Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 07:57 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,052 times

Advertisements

The gorilla cage was not well secured by the zoo, consequence : one gorilla (an endangered species dead). In my opinion , the zoo is at fault before that family. The zoo should have anticipated that kind of behaviour, unfortunately more and more common amongh the undereducated.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I tend to agree and I repped this post. While I know this thread is not about wolf reintroduction to Yellowstone that has gotten a bad rap. Before reintroduction overbrowsing elk had basically destroyed large parts of the park. It had to stop.

I weep few tears for ranchers, who graze on subsidized land.
I read a book last year about a man going to Alaska back in the 60's I believe it was to find out if wolfs were killing caribou in big numbers. I can't find the book I think I gave it to my wife to use for credit at the book store. Anyways it turned out that it was the wolfs but it was the local hunters who were killing more then they were supposed to. It turned out that the wolfs were eating it's fair share of rabbits & field mice. Wolfs do sometimes have a habit of killing more then can eat.

In the end I both the zoo & the mom. They both should of done a better job of making sure that the animals are safe as well as the mom should of been watching her child better.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay for those of you that are blaming the zoo . For your info this woman runs a daycare and her husband has a criminal background . Now how is that for your parents not at fault ?
WHAT in God's name does her occupation or his criminal background have to do with any of this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I signed the petition and shared it on Facebook. So did my partner. I don't REALLY want the mother to go to jail at all because it will just psychologically damage her other children. I just want her to see how angry the general public is with her right now so she doesn't get the bright idea to "pull a Derkosh" and sue the zoo out the wazoo for her OWN negligence.
So you're preemptively shaming her.....just in case?? And you think this will have no impact on her children? You're all heart.

Perhaps you and others should have waited to see IF she filed a lawsuit and then take action. It would be a more common sense, Christian, compassionate thing to do.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:56 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya especially seeing she might not have hurt the baby!!!

Looks like the Gorilla dragged the kid through the water as if to quickly get the kid to safety. Then the animal stood the kid up looked him in the face and held his hand. There was no sign of that the animal was about to kill the child. BUT the American way is to shoot first and ask questions later. Why was there not one brave and intuitive person who was on staff to go down into the pit and get the kid?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:57 AM

759 posts, read 636,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Frankly I think the zoo should not only sue the parents, but they should also be banned for life from ALL zoos and a plaque should be hung on the empty enclosure that says "This magnificent animal was murdered because of these idiot parents" with their picture.
I'd agree.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Zoo made the right call to save the kid's life and a potential huge lawsuit. If a lawsuit were to file, they have a lesser chance of suing for a huge payout. I do somewhat agrees that the zoo should place barriers for dangerous animals. Someone is bound to fall off a ledge one day.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:08 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I just watched an attorney on a news channel talk about how the zoo is totally at fault because the fence, the bushes and the netting past it were not enough to stop a child so clearly it's their fault and the parents have a clear case.

Just stupid IMHO.

There are dangers everywhere, do we need fence, bushes and netting to separate us from every potential danger? Along the roads? Along boat docks? At the edge of the ocean? Where I live, two teens had their arm bitten off by sharks last summer. Who are you going to blame? The ONLY reason lawyers are trying to blame the zoo is because our society allows them to. The sole purpose to try and get some of the zoos money in their pockets.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It took more than a second for this kid to find his eat rhrough several railing and fences, through bushes and then crawl over a ledge. This parent was hugely negligent. Yes a witch hunt is very appropriate and the animal was an endangered species.
Absolutley, this isn't a case of the mother turning her back for a second and a child puts something in their mouth and starts choking.

This is a case of not paying attention and holding onto your child.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Just stupid IMHO.

There are dangers everywhere, do we need fence, bushes and netting to separate us from every potential danger? Along the roads? Along boat docks? At the edge of the ocean? Where I live, two teens had their arm bitten off by sharks last summer. Who are you going to blame? The ONLY reason lawyers are trying to blame the zoo is because our society allows them to. The sole purpose to try and get some of the zoos money in their pockets.
Nah, they blame the zoo because laws require companies and organizations to make their environment as safe as possible for all going through. Kids go to zoos. Kids bolt, one kid distracts and the other takes off, etc. To think the onus is not on the zoo is naive and incorrect in the eyes of the law.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:18 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,852,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Exactly, neglectful parents, such as these, deserve nothing but to have CPS come and remove thier child/children from them.
I think I've seen the depths of how morally bankrupt we've become as people and then I read something as cruel and heartless as this and have to move the gauge down several more notches. I certainly hope you are never put in the care of children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events