Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 11:45 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
Now I am not an expert on pregnancy but I have heard quite a few of these stories where the woman says she didn't know she was pregnant. How could a woman not know? I thought she wouldn't have a period if she were pregnant?
The closest experience I've had is when I found out I was 5 months pregnant when I started to show. I didn't have periods because I was still breastfeeding my last baby.

Some women who give birth to full term or preemie babies without ever knowing they were pregnant may have been overweight already so the baby bump wasn't apparent. Or the baby was very small and/or the baby was carried more internally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:57 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
Back in the day mothers would flush new born kittens down the toilet to get rid of them...If you did that today you would be surrounded by a swat team in seconds and taken of to jail to serve out a life term....BUT today....young woman are taught that a fetus is just a glob of cells and not a real or even a potential person....so it is not much of a stretch for this young mother to look at what she did as a full term abortion. So whats the big deal? The mother is a pin head and so are the mentors that convinced her early on that human life is worthless.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's not as easy as it used to be. In case you haven't heard, Planned Parenthood is under siege, both physically, from opponents of abortion, and economically, from ignorant members of Congress who don't seem to be aware that the main work the organization does is in health services and contraceptive education and dispensing. Some clinics have been forced to close, so not everyone has access to that free stuff anymore.
Referrals to medical clinics isn't "health services."

Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Back in the day mothers would flush new born kittens down the toilet to get rid of them...If you did that today you would be surrounded by a swat team in seconds and taken of to jail to serve out a life term....BUT today....young woman are taught that a fetus is just a glob of cells and not a real or even a potential person....so it is not much of a stretch for this young mother to look at what she did as a full term abortion. So whats the big deal? The mother is a pin head and so are the mentors that convinced her early on that human life is worthless.

Really? Can you prove that? Can you site even one case where someone was sentenced to life in prison for killing an animal?

Waiting............

BTW, if the infant wasn't crying, why wouldn't she think it was dead? She was a terrified young girl, not a trained medical professional with a stethoscope hanging around her neck.

Quote:
"...........so are the mentors that convinced her early on that human life is worthless."

Again, she thought it was dead, so how can you assume something like this and judge not only her, but the people who raised her?

If it was up to me, she would get counseling and wouldn't spend even one day in jail.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:10 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
So it's OK to flush that baby after physically killing it and tearing it from the womb, but it's considered a horrific act to deliver it, think it's dead and then flush it?

Old 05-14-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post

Obviously, you don't even know what health services Planned Parenthood provides.

I would call breast exams a health service, I would call STD screening and treatment a health service, I would call dispensing prescription birth control a health service, I would call a pap test a health service.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
So it's OK to flush that baby after physically killing it and tearing it from the womb, but it's considered a horrific act to deliver it, think it's dead and then flush it?

Apples/oranges.

In this case an abortion would not have been a legal option.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:34 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Planned Parenthood provides some health care services in its own clinics.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:37 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's not a baby in the first month or two. In the first month, the procedure isn't even termed an "abortion", it's a "menstrual extraction". They're removing a zygote from the womb.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:14 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BTW, if the infant wasn't crying, why wouldn't she think it was dead? She was a terrified young girl, not a trained medical professional with a stethoscope hanging around her neck.

Again, she thought it was dead, so how can you assume something like this and judge not only her, but the people who raised her?

If it was up to me, she would get counseling and wouldn't spend even one day in jail.
She CLAIMS she thought the baby was dead. Even if she's telling the truth, who would think disposing of a newborn in the trash or down a toilet is a good way to deal with a dead body? We bury the dead or cremate them. We have ceremonies, even the smallest ones, and tell loved ones about those who have died. We don't say, "oh she's dead okay time to throw her in the trash and pretend none of this even happened" or try to dispose of her slyly in some other way. Come on.

She was trying to hide the baby and thus the pregnancy. She wanted to pretend it never happened. Unfortunately this is frequently the case in situations like this. And it wouldn't be the first time a young mother claimed the baby she hid for the whole pregnancy was "dead" at birth after she tried to dispose of it, and was proven wrong or otherwise proven to have lied.

Oh, not to mention, this all happened in a HOSPITAL. Medical professionals who can try to get a baby breathing with special equipment and everything are everywhere. I don't buy her BS story. She's cold-hearted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events