U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,101,517 times

Advertisements

It's not the dress that was the issue...it's the fact she has big boobs. That was a conservative dress, but she's just naturally curvy. She's not hanging out of it, and I think it's silly to stress so much over a little bit of cleavage.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 05:59 PM

4,157 posts, read 2,162,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
There's no way that young lady will have any sort of wardrobe malfunction. It's a well constructed, well fitted dress, and she appears to be properly supported. Her breasts aren't going anywhere. What about those girls who wear the cheap spaghetti strap gowns? They're much more revealing and much more likely to have some sort of unintentional exposure. But they're usually slender and pretty, so no one bats an eye.
I agree. She looks lovely, and for those who don't like to click on links, here she is:

The dresses that I think look sleazy are those that have slits or reveal "side boob."

Old 05-21-2016, 06:00 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,981,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
that wasn't bad at all, come on. What do you want her to wear?

I see girls wearing the crop top dresses now. And my one prom dress was low cut in the back and had the sides cut out WITH cleavage.

Her dress was just fine and she looked great. And you can say that it was "too revealing". Fine. Then every girl there from a size 0 to a size 20 should have been sent home if their cleavage, back, stomach, etc was showing. The issue is, there were others girls wearing just as revealing and only she was sent home.
young teenage girls, no matter what size they are can look sexy without even knowing they look that way. a pair of shorts and a tee shirt in the summer can look provocative to some if that is where your mind goes. this young woman had breasts which make people uncomfortable. she looked beautiful.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:40 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,467,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010
IMHO it is too much for a high school prom. If she tried to dance, the risk of a "wardrobe malfunction" would be high.

It's one thing to have a big bust; it's another to have the girls spilling out of the dress, which in my view, is not very attractive. It makes me wonder what her parents were thinking.
I agree Suzy!!

Why would anyone wanna take a chance on it coming off?? (Embarrassed,etc)

Old 05-21-2016, 06:50 PM

21,511 posts, read 26,116,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Okay, I've read several articles about the prom dress, and her parents noted in one article that an alteration to the bodice gave way, making the dress more revealing. If you look closely at the neckline, you'll see that there appears to be an extra piece of lace attached in the middle of the bodice. I'm now wondering if that piece tore, leaving a whole lot more of the young woman's cleavage uncovered. If so, I can understand the concern from the prom chaperones. There are photobooth pictures of the young woman with her friends at prom after she put on the tuxedo jacket, but they're not very clear and do not show the bodice.
Quote:
Suzy, you and I usually agree about things here at C-D, but we disagree on this topic. As photographed, I think the dress is just fine. In fact, I think she looks absolutely gorgeous.
If the dress had been altered and the alteration "gave way" it appears that the parents really did not want her displaying that much bosom. It sounds as if the "wardrobe malfunction" I described did indeed take place and the cynic in me wonders if it might have had a little assistance.

It's OK for us to disagree every once in a while.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:15 PM

15,640 posts, read 8,758,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If the dress had been altered and the alteration "gave way" it appears that the parents really did not want her displaying that much bosom. It sounds as if the "wardrobe malfunction" I described did indeed take place and the cynic in me wonders if it might have had a little assistance.

It's OK for us to disagree every once in a while.
Of course! I value your opinion regardless of whether or not we reach the same conclusion.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:22 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,163,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yes; the way she is dressed in the picture.
This.

I don't know why busty people aren't supposed to show any cleavage but hey if you are smaller cheated slits down to the navel are a-ok and not to revealing.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:36 PM

51,292 posts, read 50,539,435 times
Quote:
Prom is a very formal occasion. Tell me, what exactly is a girl supposed to wear if a ballgown is not appropriate?
Hello! I am rather pleased to see a beautiful, formal dress like this rather than the sleazy type of dresses some girls were wearing a couple of years ago. She is not a child.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:46 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,726,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hello! I am rather pleased to see a beautiful, formal dress like this rather than the sleazy type of dresses some girls were wearing a couple of years ago. She is not a child.
Exactly. A neckline that would have covered her boobs would have likely looked frumpy. Who wants to look frumpy when they're an eighteen (or close enough) year old woman? It was an elegant choice that didn't make her look like she'd come straight off the Prairie.

It's not inappropriate for a woman to have boobs. That dress was about as demure as a young lady needs to be. Unless they're about to walk through the front gate of the convent.

I thought it rather Adele-esque.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:54 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,340,215 times
Beautiful girl. Beautiful dress. It's a pity her night was ruined by the breast police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or