in the trash or flushed down a toilet, with no one even knowing about their birth. Especially a birth that occurred in a hospital.

Second, I never mentioned anything about religion; burials, cremations, and ceremonies don't have to be religious. I actually have a friend whose family is atheist and cremated their loved one, but is having a remembrance ceremony today for family and friends. No religion involved, and the person is still given a respectable ceremony. In our culture, you don't just throw a dead body away or flush it down a toilet without telling anyone, even if it's a full term baby. Her actions suggest she was trying to hide what happened. She attempted to flush a baby she thought was dead, and when it didn't work she put the baby inside a pillowcase and threw him or her in the garbage. Then she left the hospital without telling anyone what had happened. She left a baby in the trash. A baby who was actually alive and found by nurses. Let's get this straight - the baby is not actually dead. She or he was not stillborn. And even if she or he was, what kind of mother who delivers in a hospital thinks throwing away a potentially dead baby is a good idea?

Not only did she throw the baby away, but the mother also cleaned the bathroom, likely to hide the fact that a birth took place. So she has the thought to clean up, but not report the fact that she had given birth to a baby? In a hospital? What about getting a post-birth exam? Even if the baby really was dead and her story is true, who wouldn't want to get looked at afterwards? She was hiding what she had done, it's quite obvious. Read this article, it gives much more info than the one the OP linked. Police: Woman left baby in university hospital trash

Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances but until those come out, I will not excuse her, nor do I believe her story.
The link you give does not reveal the gestational age of the baby, but I do not think anyone would even try to flush a full term newborn. I can envision her actually delivering into a toilet, though. That makes me wonder if the baby is significantly premature.

I agree that she obviously tried to cover up what she did. There is no excuse for her actions unless she is severely mentally challenged.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:44 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,514,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The link you give does not reveal the gestational age of the baby, but I do not think anyone would even try to flush a full term newborn. I can envision her actually delivering into a toilet, though. That makes me wonder if the baby is significantly premature.

I agree that she obviously tried to cover up what she did. There is no excuse for her actions unless she is severely mentally challenged.
The baby survived so was definitely viable. Perhaps low birth weight due to lack of prenatal care?

Even if she is mentally challenged, it's sad that she has no one to look out for her and ensure she's getting proper medical care. No one to even notice she may be pregnant. In that case, IMO blame would fall on the, if any at all, adults or guardians in her life.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:52 PM

11,269 posts, read 8,436,427 times
She should have just killed it a few days earlier before it was actually a baby and she'd be golden! As it is, we all hate her. I'm just glad it wasn't a puppy!

Old 05-15-2016, 08:56 PM

1,504 posts, read 631,836 times
Back in the old days family and extended family assisted a family member having a baby...it was a joy to add another person to the clan. Now the modernists consider having a child a curse. Woman should NOT be persecuted for having a child....no matter what the circumstances.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:02 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,853,621 times
Pretty horrific story.

Almost as horrific as the usual "pro choice" advocates in here making excuses for such a heartless and barbaric act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or