Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 04:54 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
We are in an era of endless content creation.

It was "news" where I live, but I live close.
We are in an era of too much information.

Why is this news anywhere?

Little kids throw up, parents have been dealing with it for decades.

Many today seem to think every time they have a BM, it needs to be posted online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 08:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
We are in an era of too much information.

Why is this news anywhere?

Little kids throw up, parents have been dealing with it for decades.

Many today seem to think every time they have a BM, it needs to be posted online.
There has always been space for light hearted features in the news. But now we have a lot more publications and we aren't limited to space on the page. More opportunities for frivolous stories.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There has always been space for light hearted features in the news. But now we have a lot more publications and we aren't limited to space on the page. More opportunities for frivolous stories.
I could write a book on the most gross experiences in my life..Course as a parent and HC provider..me thinks you get my drift...One has to have a sense of humour for sure..because IF you don't you will tend to believe something fantastical IF you believe you can avoid..the unavoidable....

Tid bit~~ Carrying bedpan full of SH$ to dumpster/toilet...held it behind me as do/did have a notorious gag reflex ( can't help it) and soon learned to cover bedpan with cover!! as well..as those behind me seemed to also be affected

But will say..I could be covered in all sorts of smelly things..as Long as I couldn't smell it, no probs LOL Ohh wait..only time was when I was pregnant..then my usual went OUT THE WINDOW!! Gotta have a sense of humour..

Old 05-25-2016, 09:09 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,663,169 times
Haha this is funny....

I've been on the wrong end of those cleanups many times. The most recent was for my wife's best friend's 11 year old son last summer. We were all on vacation sharing a condo as we usually do, and he had eaten some bad seafood apparently. The husband walked down the street to get some cleaner as the kid had already puked once earlier that morning. My wife was still in the bed asleep and I was up drinking coffee.

I saw her son wake up, go running through the condo to their bathroom and a few seconds later what sounded like misery from both ends. His mom asked him what was wrong, and then she started gagging and dry heaving. Poor kid was sitting on the toilet and puking all over the floor. He couldn't move. She's normally pretty tough but it was wretched and she couldn't handle it either and began crying. I calmly walked into the kitchen and grabbed two paper plates and began scooping up the mess off the bathroom floor. As soon as we got him squared away, I ended up holding her hair for her until her husband got back while she "overcame" the earlier events. He had stopped to grab breakfast at a diner across the street instead of going to the store first so he missed the entire thing.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:03 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
I can't believe what a big sniveling baby the "dad" is....wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events