U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 03:24 PM

21,556 posts, read 26,178,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That crow "Canuck" is so funny. Some TV news camera people had the cameras running on the crow and showed this on the news on TV later that day. When the crow absconded with the bagged knife he actually had to be bribed to give the package back by offering him other things in exchange. Finally a policeman offered the crow a fancy shiny gold coloured pen that met with the crow's satisfaction and the crow dropped the knife in front of the policeman's hand and politely took the pen out of his hand and hopped away with it.
Then I guess Canuck will not be charged with interfering with evidence and sent to jail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 03:46 PM

13,481 posts, read 14,470,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
It always amazes me how easily people want to kill someone, and what paranoia, or what narcissism it it would take to believe one has to kill to defend one's self.
If one is being attacked by someone with a deadly weapon how in the world is it considered "narcissism" to want to survive? To live?

For many survival is an instinct and considered highly desirable.

At any cost to the attacker.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:20 PM

4,885 posts, read 1,376,350 times
I've often wondered why American police don't do this when the person isn't carrying a gun.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:52 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,799,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I've often wondered why American police don't do this when the person isn't carrying a gun.
No police do this because its idiotic to do so. Some are assuming that this woman was only trying to wound the guy even though she fired several shots and apparently only one connected. The odds are that she is just a poor shot, an inexperienced police officer or both.

Most of the time if someone is unarmed the protocol is to use a taser or other non-lethal form of response, particularly if there are additional police officers on the scene but each situation is different, there isnt a template to cover every thing that can possibly happen.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:14 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,540,120 times
In the NYPD you were always trained to shoot center mass. The only training exercise that I got that was not center mass is if the suspect had body armor and we did heat shots at that point. Also we were trained in the 40 foot rule with sharp edged weapons. Meaning if someone was advancing on you with less than 40 feet away it was allowable to shoot.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:06 PM

11,076 posts, read 7,191,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
If one is being attacked by someone with a deadly weapon how in the world is it considered "narcissism" to want to survive? To live?

For many survival is an instinct and considered highly desirable.

At any cost to the attacker.
To believe one's self more important than anyone else, and to believe the risk of even a scratch is worth killing someone for, there's the narcissism.

Just to point out something; To that attacker, the cop was the attacker.

Think about it, which one is the aggressor? When argued in court, anything can come up as a defence.

The bloke had a little knife, I could have dropped him with a baseball bat, or just broken his legs. No need for guns here.

Only a person of weak mind would feel the need to kill him.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:33 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,799,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post

Just to point out something; To that attacker, the cop was the attacker.
Pseudo intellectual idiocy at its finest.

Quote:
he bloke had a little knife, I could have dropped him with a baseball bat, or just broken his legs. No need for guns here.

Yeah youre a real badass I'm sure. Put down the video games and get some fresh air.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:44 PM

11,076 posts, read 7,191,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Pseudo intellectual idiocy at its finest.

Yeah youre a real badass I'm sure. Put down the video games and get some fresh air.
You could look at it another way. That cop kills the wrong person, and the cop's family gets it. You can wave your guns, and have your rights to kill without feeling any guilt, but there are people that even cops are scared of.

Let's see how long you'd last in a country where guns are illegal. You can't go threatening people there. Oh, you have a gun, you can insult me.

Oh, to have the power you must feel, waving your phallic symbol.

Last edited by BECLAZONE; 05-29-2016 at 06:54 PM..

Old 05-29-2016, 07:13 PM

5,349 posts, read 4,020,970 times
Nothing like a video to make a point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM

Old 05-29-2016, 08:52 PM

4,555 posts, read 2,787,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Because many are carrying a knife, baseball bat, tire iron all are considered lethal and no cop I ever met was named "John Wayne" or "Tex Ritter" or "The Lone Ranger"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events