U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 01:47 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,033,710 times

Advertisements

Ok, I got to page 2 before I had to say something.

To all of those "dress up when traveling" people - why?

We spend, thanks to TSA, hours in the airports before even boarding the plane. That's not counting the hours in the air squished into the small seats between a screaming kid and Jabba the Hutt.

Comfort is the order of the day.

Paparazzi are not taking my photo - unless I looked like this woman. And I don't plane on that.

This woman looked ridiculous and should have been let on the plane for the lolz.

And thanks for the 'Beetlejuice's mom' comment. I'm still laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
This has happened to me twice . Once on a plane once in a CONVENIENCE STORE .
I was accused of not wearing a bra which I CERTAINLY WAS and an expensive Wacoal minimizer too that was properly fitted .
This is NO joke .
This is been an issue with me all my life and in my job I actually have to bind myself . I have a 25 in waist and cannot get any smaller . I cannot afford the reduction surgery . I wish it was as easy for me as just a pair of shorts !

Humblebrags are generally more subtle.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM

1,731 posts, read 873,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
gyrating receiver buttocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Oh, boy.
really! maybe i should start watching football! what have i been missing?

Old 05-31-2016, 02:43 PM

12,414 posts, read 7,467,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
To all of those "dress up when traveling" people - why?

We spend, thanks to TSA, hours in the airports before even boarding the plane. That's not counting the hours in the air squished into the small seats between a screaming kid and Jabba the Hutt.

I usually get to the airport about an hour before boarding the plane, so I'm not spending hours in the airport. But even if I was, what does that have to do with how you dress? When I go to the theatre, I'm usually there for at least 3 hours. I don't know who I am going to be sitting next to. I might be sitting next to an obnoxious kid who is too young to be there or a man that is spilling out of his seat. That doesn't mean I'm going to give up on my appearance and start going in my underwear and a gaudy sweatshirt.

The same with flying. I would rather not look like some hobo who just walked in off the streets, or like I'm to lazy to dress myself once I got out of bed. Dressing nice doesn't mean you are uncomfortable. If I'm flying in the summer, I'll wear a cotton maxi skirt, tank top, and sandals.

http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/5/optimized/1914185_fpx.tif?$filterlrg$&wid=370

Old 05-31-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I usually get to the airport about an hour before boarding the plane, so I'm not spending hours in the airport. But even if I was, what does that have to do with how you dress? When I go to the theatre, I'm usually there for at least 3 hours. I don't know who I am going to be sitting next to. I might be sitting next to an obnoxious kid who is too young to be there or a man that is spilling out of his seat. That doesn't mean I'm going to give up on my appearance and start going in my underwear and a gaudy sweatshirt.

The same with flying. I would rather not look like some hobo who just walked in off the streets, or like I'm to lazy to dress myself once I got out of bed. Dressing nice doesn't mean you are uncomfortable. If I'm flying in the summer, I'll wear a cotton maxi skirt, tank top, and sandals.

http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/MCY/products/5/optimized/1914185_fpx.tif?$filterlrg$&wid=370
I am going to assume that you are deliberately missing my point. The people that I referenced said "dressing up", has a different connotation -at least to me.

Again, I assume that you deliberately missed my point.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:37 PM

12,414 posts, read 7,467,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I am going to assume that you are deliberately missing my point. The people that I referenced said "dressing up", has a different connotation -at least to me.
Well you know what they say when you assume, so you'll have to explain what the different connotation you got out of dressing up is.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:50 PM

I have explain 'dressing up' to people???

Old 05-31-2016, 04:12 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,127,248 times
She's pretty hot.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,985,416 times
I'm surprised... I was expecting some of those cutoff denim shorts that basically show most of your butt, or something like a bikini bottom or something... The shorts she was wearing do look a bit ridiculous, but as far as skin coverage goes they are actually better than most.... I mean, they cover all her butt and a little of her thigh. Seriously, they are on par with the length of most women's shorts these days.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:45 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,511,927 times
Sadly, I saw far worse while out and about this past weekend. I don't know why people want to make fools of themselves in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or