Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 04:52 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times

Advertisements

The parents should be responsible for the costs. I am so tired of parents dragging their kids to places they are too young for then ignoring them. This happens too often. They can't wait to have kids but don't want to be responsible for them...

Old 05-30-2016, 04:54 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What other ways did you have in mind?

We have already covered that instant tranquilizers are a thing of fiction, so that is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Because it was a life or death situation. This was not the time for trial and error, especially when error could mean a dead 3 year old child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
This is such BS. Humans take precedence over lower species. Shoot first, it's just a damned gorilla. And the gorilla could go from calm to deadly in a split second. Shoot first, ask questions later. You don't risk a human life to save a gorilla or a tiger or a chipmunk or any other animal. HUMANS FIRST!
They at any case, spent 10 minutes, that is a fact.

So were they using their 10 minutes at the best way? They "recalled" the other gorillas and then waited? Just waited?

What would be enough interesting to mr. gorilla? What would win the interest of a kid? There could be something.

I am interested to know what they tried.

Many animals go for "I have something what you don't have", "mine is better" and "the switch" game.

Did they try to offer mr.gorillas "must" and desires and something new which would win the interest of the boy?

Boy seems to be too stupid to follow advices even those would be given. If gorilla would get something better, boy would probably go to ask if can share it..

There is more people on the planet than gorillas so human life is no means, more valuable. From Earths viewpoint and gorillas viewpoint gorilla was more valuable of those 2. Human is the lowest specie, no any other specie is so stupid than human and destroy the Earth with knowledge and education and proves of doing that. Human "knows" yet day after day commits actions which leads of the end of own specie You can lift yourself over other species and other people but it is just your mind doing tricks.

They could offer something better than boy, they could throw treats near and if gorilla would bite, then further and better.. Apes loves to stare themselves at mirrors (it should be familiar before trying), break phones and cameras at videos, would that be the thing? If he wanted what dropped to water, how about dropping more? But not so far if he would not leave the boy but run with kid.

Or could there be some programmed things in gorillas mind as "food time", "bath time" or anything which swich his tune to do that thing. We all have our thingies.

Animals can be cheated with certain tricks, I just have not seeing what they tried to cheat him and it annoys me.

Would this gorilla be protecive of all foodies and treasures what would be threwn at him against a child? Is there any news or speculations made of this gorilla trainers what would be their ideal and working trick?

Something and something more to cheat attention elsewhere. And meanwhile this new thing, give a sleep time if possible.

I read "they got other gorillas out and then waited" .. lol.. waited what, move your butt, that is what annoys me.

I want to know the reason why basic stuff was not used.. They got to know his treasures, his treats, his favourite things what he could not resist. Boy was a new toy but something could be better.

One of our dogs would stop all when he smelled blue cheese and got it. If he was eaten something else, playing, doing something no no or anything, the blue cheese mixed his system and all the exist in the world was only and only blue cheese.

Another fed in rage, the mood changes into eating mode, brain manipulation. Not treated of bad behaviour but fed over rage mood.

And I like the way how mr.gorilla lifts the kid up of the water. If it took 10 minutes, I saw only few short clips and news says gorilla did not harmed the boy. But he could just wonder where to start eating him raw.

If there was no harming, they could at least try some ways to switch treats and treasures.

How did they knew if it would not work? After trying they could give up but media let understand they did not actually do anything.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work, I have seen videos where they are playing switching trick with apes, why it does not work with gorilla?

It works with many animals, you just must give the more wanted thing and former is forgotten. Or cheat your stuff is much much better and it is as long as you can act you part.

I play switching game every day, it always works with dogs. When you are ready to learn what is that certain dogs price and pay it. It does no matter what is it what I want away from a dog, it matters what I can give for change.

Also feeding manipulation, if dogs and people are drooling for treats and switch for enjoyement mood, why not gorilla?

I just want they try something! Hit by a bucket or 2 with treats, throw more treasures to water, something, something.. Anything..

There has been several cases at few past years where zoo worker or visitor has been killed. Has all zoos etc. created emergency plans etc.? No they are not, they learn nothing from past years "accidents" , there is your "higher" specie, repeats the same mistakes, repeats the history, learns nothing, changes nothing. Useless, worthless human being that only ends up to destroy other species living areas and kill them also in "protected areas" which should be holy at least.

Bagh!
to your "higher" specie.... Selfish and arrogant, sure.

Any gorilla trainers on the board to explain?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/vid...te-treat-video

Old 05-30-2016, 04:55 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
no. no i don't mean cages at all. some sort of barrier that is impossible to get by is what i mean.

there have been too many times where someone with a death wish or like in this case, a child, or someone who is just simply stupid and tries to be cool or whatever.

there should be a way to make it so that humans cannot come in contact in any way with these animals. but not a cage. that is not what i mean at all.

