U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:37 PM

2,731 posts, read 1,958,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I don't really give two ****s about animal rights (well I eat meat so who am I to advocate animal rights when I eat animals everyday).
It is not a problem, you can eat animals meat that lived free and happy organic life before killing, that is much better than eat animals that was raised at too small cages, suffering, sad, crying and drugged to build some unnatural muscle.

You can still choose better life to them, every days wellbeing counts for them. Every day that they are alive before ending up to your plate matters to them and you can choose to support meat producing which pays attention to animals well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 02:42 PM

6,312 posts, read 3,488,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Laws, laws and more laws to prevent animal exploiting is needed at every country.
In order for that to happen, the general population of the country in question has to care enough about the problem to pass such laws (and then to obey them). Most non-Western societies have a very different view of animals than what we are used to.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:34 PM

4,749 posts, read 6,154,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Honestly, do you realize that the type of rationale you presented on this thread is the exact type of logic some of the most evil men on the planet have used to justify genocide? So if you can't see whats wrong with your "logic" then I really feel sad for you.
No, it is not the exact type of logic, because HUMAN lives are worth more than ANIMALS' lives. If you can't see what's wrong with your "logic" then I really feel sad for you.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
good riddance to a weakling
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it is sad that she wasted her life because of animals.

But truly, I have a feeling she had more going on than her sadness over the euthanizations.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:24 PM

1,503 posts, read 577,369 times
Small animal vets in the US have some of the highest suicide rates. They see neglect and abuse daily, and people bringing in their adult dog to be euthanized so they can get a puppy, or not treating a dog or cats painful condition, and letting it get worse, or declining treatment. Or people who let an animal suffer because "they love it to much to put it down."

Old 05-31-2016, 04:02 PM

1,335 posts, read 637,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it is sad that she wasted her life because of animals.

But truly, I have a feeling she had more going on than her sadness over the euthanizations.
By your comments on this thread it's obvious that you are incapable of relating to someone like her (i.e., a compassionate person), but how did she waste her life because of animals? She was distraught because of nasty verbal attacks by HUMANS, not animals. If she had had more support from HUMANS, she would probably still be alive. So it's sad she wasted her life because of bullying and attacks and lack of support by other HUMANS:
Quote:
She had allegedly become upset after animal rights activists had sent her threatening messages and even calling her a 'butcher with beauty' when it was revealed on a television programme the number of animals she had been forced to put to sleep.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
By your comments on this thread it's obvious that you are incapable of relating to someone like her (i.e., a compassionate person), but how did she waste her life because of animals? She was distraught because of nasty verbal attacks by HUMANS, not animals. If she had had more support from HUMANS, she would probably still be alive. So it's sad she wasted her life because of bullying and attacks and lack of support by other HUMANS:
This whole mess is supposedly because she had to put down so many ANIMALS and she was depressed about it.

By your comments on this thread it's obvious that you are incapable of relating to someone like me, who IS compassionate when it is called for.

Humanely euthanizing animals who are unwanted IS compassionate. They could just be left to run wild and have to forage for their own food, constantly going hungry, getting mange, covered with fleas and ticks, out in the freezing cold, etc. Humane euthanization is the answer for that, not feeding feral cats or keeping animals locked up in cages full of poo and pee for years. Our resources could be used for better things.

So, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it, and it's a good thing there are people who have the backbone to do it or we'd be overrun with strays.

Old 05-31-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
This whole mess is supposedly because she had to put down so many ANIMALS and she was depressed about it.

By your comments on this thread it's obvious that you are incapable of relating to someone like me, who IS compassionate when it is called for.

Humanely euthanizing animals who are unwanted IS compassionate. They could just be left to run wild and have to forage for their own food, constantly going hungry, getting mange, covered with fleas and ticks, out in the freezing cold, etc. Humane euthanization is the answer for that, not feeding feral cats or keeping animals locked up in cages full of poo and pee for years. Our resources could be used for better things.

So, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it, and it's a good thing there are people who have the backbone to do it or we'd be overrun with strays.
Suggesting animals be put in a room and gassed is compassionate? I don't think so. And neither is a "who gives a sh*t, there'll always be more" attitude. However, I do agree that until spaying/neutering is enforced everywhere, humane euthanasia is a much better solution than letting the animal suffer. There are much worse things than death.

According to the article, she became distressed because she was being hounded by animal rights activists, who were not offering an alternative to what she was doing, but yet condemning her for it. So I really do believe if she had received support and help instead of being called a killer, etc., she would have been much less likely to kill herself.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Suggesting animals be put in a room and gassed is compassionate?
I'm am at a loss to understand why that would not be compassionate (in cases where there is just a huge overload of unwanted animals). Could you explain your reasoning to me? I would think that it would just be like going to sleep.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I'm am at a loss to understand why that would not be compassionate (in cases where there is just a huge overload of unwanted animals). Could you explain your reasoning to me? I would think that it would just be like going to sleep.
Gassing animals to death is illegal in many places because it is definitely not humane. Lots of info if you google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or