Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2016, 04:39 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Well, let's weight what's more important. Baby? Gorilla?

You obviously haven't read anything about this incident beyond the comments on this page. The above commentator is correct. The gorilla grabbed the baby and began throwing him around like a rag doll.
ok, but how about the stupid and negligent parents? Do they have no responsibility?

Old 05-29-2016, 04:44 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
The video i saw never looked like the kid was being hurt. I'm glad the child is okay but these idiot parents are 100% responsible for the death of an endangered species. They should have been paying more attention to what their kid was doing and had better control of him. Stupid people.
+1.

He didn't seem dangerous but it was obvious at any moment that Gorilla could have brained the kid. I don't blame the zookeeper. He probably did not want to watch the kid die in front of his eyes. The stupid parent(s) should have jumped in there with the kid.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:15 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Let's see.... over 7,000,000 people compared to around 1,000 gorillas.

Gorilla wins.

First the meerkat debacle, then the African painted dogs, the justice for Geist tragedy, now this. How many more animals/family pets are we expected to sacrifice because we continue to allow stupid people to breed ???
The pervasive mindset that humans are the pinnacle of creation, and that human overpopulation is not a huge problem, is really scary and needs to change before it is too late.

Quote:
Would you say the same if it were your child? Would the gorilla "just be standing there" ..."showing concern for your child"?

I'm more often than not shamed and frightened by the human race.
Me too. All we seem to do is destroy and pollute and make the earth a horrible place for ourselves and other species.

Quote:
To all you "Save the Gorilla" nut jobs.

You wanna see the gorilla really dragging the boy... something the news media is purposely not showing us because it wants sympathy for the f-ing animal rather than the parents and the boy?!
Here you go. Enjoy yourselves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmz5jRlcGk
Argue this!
Nothing to argue. A creature from a species teetering on the edge of extinction was needlessly killed, and the stupid imbeciles who caused this should have to suffer severe consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Not to mention countless sharks, bears, wolves, wild cats, gators, etc.

Human beings are stupid. We destroy more animals than any animal destroys us. Everyone runs around whining about the dangerous animals never realizing HUMANS are the most dangerous animal on this planet. We destroy with our stupidity.

The only reason people say, "child first" is because arrogant humans don't give a flying F about anything but themselves. If something else gets destroyed by their stupidity, they don't care.

No, the point of the thread is that at no time should you ever not know wtf your kid is located. You take your kid to a zoo and turn your back on him? "For a second"...yeah, it's always "for a second" or "it was only a minute". B! S!

I've worked around wild animals. I've seen just how idiotic parents are. Their kids are off running around like out of control savages chasing after animals they have no business chasing after, and their parents are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. They aren't just "on their phones" or "taking photos" or "turned their back for a second to tend to another kid", they are COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF WHERE THEIR KID IS AND WHAT THEIR KID IS DOING! I've seen it. I saw it, daily! DAILY! We worked around alligators, and these idiotic parents had NO CLUE where their kid was with alligators all around.

It isn't about tooting horns, it's about shaming the crap out of parents who suck at parenting and blame their suckage on everyone else. Another animal died because these parents SUCKED! There is no excuse on the earth for why that kid fell in to a gorilla cage. NONE. Zip. Zero. Nada. The fact that anyone would even try to make excuses for it makes me want to puke. The only people that anyone should be upset at are the useless parents in this situation, not anyone else who has an opinion about how crappy the parents were/are.

If you can't keep an eye on your kid at the zoo, either don't take them to the zoo, or put that child up for adoption so that he/she can be with parents who have a damn clue how to raise kids. Teach your kid how to behave when out in public, watch your kid not everything else - the trip isn't for you if you bring your kid along - the zoo is not a daycare, stop treating zoos, aquariums, and National parks as daycares for your kids...you are STILL responsible for your own fricken kids.

Already did. That's nothing to the number of animals we inhumanely slaughter every single year because we went in to their territory and got attacked. Duh, what do you think is going to happen if you walk in to a lion's den? Humans are ignorant, arrogant, and selfish. Argue that.