Here's a renegade idea: Leave them in their natural habitat. Animals don't exist to amuse people. If the consequences weren't so tragic, I'd laugh at everyone wringing their hands to come up with "a way to make it so that humans cannot come in contact in any way with these animals."

Give me a break.

Old 05-30-2016, 04:59 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
They at any case, spent 10 minutes, that is a fact.

So were they using their 10 minutes at the best way? They "recalled" the other gorillas and then waited? Just waited?

What would be enough interesting to mr. gorilla? What would win the interest of a kid? There could be something.

I am interested to know what they tried.

Many animals go for "I have something what you don't have", "mine is better" and "the switch" game.

Did they try to offer mr.gorillas "must" and desires and something new which would win the interest of the boy?

Take a look at the first and third video on this site
WATCH: Raw Video Shows Gorilla Grab Boy at Cincinnati Zoo | Heavy.com

and then tell me you would be willing to take the alternate methods you suggest.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:00 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Attached Thumbnails
Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla to Protect Small Child in Enclosure-img_9276.jpg  

Old 05-30-2016, 05:00 PM

10,355 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Here's a renegade idea: Leave them in their natural habitat.
In the case of gorillas, there's very little natural habitat left to leave them in; the species is tottering on the edge of extinction. And plenty of dangerous human/animal interactions can occur between animals freely living in the wild and foolish or ignorant humans, too (as any trip to Yellowstone will quickly show you), so that doesn't eliminate the problem, it merely moves it to another place.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:09 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Yes, he deliberately climbed the barriers, but do you really think a 4 year old understood the consequences of his actions?
He understood "no" well enough, assuming the mother had explained to him clearly "Johnny, stay with me, YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FROM GOING OVER THERE period." Having parented a 4 year old, I can PROMISE you that almost all children of that age understand parental directives well enough to obey them even if they don't understand why. Where I come from, you as the parent don't have to explain why, you only need these 4 words "because I said so." That's all.

Yes she could've leashed him, but there would be people wanting her lynched for doing that. You can't win either way, so I say to heck with what society thinks with how one parents THEIR children.

I read that she took a photo for 1 second, and he took that as a signal to go for it. See, many will blame the mother, I don't. That is outright defiance right there on the child's part. He was supposed to respect that "no means no" and no matter how he felt, no matter his curiosity, DO AS YOU'RE TOLD. Period. When I was a child, if I'd tried anything remotely like that, no one would've lit into my mother for failing to watch me, they'd lit into me for not obeying my mother, and I mean they'd lit into me like a box of matches combined with a case of firecrackers. I'd had my clock cleaned verbally by every aunt, uncle, older cousin, grandparent and such within range, and rightly so, with every person there telling every other person what happened and making me feel about 1" high for what I'd done. Embarrassing and shaming me would've been practically their very mission in life on that day.

If the standard is that 1 second of snapping a single photo is "negligence" and the child gets a free pass for not doing as he was told, well that's just ridiculous. I realize the child can't be held LEGALLY responsible, but the response to that shouldn't be "well SOMEONE is to blame--ah, the mother, she shouldn't have been taking a photo." Phooey on that. As the one person said, sometimes things just happen, especially when a child is acting like a brat.

Last edited by shyguylh; 05-30-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 05-30-2016, 05:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I heard the experts stating that tranquilizers could have angered this gorilla and harm the kid but why not try the tranquilizer shot and aim to kill IF the gorilla acts out.

Wasn't that an option in this case. I feel so sorry this animal and other animals get killed due to stupid human errors or purposely acting of humans by feeding animals in the wild and than the animal attacks them after being fed or bullied by a human being.

Just this month a man in Florida hid from the cops and went into a lake. When he came out he had lost part of his arm and hand and the alligator was killed due to grabbing the stupid man who caused this on himself and even the man said in an interview that he didn't feel the alligator was to be blamed and should not have been killed.Lakeland man who lost hand to gator speaks out

Old 05-30-2016, 05:18 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
i just heard this parent has a daycare . I hope all these parents who were taking their kids to her day care quit taking their kids there and boycott her for fear that the same may happen to their child . I mean come on she cant even watch her kid yet she runs a daycare ..Hell to the no ...Boy cott her and the zoo.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:27 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
no. no i don't mean cages at all. some sort of barrier that is impossible to get by is what i mean.
Love this portion of the memphis zoo, the visitors are confined, not the animals, would be great to do a whole zoo like that, cost prohibitive though, I'm sure

http://condrenrails.com/Zoos/Memphis...-Panther-3.jpg
or like this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b610e95fd9.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events