U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:38 AM

11,904 posts, read 9,637,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluffen View Post
Ignorance plus fear can make people do some really irrational things. Hence why there are so many hit and runs and "crimes of passion", pretty much temporary insanity. If you didn't realize you were pregnant, and it can happen with some people who have hormonal imbalances (irregular periods), then suddenly you give birth, its not too far out of the realm of possibility to panic.
Sure; it just sucks that there's an innocent human involved who will grow up knowing his or her mother threw him or her in the trash alive after he or she was born after she attempted to flush him or her down a toilet.

She's only being charged with child endangerment, I wonder if she'll ever get the kid back. Funny how if the baby died and it was proven was alive after birth, she'd likely be charged with murder. I wonder why no attempted murder here. Sure, we have her story, "I thought the baby was dead!" but we all know she very well could be lying as it's certainly not the first time we have heard this type of story in this type of scenario. There's really no way to prove whether or not she was lying when she claimed she thought the baby was dead. What we do know is that the baby wasn't actually dead. Hard to believe she saw no movement or signs of life from a newborn but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:42 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,482,728 times
Unhappy  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415
The birth happened IN a hospital. She was already there. She could have carried the baby out of the bathroom, actually dead or not or thinking it was dead or not, handed him or her off to a staff member and walked out. She chose the trash instead, after she tried the toilet. She's scum.
Yes Girl..... I cried when i read your reply..... I cant stop thinking about what she did..... Poor baby

Old 05-18-2016, 03:00 PM

7,201 posts, read 11,343,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Back in the old days family and extended family assisted a family member having a baby...it was a joy to add another person to the clan. Now the modernists consider having a child a curse. Woman should NOT be persecuted for having a child....no matter what the circumstances.
Not necessarily. You've been reading anti-choice literature. Only the wealthy would find joy in such a happening. The poor and struggling didn't jump for joy when another mouth came into the home that had to be fed. After the 1st or 2nd child they dreaded getting pregnant. And with the number of mothers who died from birth complications some women chose spinsterhood. Also, they had their abortions in those days. Abortion goes way back into History.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:47 PM

4,598 posts, read 3,754,936 times
The nut job will probably get some community service and a light fine for trying to flush a newborn down a toilet. It's sad that a DUI has a worse punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or