Are you the type that says, "I got all these Facebook 'likes' so that means I'm more right"? Because that is exactly what your statement sounded like. The poster's opinion is absolutely relevant, who cares if you don't like it.
+ 1 Million

Old 05-29-2016, 05:17 PM

2,271 posts, read 1,666,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Sadly they did what they had to do. Even if the gorilla wasn't "meaning" to hurt the child, it was a human child not another gorilla. That little kid was no match. This was real life, not Tarzan.

I'm a huge animal person and I am very sad it had to happen this way. The gorilla should still be alive and that little kid should have never had to experience such an awful thing.
I agree with this and also feel it was sad that the zookeepers had no choice under the circumstances. The child could have been harmed or killed in the blink of an eye, even if the gorilla had no actual intent.

All the screaming idiots watching also didn't help. Anyone who knows animals realizes that screaming and yelling will agitate animals at the very least. The general public should have been quickly removed from the area.

The parents are lucky to have their child back alive and unhurt. I only hope they cannot profit off this incident through a lawsuit. They actually should owe the zoo (which taxpayers support) the compensation for a valued animal.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:22 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you the type that says, "I got all these Facebook 'likes' so that means I'm more right"? Because that is exactly what your statement sounded like. The poster's opinion is absolutely relevant, who cares if you don't like it.
Nope. But it is interesting you talk about "likes" and then proceed me tell about the level of "care" my statements have with the general who. Apparently the people in charge care because the thought of waiting it out to see if the gorilla may or may nor tear the kid limb from limb was never in play. Would that have made you happy? Nobody cares that you hate snotty brats and their goofy inconsiderate and inattentive parents or how many times you had to clean up after them.

Humans rule this planet. That is all. That's why the animal is in a zoo in the first place. That gorilla has a dollar amount attached to it which they may go to court over. The parents will try to sue for negligence I guess.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:33 PM

449 posts, read 494,899 times
Should not have killed the gorilla. I hope Cincinnati Zoo is held legally accountable for their reckless actions.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I watched the video. It's much less dramatic than tge 911 call makes it out to be. The gorilla is just standing there. If the gorrilla wanted to hurt the kid he would be dead. I remember a similar case where an older kid fell into a gorilla cage and was knocked unconscious. The gorilla in that case showed concern for the kid. This is a sad case.
I mean the video I saw was much more dramatic. At first, it looked like the gorilla might be protecting him but as he started dragging the boy through the water at a very fast pace - it becamse much more scary.

I wish that it never happened and I certainly am not crazy about zoos - but I think that the zookeepers had no choice in this one.

I blame the parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I wonder what the odds are that the parents will hit the zoo with a lawsuit.
You know, that will really pi$$ me off. The zoo should counter-sue for the cost of the gorilla and the trauma the zookeepers had from having to shoot an animal they had cared for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
Should not have killed the gorilla. I hope Cincinnati Zoo is held legally accountable for their reckless actions.
Dude, they should have. They had absolutely no choice. I thought so too until I saw the whole video.

The true innocent is the baby toddler. Toddler's are stupid. I raised one.

Second in line is the gorilla - reacting like a normal gorilla.

To blame - 100% the parents. 100%.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:48 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How did the 3 year old become unattended enough to fall into the moat???

Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla to Protect Small Child in Enclosure - ABC News
Tragic consequences always follow CAPTIVE WILD ANIMALS. Down with Zoos!

And the parents? Why the heck was a toddler, running around unsupervised with gorillas around? Please, someone explain this to me.

This is a matter for the Department of Families Youth and Children - or what ever it is called here.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:49 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
What reckless actions?

Old 05-29-2016, 05:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
OMG...you are one messed-up individual.
An adult human chooses to be stupid by entering a restricted area to disrupt gorillas. He distracts them. The gorillas respond by charging after him. He falls into a mote and sustains injuries. Who wins? The gorillas do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.