U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 07:34 PM

14,967 posts, read 8,529,518 times

Advertisements

How did the 3 year old become unattended enough to fall into the moat???

Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla to Protect Small Child in Enclosure - ABC News

Quote:
A special zoo response team shot and killed a 17-year-old gorilla Saturday that grabbed and dragged a 3-year-old boy who fell into the gorilla exhibit moat, the Cincinnati Zoo's director said.

Authorities said the 3-year-old boy, who fell 10 to 12 feet, is expected to recover after being picked up out of the moat and dragged by the gorilla for about 10 minutes. He was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:43 PM

2,276 posts, read 2,332,423 times
I wasn't there so I can't judge for myself. But having several kids and our house was the gathering place, I know children can get themselves into the darnedest predicaments in little more than the blink of an eye.

Since gorillas (and many types of chimpanzee) can rip other animals apart with their bare hands and/or teeth, the gorilla's death was likely necessary.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:35 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
I don't hold zoo staff accountable for killing the gorilla, but it's sad that they had to. I want to know how the boy managed to fall into the gorilla zone. Is there no barrier to prevent accidents like that from happening? The parents were ...where? Doing what?

Old 05-28-2016, 11:06 PM

4,903 posts, read 2,767,024 times
Very sad. A lion was also recently killed in a zoo because someone was in it's area. There should be better protection for both the animals and people.

Old 05-29-2016, 12:48 AM

403 posts, read 172,195 times
Default Anyone must think to be a human

The young gorilla was the most intelligent person in the situation. But the men were like animals - inattentive, stupid, fearful and very cruel.

Children under the age of seven years shouldn't go to zoo. And to circus performances with animals too.

Some time ago I was in an orthodox church. And someone came together with several little children about two-four years old. Constantly we all had to hear their cries .

Old 05-29-2016, 01:14 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,421,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by good_deal_maker View Post
The young gorilla was the most intelligent person in the situation. But the men were like animals - inattentive, stupid, fearful and very cruel.

Children under the age of seven years shouldn't go to zoo. And to circus performances with animals too.

Some time ago I was in an orthodox church. And someone came together with several little children about two-four years old. Constantly we all had to hear their cries .
you lose the internet

Old 05-29-2016, 03:57 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,453,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee
I don't hold zoo staff accountable for killing the gorilla, but it's sad that they had to.
Ya especially seeing she might not have hurt the baby!!!

Old 05-29-2016, 05:48 AM

1,779 posts, read 858,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

From what I have read and heard on the news, it was a male gorilla and he was throwing the child around, so yes, he was going to hurt the baby. He was a wild animal and extremely dangerous. I would like to know how the child got into the enclosure, though. I can't imagine it was an easy feat.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:34 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,640,353 times
well let me tell you these parents were probably like 90% of the parents I have seen at our local zoo they were on the cell phone more interested in the twitter feed or text they just got than their own kids . I'm sorry but these dip stick parents should have to foot the bill to replace the animal .If I were a cps officer I would be investigating the parents for neglect .I mean I know all of you posters on here have seen these same parents I am talking about , also in the department stores and the grocery stores letting their kids run around while the parents face is in the cell phone . I m sorry a animal had to loose its life because of some stupid parents . I went to an alligator farm a couple of times and saw kids crawling over the railing and such laughing and where was mom ?, on the cell phone of course talking to someone who obviously was so important they could not wait . Man up people watch your kids so the rest of the general public does not have too .

Old 05-29-2016, 06:35 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Well, let's weight what's more important. Baby? Gorilla?

You obviously haven't read anything about this incident beyond the comments on this page. The above commentator is correct. The gorilla grabbed the baby and began throwing him around like a rag doll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or