U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:16 PM

5,275 posts, read 2,421,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I am just happy that justice has been served for this family. It should not be any race-baiting. Seldom do you hear justice being carried out for the victim, when it comes to the police.
The trial for the police officer hasn't yet happened, correct? So without a guilty verdict, you are concluding that the officer was wrong? Do you really have enough evidence to reach that conclusion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 06:10 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,185,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
The trial for the police officer hasn't yet happened, correct? So without a guilty verdict, you are concluding that the officer was wrong? Do you really have enough evidence to reach that conclusion?
IMPO he was wrong based on my observation of the video, and hopefully he will be sentenced for a long, long time. Cincinnati is not trying to have no riots!! They will do the RIGHT thing!!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 AM

3,222 posts, read 1,667,082 times
Here's the video. The shooting happens about three minutes in. For what I see, the officer is wrong.

Samuel DuBose: full police dashcam video of shooting | US news | The Guardian

Old 06-01-2016, 07:29 AM

5,159 posts, read 3,642,982 times
I hope Tensing gets life without parole. He deserves it. In a fair world, Tensing would be breaking rocks in prison for the rest of his life for 14 hours per day to repay the state for that settlement.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:31 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,295,591 times
Not a good shoot
I predict conviction
Settlement warranted..except attorneys got way too much

Life without parole... laughable
Bad people rarely get that for purposefully and with malice committing murder ...there is zero evidence of that state of mind or background in this case
Just not the facts in this case
Manslaughter... appropriate... and as such life without parole would not be within the sentencing guidelines

Ex officer due every right afforded to any citizen
Justice scales are supposed to balance moral outrage and bloodlust

So..I ask you this.. if the ex officer was your son.. who got up that morning to do a job... and made a fatal error...how would you feel... bloodlust

How is the world served
This person will for all intent not be a future threat to anyone... unless we brand him as such... liberals want bloodlust when it suits them..conservatives when it serves them
Justice is blind... unless of course if you are uber rich

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-01-2016 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or