U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 07:03 PM

1,972 posts, read 2,533,226 times

Advertisements

Here's an article about the wonderful (sarcasm) parents. The father has a lengthy criminal past including burglary, firearms offences, drug trafficking, criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and kidnapping!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-history.html

Old 05-30-2016, 07:05 PM

1,700 posts, read 791,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Here's a renegade idea: Leave them in their natural habitat. Animals don't exist to amuse people. If the consequences weren't so tragic, I'd laugh at everyone wringing their hands to come up with "a way to make it so that humans cannot come in contact in any way with these animals."

Give me a break.
it is for the protection of the animal as much as for the human. such as in the case with this boy. if the boy had not been able to get through the barrier, the gorilla would be alive today.

it's going to be a long time before zoos are completely done away with, if at all. so the best thing to do is create a barrier that is impossible to get past. obviously, wild animals are best left in the wild. but since that really isn't going to happen any time soon, my opinion is to make it all as safe as possible FOR EVERYONE, including the animals.

and thinking and then stating here that there should be better barriers is hardly "wringing my hands". give me a break

Old 05-30-2016, 07:12 PM

20,801 posts, read 41,455,001 times
From the NYT:
Quote:
“She had three other kids that she was with. She had a baby in her arms.

Gorilla Killed After Child Enters Enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo - NYTimes.com
So, how (and why) is this woman taking a pic w/a baby in her arms. And, wth is she doing at the zoo with a baby, toddler, and two other kids - total of FOUR kids? Small kids should have been in strollers or on leashes. For sure she'll sue - b/c little Isaiah is sure to have some form of life-altering 'personal injury.'

The longer I live, the more I agree with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
There is more people on the planet than gorillas so human life is no means, more valuable.

From Earths viewpoint and gorillas viewpoint gorilla was more valuable of those 2.

Human is the lowest specie, no any other specie is so stupid than human and destroy the Earth with knowledge and education and proves of doing that. Human "knows" yet day after day commits actions which leads of the end of own specie
Especially, when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Here's an article about the wonderful (sarcasm) parents. The father has a lengthy criminal past including burglary, firearms offences, drug trafficking, criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and kidnapping!

The parents-of-four whose son fell into zoo enclosure sparking controversial killing of Harambe the gorilla as it emerges father has a lengthy criminal history | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-30-2016, 07:25 PM

545 posts, read 433,897 times
Leave it to Ghettolicious and Thugalug Jones to have their idiot "DNA" to slip in the animal's pen.....

Old 05-30-2016, 07:26 PM

5,627 posts, read 4,637,631 times
If you watch the video taken, the gorilla wasnt attacking the child either.

and the parents just want to blame the zoo and get a check instead of saying they didnt have a close eye on him or in a stroller. Our zoo can get pretty busy with people.

I dont have a zoo pass or id go and share a pic that the child could not have just slipped through the gate unnoticed, its just not possible.

Ive heard the Columbus Zoo is really neat, not that i want to travel 1hr-2hr away but maybe there they have more common sense.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:27 PM

20,869 posts, read 22,446,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
From the NYT:So, how (and why) is this woman taking a pic w/a baby in her arms. And, wth is she doing at the zoo with a baby, toddler, and two other kids - total of FOUR kids? Small kids should have been in strollers or on leashes. For sure she'll sue - b/c little Isaiah is sure to have some form of life-altering 'personal injury.'

The longer I live, the more I agree with this:

Especially, when I read this:

Tonight on national news they said she was the owner of a day care center. Maybe some of the kids were not hers. If I were a parent who had sent my kids to her for day care, I would be pulling them fast as I could.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:38 PM

1,661 posts, read 2,981,867 times
Quote:
Tonight on national news they said she was the owner of a day care center. Maybe some of the kids were not hers. If I were a parent who had sent my kids to her for day care, I would be pulling them fast as I could.
Wow, if that turns out to be true, yes, parents are going to take kids out of there and she's bankrupt.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:39 PM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 1 hour ago)

17,370 posts, read 8,548,684 times
The difference between the 1990s and today:

In the 1990's this same thing happened at Brookfield Zoo to a friends son. See video in the link that KittenSparkles posted on the previous page. Nobody judged the parents, which was good, because these are extremely responsible people. But nobody is on top of everything 100% of the time, and that's why the word 'accident' exists.

To those who are posting how egregious it is that an animal has died, but didn't comment you felt happy that no harm came to the child, you're not convincing anyone about how *caring* you are.

It's a shame this happened, and I'm saddened that this animal has lost its life, but human life trumps animal life regardless of the who, what, when, where part of the equation.

Today, the minute there is news that someone did anything wrong, misstepped, or had a rare occasion of using poor judgment, the lynch mob comes out full force and the witch hunt begins. And now we're digging up her husbands criminal record to further indict her. Aren't we all so superior?

The fact that there exists a petition with over 100,000 signatures calling for the parents to have to pay some price, perfectly illustrates the punitive approach we have toward anyone we feel has done something wrong.

This isn't the first, or the last time, this will happen. Beachie's suggestion to better secure the railing so little ones don't slip through, which only takes a second, is a good one.

But there's nothing in that discussion to make us feel superior, so let's not waste any time on it.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:52 PM

13,416 posts, read 5,212,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Nobody judged the parents, which was good, because these are extremely responsible people. But nobody is on top of everything 100% of the time, and that's why the word 'accident' exists....To those who are posting how egregious it is that an animal has died, but didn't comment you felt happy that no harm came to the child, you're not convincing anyone about how *caring* you are.....Today, the minute there is news that someone did anything wrong, misstepped, or had a rare occasion of using poor judgment, the lynch mob comes out full force and the witch hunt begins. And now we're digging up her husbands criminal record to further indict her. Aren't we all so superior?
Perfect. I'm repping this post. As far as the "lynch mob" goes, see:
  1. Advice on Upcoming Tense 40th High School Reunion;
  2. Ticket for Holding Phone While Driving;
  3. Did I Do Something Wrong on Shabbat?
  4. Is Being Bare-Chested in Public Around Children Wrong? (not all of them but Posts Nos. 5, 8 nd
  5. Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla to Protect Small Child in Enclosure
People are so judgmental.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:55 PM

7,649 posts, read 5,407,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
The young gorilla was the most intelligent person in the situation. But the men were like animals - inattentive, stupid, fearful and very cruel.

Children under the age of seven years shouldn't go to zoo. And to circus performances with animals too.

Some time ago I was in an orthodox church. And someone came together with several little children about two-four years old. Constantly we all had to hear their cries .

Whaaaaaaaaat?????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or