U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 09:53 AM

2,971 posts, read 1,534,224 times

Advertisements

Yes its totally screwed up if its true. I always had a very negative opinion of her attorney. However even with all that anyone who could not see she was guilty is an idiot. How a jury ever bought that crap is beyond me.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:03 AM

9,143 posts, read 6,329,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I would think that Florida should be looking into the case and disbar the attorney ………….. typical scumbag!
All this is hearsay, a claim put out there by an investigator. Not exactly proven facts to be used to disbar an attorney. I guess we all have our opinions about this case, and what coulda shoulda woulda oughta ta have happened to Ms. Anthony, but it is what it is, and IMO, the less attention paid to this disgusting woman and to this case, the better.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:24 AM

9,143 posts, read 6,329,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes its totally screwed up if its true. I always had a very negative opinion of her attorney. However even with all that anyone who could not see she was guilty is an idiot. How a jury ever bought that crap is beyond me.

You certainly aren't alone in your opinions of this case. But you know that juries can only follow the laws, making their decisions based on the "beyond a doubt" evidence, not on their feelings or opinions of the lawyers in the case, and certainly not on the preponderance of public opinion. The evidence Casey killed her daughter was not there-possibly because she waited at least a month to admit the child was missing. Any evidence was circumstantial, and kind of "whose else could have done it"-based. IMO ( from a non-expert), the prosecutors tied the jury's hands when they went for a first degree murder conviction, perhaps they could have gotten a conviction for manslaughter.

I don't know, she wasn't convicted of much of anything, not even child neglect, and it does pretty much look like she got away whatever her contribution to her daughter's murder was. Perhaps karma will have its way with her. How that happens, if it happens, I really don't care to know.Less attention she gets, the better, IMO.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,810,962 times
Theoretically, CA shouldn't be in the news anymore. There are fates worse than death or prison. Stories like this remind the public of what she was assumed/accused to have done and serves as a punishment by not allowing her to go into obscurity where she can live a happy life.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:31 AM

8,305 posts, read 8,577,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Am I the only one who pretty much had this figured out? How else would she have paid him? With money she didn't have?
I suppose only Casey Anthony and her attorney know the answer to this question.

What you fail to understand though is the motivation that an attorney might have for taking this case. The notoriety and free advertising her attorney got in this case was overwhelming. I suspect he has gotten many more paying clients since this case occurred. The publicity that such a case generates for a professional person leads to all kinds of possibilities: new cases; book deals; interviews; and perhaps even compensation for giving product endorsements.

If her attorney failed to make a dime off this case it was still worth taking it.

Also, before you blame the attorney and accuse him of doing something that is wrong think of why book deals and product endorsements occur. John Q Public is fascinated by crime. This has always been the case. The real wrongdoer is a public that is far more interested in reading crime stories than news reports about scientific discoveries, new inventions, and good deeds being performed by others. Its the way people are.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 11,904,652 times
Now, let's say this is true. It's a simply bartering deal. Legal work in exchange for sex. He will have to report this on his taxes. To do so he will have to establish a value for the client's time. Hourly? Per *extremely gross and sexist word deleted* ? Does he use the going rate? I doubt the IRS has tax tables for this.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:52 AM

2,202 posts, read 1,318,643 times
Followed her case in Florida. We concluded she is a bisexual ,psychopath ,who found her child interfering with her wild life style and took her out semi- accidentally yet irresponsibly with an overdose of ether in an attempt to get her to sleep. Oops! There is no real proof of the lawyer getting paid with sex.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:55 AM

105 posts, read 75,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Theoretically, CA shouldn't be in the news anymore. There are fates worse than death or prison. Stories like this remind the public of what she was assumed/accused to have done and serves as a punishment by not allowing her to go into obscurity where she can live a happy life.
She doesn't deserve to live a happy life. I don't care what any Jury says they are always made up of morons just like judges. She deserves to forever live in disgrace and then hell.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:19 PM

1,657 posts, read 873,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
Furthermore, her lack of character and remorse speak for themselves.
My gut thinks she was guilty but since she claimed innocence why would she display remorse?

Old 05-26-2016, 12:24 PM

4,478 posts, read 6,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoznots View Post
She doesn't deserve to live a happy life. She deserves to forever live in disgrace and then hell.
Exactly........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or