Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:27 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,199,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
What I want to know is why the didn't TRANQUILIZE the lions instead of shooting them dead. They should have tranquilizer guns available anyway.
Tranquilizers can be slow to work and in the meantime the animal is still dangerous.
In this case dangerous is their nature. So if the lions had eaten that idiot they would then have the taste for human blood but we are talking about animals that are not in contact with people to perform like at a circus or magic show.

Wild animals are wild even if they are in cages and eating their prey is what they do.

I think they should have shot the guy so when he was taken down by the lions his thrashing about wouldn't potentially injure the big cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,225,823 times
I feel sorry for the lions too.
However, you have obviously never been in close contact with a lion. Most people think of them as big lazy cats. However they are not. The can run you down in a car and they kill on a whim. I watched a lion kill 4 fully armed soldiers in Africa after one of them shot him with a rifle. The whole event took less than 2 seconds and 4 guys were dead.
So you dont fool around with Lions. They have their reputation for a reason.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:47 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
I feel sorry for the lions too.
However, you have obviously never been in close contact with a lion. Most people think of them as big lazy cats. However they are not. The can run you down in a car and they kill on a whim. I watched a lion kill 4 fully armed soldiers in Africa after one of them shot him with a rifle. The whole event took less than 2 seconds and 4 guys were dead.
So you dont fool around with Lions. They have their reputation for a reason.
This guy didn't underestimate the ferociousness or power of lions or think of them as big lazy cats. He didn't go into their compound to pet them. According to the article, he wanted the lions to kill him.

Was he really mentally incompetent so as to realize what he was doing was crazy or maybe just drunk? I would hope either will be decided in a court of law should he survive his mauling.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:25 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,536 times
The zoo was in a no-win situation. If they don't protect the guy they'd be held liable for his death. Instead, they killed the animals as a last resort and are being faulted for that now.
Heck, they may still be sued for not making the place secure enough that someone couldn't get in.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:44 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
The zoo was in a no-win situation. If they don't protect the guy they'd be held liable for his death. Instead, they killed the animals as a last resort and are being faulted for that now.
Heck, they may still be sued for not making the place secure enough that someone couldn't get in.

Very true, but I bet they will take some sort of action to remedy that. Although I think if someone is determined enough, they are going to get in.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:10 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
This is very true. I'd rather be liable for the man's death which can be summed up as suicide than kill assets.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:20 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
They should have just given him a Darwin Award....Posthumously

Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Those zookeepers are fools.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:04 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,978,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They shot the lions TO PROTECT HIM?

THEY SHOULD HAVE LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE!!!!!

Stupid bloody idiot....... POOR LIONS (I REALLY HATE THE HUMAM RACE)
Have you ever watched a video of a lion eating a person? Look it up, then reconsider whether or not if you had your children at that zoo on that day, would you like your children to watch Nature Take It's Course.

If you want to be upset, try being upset at the corporation or company that exploited the lions for personal profit? Which, by the way doesn't include the entire human race. But, given the chance to own a zoo, if it meant a comfortable lifestyle for you and yours, most people would choose to do it, even if some of the population disapproves of it.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:02 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,227 times
Those poor lions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events