Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 07:39 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Some people have lost all concept of public decorum and social civility, and fall into the idiot exhibitionist category. Things like this tell a great deal about the lack of integrity and more about the obsessive indulgence into sexualized self provocativeness.

It's not likely they even know the difference.
'decorum'
'social civility'
'exhibitionist'
'integrity'

Well, you've made a great point about people having not the foggiest idea what those things mean.

But it wasn't the point you intended to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 09:00 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
I don't think it was about anything other then the fact that some one (or more then one) person was going to have to sit next to her in her granny panties and the flight crew was thinking of the comfort level of that person. I don't care what she is wearing to look at, but I don't think it was about that. I think it was about the comfort of the people sitting next to her.

That said, they could have just given her a blanket (if they still have those). So it does seem like they were trying to punish her somewhat.

Old 06-05-2016, 10:29 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I thought it would be a picture of her butt cheeks hanging out but the back seemed less revealing from the front, just because of the way she's built (very long thighs). Looks like regular shorts in the back but bordering on underwear (modest briefs) in the front. It's a weird look and too casual but not something to deny boarding over.
Seriously -- if these were 'normal' short-shorts they wouldn't have kicked her off the plane, and if they still had the uproar would have been much louder. This is 100% because an older flight attendant disliked her (bad) fashion, went on a power-trip, and the pilot gave in to kicking her off the plane or making her change it so as not to have a disagreement with the crew.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:14 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,277,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't think it was about anything other then the fact that some one (or more then one) person was going to have to sit next to her in her granny panties and the flight crew was thinking of the comfort level of that person. I don't care what she is wearing to look at, but I don't think it was about that. I think it was about the comfort of the people sitting next to her.

That said, they could have just given her a blanket (if they still have those). So it does seem like they were trying to punish her somewhat.

This is amusing - I did not think that the flight crew gave a care about comfort levels of passengers on flights. People have to sit next to screaming kids, overweight people, etc. and they aren't normally kicked off.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:30 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Was this Virgin Air?....
Not any longer.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:38 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
I think it has more to do with hygiene. The airline isn't deep cleaning the seats after each flight. They don't want someone bare butt on the seat, especially somewhere people are eating.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
This is amusing - I did not think that the flight crew gave a care about comfort levels of passengers on flights. People have to sit next to screaming kids, overweight people, etc. and they aren't normally kicked off.
Actually they often do make over weight flyers pay for 2 seats and they have been known to kick all sorts of people off, including crying kids. However, what you choose to wear is a lot easier to control then weight or a fussy kid.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I think it has more to do with hygiene. The airline isn't deep cleaning the seats after each flight. They don't want someone bare butt on the seat, especially somewhere people are eating.
LOL you would think the woman in question wouldn't want *her* bare butt where a bunch of other people have sat.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:21 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
LOL you would think the woman in question wouldn't want *her* bare butt where a bunch of other people have sat.
I didn't see a bare butt. I saw a pair of ugly shorts that reminded me of the shorts they used to make us wear in PE class back in the seventies.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I've seen 10 year olds wear more revealing clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events