U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 08:32 PM

38,749 posts, read 37,911,931 times

Advertisements

This guy's rodeo show days got cut short.

Horse tosses rodeo performer off back, tramples him to death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 08:55 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,810,962 times
Sad, but one of the risks of the sport.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:06 AM

10,577 posts, read 6,823,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Huh.

So apparently the 'sport' of trying to stay on the back of a rampaging pissed-off 1000-lb animal that's doing its damnedest to buck you off, all the while violently lashing out with its hooved feet, is dangerous.

Who would have guessed?

Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Huh.

So apparently the 'sport' of trying to stay on the back of a rampaging pissed-off 1000-lb animal that's doing its damnedest to buck you off, all the while violently lashing out with its hooved feet, is dangerous.

Who would have guessed?

LOL, no doubt. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near something like that. I get nervous around horses and cows when they are calm, as I've heard stories of them accidently stepping on your feet. That's a whole lot of meat to be stepping down on you.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:51 AM

5,082 posts, read 12,577,145 times
A rodeo where nobody gets bucked off and stepped on is like a stock car race with no crashes.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:32 PM

7,583 posts, read 5,099,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Huh.

Who would have guessed?

I have a hard time classifying anything that requires irritating/pissing off an animal for human entertainment a sport, but that's just my opinion. It's sad this person died as result of his 'sport', but a small part of me doesn't feel all that sorry for him.

Old 05-30-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I have a hard time classifying anything that requires irritating/pissing off an animal for human entertainment a sport, but that's just my opinion. It's sad this person died as result of his 'sport', but a small part of me doesn't feel all that sorry for him.
I tend to agree. The only thing that really sorta is rough is that the guys parents were in the audience and pretty much watched him get killed. That would be rough. The people involved in that sport are probably the first to say and acknowledge how dangerous it is.

You mess with the bull and you get the horns. In this case the hooves.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:04 PM

6,297 posts, read 3,474,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You mess with the bull and you get the horns. In this case the hooves.
That expression makes me wonder if, in an odd way, this wasn't a true freak accident. Rodeo bulls are notorious for going after the downed would-be rider (which is why rodeo clowns exist: to distract the angry bull long enough to get the fallen rider safely out of the ring). But the horses generally just buck; they don't target the rider when he falls off, the way bulls do. I wonder if this kid fell off in just the right way to end up under the horse, who then stepped on him by accident. Needless to say, if a 1,000 pound animal steps hard on your head or chest, you're a goner.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
That expression makes me wonder if, in an odd way, this wasn't a true freak accident. Rodeo bulls are notorious for going after the downed would-be rider (which is why rodeo clowns exist: to distract the angry bull long enough to get the fallen rider safely out of the ring). But the horses generally just buck; they don't target the rider when he falls off, the way bulls do. I wonder if this kid fell off in just the right way to end up under the horse, who then stepped on him by accident. Needless to say, if a 1,000 pound animal steps hard on your head or chest, you're a goner.

We will probably never really know. My gut is saying that it was probably a freak accident. Like you mentioned the bulls might be a different story, but again, who really knows at the end of the day.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:08 PM

12,921 posts, read 6,467,168 times
This is right near me, and I have been to this rodeo numerous times. A death has never happened at this rodeo before.

Also it's been quite eye-opening how callous some people on the internet are about this. Just disgusting. Show some damn respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events