U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,855,292 times

Advertisements

The dad admitted on FB after the fact that the police were never called and that the whole part of the story involving them was made up and added for entertainment value. He actually called the police department and apologized after the story made CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 PM

8,109 posts, read 3,938,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
The dad admitted on FB after the fact that the police were never called and that the whole part of the story involving them was made up and added for entertainment value. He actually called the police department and apologized after the story made CNN.
That's ridiculous that he felt he should have to apologize. Clearly he was joking around with his wife. There's nothing wrong with that. His wife probably shared it with her friends because she thought it was funny. At that point, there's no controlling the fact that it went viral.

I guess he's never allowed to joke with his wife again?

Old 05-19-2016, 03:48 PM

26,908 posts, read 28,241,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
I live not too far from the cities in question, and honestly the police thing is quite plausible for that town

Combine that with our current culture of nosiness it made sense to me.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:52 PM

3,206 posts, read 1,647,305 times
Men are such wimps.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:12 PM

16,785 posts, read 19,695,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I live not too far from the cities in question, and honestly the police thing is quite plausible for that town

Combine that with our current culture of nosiness it made sense to me.
LOL...how about our current culture of thinking everything you do in life needs to be national news online?

While his comments were amusing, he isn't the first parent to have to deal with this.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:15 PM

26,908 posts, read 28,241,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...how about our current culture of thinking everything you do in life needs to be national news online?

While his comments were amusing, he isn't the first parent to have to deal with this.
We are in an era of endless content creation.

It was "news" where I live, but I live close.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:27 PM

42,311 posts, read 49,920,131 times
Every story these days seems to be made up.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:02 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,412,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The worst was my daughter.

She was probably a year old and had just finished eating. I was laying down and holding her up above me and making faces and silly sounds at her with my mouth wide open. She was giggling away. Then out came her lunch.

Guess where it went?

I think my wife laughed so hard she wet her pants a little.

My sympathies, same thing happened to me, only it was my nephew & soy-based baby formula! At least when I had my own kids, I already knew better than to ever try that again!

Old 05-20-2016, 08:09 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,620,131 times
Ugh I can't stand vomit or the thought of vomit.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:00 PM

14,001 posts, read 10,161,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I don't think it was staged. That picture of the poor little tyke with the puke all over him, looking pale, peaked, miserable with his eyes red and teary ( as happens after someone vomits) couldn't have been staged, IMO.

I have to admit I wanted to toss my cookies as I read that story, although I've cleaned up my share of bodily projections over the years as a parent and can identify.
That's what I was thinking! The texts were funny, but look at his little face! If a child of mine were feeling that sick and miserable, I'd like to think I wouldn't take a picture of him/her like that, especially for laughs. I'd be trying to soothe them. Maybe I'm just a killjoy, lol. I can see having a laugh later. Some of these stories people are posting are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Every story these days seems to be made up.
Every time someone posts something here, I feel like I have to go and research its legitimacy before I respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events