Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:23 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times

Advertisements

Katie Couric regrets 'poor decision' to insert pause in anti-gun documentary interview - AOL Lying to the American public is ok I guess!!! Can never trust a single thing that woman says. Watch the interview there is noting impartial about her reporting. She went in with an agenda and tried to push that to her audience. As a journalist when you get caught lying you should be fired. Shame on you Katie!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,630 times
I watched almost all of the show.

Here's what stood out for me. Katie was talking about why we need back ground checks and went on to talk about mass shooting where every one of the shooters had stolen the guns or had a relative or stranger buy the guns for them. So in every case back ground checks did not apply, but Katie never pointed this out.

There was a quick video of a man saying to go out and buy an automatic weapon "it's so easy in the US". I was waiting to hear Katie say that automatic weapons have been illegal for decades in the US, but she never did.

So the deception and corruption of the truth was in the whole show not just the 10 seconds of silence as seen that the news shows pointed out.

Katie Couric is just trying to stay relevant. If she really wanted to be relevant, then she should take the other side of the control debate.

Shame on Katie Couric and her staff. Not one of them should be taken seriously ever again.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:54 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,791 times
This is a classic example of the difference between a journalist and a reporter. For a journalist, it's all about themselves. Real reporters go out and get the story and report the facts. Most journalists are far too self absorbed, opinionated,...lazy and cowardly, to do the real work of a reporter. We haven't seen real reporters in decades.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:20 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
It was all about Katie Couric's (Executive Producer, BTW) agenda, and not what was going on in that interview. I'm not surprised.

Now we have another example of the MNM's bias to add to the list.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,927 times
Her Commie journalism Professors did a great job on her.....They should get an extra ration of potatoes and cabbage this month...

Old 05-27-2016, 07:35 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
I loved the producers excuse that the edited "pause" was to allow the viewer to think about the question.

I watched the clip before reading that and my first thought was how embarrassing that they don't have an answer for this.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:53 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I loved the producers excuse that the edited "pause" was to allow the viewer to think about the question.

I watched the clip before reading that and my first thought was how embarrassing that they don't have an answer for this.

That is what the show wanted the public to think, that there is not an answer.

It is all part of the lefty agenda to ban guns to the law abiding and all the while ignoring the real problem of gun crimes committed with illegal firearms.

I would like to see a show about what can be done to rid the inner cities of illegal guns and stop the needless deaths that happen everyday.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:51 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I'm not sure I understand the outrage. I mean, it's identified as a documentary. I expect a documentary to have an angle, and to be edited in a way that is going to further that angle.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:56 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Katie Couric regrets 'poor decision' to insert pause in anti-gun documentary interview - AOL Lying to the American public is ok I guess!!! Can never trust a single thing that woman says. Watch the interview there is noting impartial about her reporting. She went in with an agenda and tried to push that to her audience. As a journalist when you get caught lying you should be fired. Shame on you Katie!!
I first heard of this from Rush Limbaugh yesterday. Couric and her production crew did a bad job with the interview.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:14 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
This is such bulls&&t!

The sad thing is that because it's about guns, a topic with such stigma, there won't be any consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events