U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:22 PM

13,467 posts, read 14,460,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I love France. ....... They go out of their way to make the citizens life as stress-free as possible. Bravo!

I don't want US politicians and their cronies deciding and forcing upon me what a stress free life is to be like, thank you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 06:10 PM

8,401 posts, read 9,554,762 times
Kudos to France. This exists in Germany as well. No more harassing employer phone calls or emails when you're off work. Lucky bastards born into those countries. 30 hour work weeks, paid 7-week vacations, healthcare, 6 months leave or the birth of a baby. Daddy leaves for the same. I can't help but be envious of the social society.

I know, I know, we have the one in a million chance of becoming millionaires in America. Is it really worth the trade off though?

Old 05-30-2016, 07:35 PM

616 posts, read 509,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Yes because if not because of the US they'd be known as suburban Germany.
If it wasn't for France, we would still be subjects of the crown. That works both ways.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:36 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,154,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
It is illegal in France to email workers during off hours | FOX25

Any thoughts on this?

Honestly, no one's telling people to check their email during off hours. Aren't we all adults?

doesn't make sense

Old 05-30-2016, 08:58 PM

13,467 posts, read 14,460,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Kudos to France. This exists in Germany as well. No more harassing employer phone calls or emails when you're off work. Lucky bastards born into those countries. 30 hour work weeks, paid 7-week vacations, healthcare, 6 months leave or the birth of a baby. Daddy leaves for the same. I can't help but be envious of the social society.

I know, I know, we have the one in a million chance of becoming millionaires in America. Is it really worth the trade off though?
As a grown man, I'd prefer to make my own career decisions re email, phone calls, etc.

I didn't come this far in life to where I need a daddy in the form of politicians.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM

3,462 posts, read 1,698,642 times
Quote:

You are free to move there, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:22 AM

30,488 posts, read 9,110,523 times
Quote:

Goodbye.

Oh, you're not moving there?

I see.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:36 AM

531 posts, read 233,461 times
Good for France. A company should not be able to bother people in their off time unless said people say its ok.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 AM

9,456 posts, read 7,605,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Yes because if not because of the US they'd be known as suburban Germany.
Yep, the streets in France are lined with trees so that the Germans can march in the shade.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 AM

508 posts, read 304,439 times
This sounds like an excellent idea. In this era of employers demanding 24/7 access of employees irregardless of their job it allows for individuals to separate their personal life from their work life. It also curbs the deadly "cult of non-stop work" which is really needs to be culled. I have personally seen too many people yelled at for not responding to emails sent to them after hours and on weekends. All this does is overwork (for free) the employee at the gain of the employer. News flash, no one has died because a contract wasn't sent at 2am vs 8am. There is also no need for your boss to interrupt your dinner because he has some questions regarding the Johnson account at 9:30pm on a Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or