U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 08:27 AM

172 posts, read 135,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
No, most parents owe the parent who deals with a particularly bad misplaced body fluid. And the non-dealing parent usually realises how lucky they are, too.
What? When the kids are on my watch I just take care of whatever happens and then tell him about it later. Sometimes it's routine and sometimes it involves massive amounts of vomit or poop. Yes, he may realize how lucky he was that I had to deal with the bodily fluids but my DH doesn't owe me anything for being a parent and I would laugh in his face if he told me I owed him for the same situation. I would absolutely feel sympathy for what he had to go through but I "owe" him? No.

And having been through more puking and pooping episodes than I'd care to admit, I have no clue how he managed to text multiple long and coherent texts to his wife while it was going on. Makes me think this was staged or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 08:35 AM

15,668 posts, read 8,769,434 times
Eh, even if it was staged, it's pretty darn funny!

Old 05-18-2016, 09:41 AM

3,698 posts, read 2,845,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eh, even if it was staged, it's pretty darn funny!
This crossed my mind as well. One would think his hands would be too full to make all those rapid fire, seemingly scripted, texts without responses of any kind from his wife.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:54 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,401,335 times
This was the fakest story I ever read. The cops just don't randomly show up right away and pass out breathalyzers. He would have left the ladies front yard right away if she was yelling at him and accusing him of being drunk.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:54 AM

1,417 posts, read 810,529 times
OP, thank you SO much for posting this! It really made me laugh at my desk

Old 05-18-2016, 12:00 PM

20,660 posts, read 15,452,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Years ago, I was on my way home from work to meet my boyfriend for a date when I became violently ill and projectile vomited a breakfast of strawberry pancakes all over the inside of my car. It was everywhere: the dashboard, the seat, and me. I pulled in the driveway, staggered into the house, pulling off pink-vomit soaked clothing and yelling for my mom to help me. An hour later, I got out of the bath, the vomiting episode thankfully behind me, and went out into the driveway to clean up the car. As I exited the house, I was stunned and eternally grateful to see my now husband stooped over the driver's seat and scrubbing away while wearing an apron, elbow-length kitchen gloves, and a face mask. I'm pretty sure I fell completely, totally, irretrievably in love with him in that moment.
That's a keeper right there.

As for the story, I think it's staged, as well. I didn't think of his hands being too full, I was thinking: What cop is going to let him stand there texting during questioning after responding to a call of a possible drunk driver with kids, and then just before and after a breathalyzer? No, it doesn't happen like that.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:13 PM

8,654 posts, read 4,794,197 times
I could totally see this happening to my husband. One of our kids we used to refer to as the Body Fluid Performance Artist because he would projectile vomit every time he cried. And he was colicky for the first 8 months or so, thus you can imagine just how often we cleaned up puke. My poor husband would vomit every single time he did. So many outfits we threw away because we couldn't stomach even putting them in our washing machine. I even recall throwing out his car seat and buying a new one.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:33 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,437,870 times
City data should have a viral video discussion sub forum

Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM

714 posts, read 607,191 times
My sister in law's daughter vomited in the back seat while my sister in law was driving. So she turns around to clean her baby up and crashes into a telephone pole. Everyone was OK, she wasn't going fast. Her driving never improved even after 40 more yrs.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:41 PM

8,510 posts, read 11,401,820 times
Done that - no big deal. Dog poo still smells the worst. I don't care what anyone says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events