Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 08:43 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, kids do the darndest things, so why bother keeping both eyes and at least one hand on your three- or four year old while at the zoo.

1. The child isn't responsible.
2. The parent(s) should've watched the child.
3. The gorilla acted like a gorilla.
4. Get rid of zoos.
YES! YES! YES!

Old 05-29-2016, 08:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
To all you "Save the Gorilla" nut jobs.

You wanna see the gorilla really dragging the boy... something the news media is purposely not showing us because it wants sympathy for the f-ing animal rather than the parents and the boy?!
Here you go. Enjoy yourselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmz5jRlcGk
Argue this!
No, nobody is purposely doing anything. They showed it on NBC news tonight at 6:30. gorilla dragging the boy around. By now I'm sure all the other news channels reporting this has the more detailed footage. Our local news didn't cover it up either the day it happened. They didn't have video but they did show eyewitness reports that said the gorilla dragged the boy around. It all depends upon what information the different Media stations had when first reported.

From what several people who were there said, the boy kept telling his mom he "wanted to go in the water" meaning the moat around the gorilla compound. The mother kept saying no to him. She had other children she was watching when he slipped away and somehow crawled into the enclosure and then fell into the moat.

All this has been reported on the news.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
To all you "Save the Gorilla" nut jobs.

You wanna see the gorilla really dragging the boy... something the news media is purposely not showing us because it wants sympathy for the f-ing animal rather than the parents and the boy?!
Argue this!
Why is sympathy necessary for the child's parent or person in charge of his care? It is not necessary. Whoever was responsible for the child chose to be inattentive and irresponsible. The end result is the child sustaining injuries and a gorilla killed. Bad choices come with consequences. People need to get over it.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:24 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Stupid mankind, if the irresponsible crap parents had control their little kid, none of his would have happened. The innocent one here is the gorilla- ONLY. Not the kid or his parents, are even more stupid.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:33 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
A parent or the guardian of a child has a legal duty to exercise reasonable supervision of that child. It would appear that that wasn't done here or the kid couldn't have gotten into the gorilla cage.

The zoo would have a right to bring a civil lawsuit against the mother of the child and ask for an award of enough monetary damages to pay for a new gorilla.

I personally hope the zoo does sue this parent and attempts to hold them accountable. Maybe it will encourage other parents in similar situations to keep closer tabs on their kids.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee
Soon, there will be no zoos. The lives of animals can't be protected from humans who threaten their habitat in the wild or in captivity. We are a selfish species.
Please dont put us all in that category..... I would hope myself TO NOT EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!

Old 05-29-2016, 09:55 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
The gorilla when he was a baby: (click to view)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...a30n-1-web.jpg

Old 05-29-2016, 10:11 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
i think zoos should have to make all animal enclosures completely impossible for humans to in any way come in contact with any of the animals. or at least all of the animals that are able to harm or kill a person. i don't know exactly how they would/could do that. but it just seems like this would be the best way to stop future tragedies like this. sad

Old 05-29-2016, 10:18 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
But, anyone who has ever cared for kids that age knows that the little buggers can slip away with in the blink of an eye, and it takes superhuman effort to keep track of them, sometimes.
And yet, in all the years that gorilla exhibit has been at the Cincinnati Zoo, every other caregiver has found a way to keep their child safe from the gorillas. But I guess its just been a bunch of superhumans visiting that zoo (and zoos all across the country) up until now.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:21 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i think zoos should have to make all animal enclosures completely impossible for humans to in any way come in contact with any of the animals. or at least all of the animals that are able to harm or kill a person. i don't know exactly how they would/could do that. but it just seems like this would be the best way to stop future tragedies like this. sad
It's entirely possible. It what zoos did when I was a kid, they kept the animals in cages.

But then animal behaviorists became enlightened and started helping zoos to create natural habitats to keep the animals happy and healthy and so people could see that their natural environment looked like.

The cages were there to protect people from the animals. Now they may have to be revived to protect the animals from people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events