U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:28 AM

15,372 posts, read 25,596,959 times

Advertisements

We need to clean the prisons out. You commit murder you get the death penalty. This should have never happened because the baby killer should have been dead already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 09:58 PM

2,555 posts, read 1,628,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
All lives may be sacred at birth and as children, but many forfeit that sacredness as they grow up to commit unspeakable criminal acts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
And so this justifies someone while a ward of the state being killed at the hands of someone else probably convicted of an 'unspeakable criminal act'?

If the lack of brainpower on this thread could be actually collected and stored it would surely be enough to sink a battleship . . .
Reread my post. I never said this was justified. I know you must see yourself as the smartest person in the room, and judging from your other posts, the most pious, but don't inject words or intent into other posts just to present your point of view. Since our brainpower on this thread is so beneath you, you should leave before we drag you down to our ignorant level.

Before you go, a question. If someone were to torture and kill someone you loved, would you still hold that person's life to be sacred?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:36 AM

13,042 posts, read 7,208,434 times
[quote=Delahanty;44250910]Tell that to an old lady, who now lives alone in a home she shared with her late husband, and in which they raised their kids, and who now comes face to face with her killer who's snuffing the life out of her in her bedroom.

But guess what? It's not just the murder of old ladies or children that are heinous acts. Anyone who is murdered suffers at the hands of a murderer. There's no "special category" of victims.

And people who think that there is make me sick.

Interesting. So how many tears did you shed for Jeffrey Dahmer after he was beaten to death in prison?

You must have a big heart. I wish I could be as compassionate as you are about some piece of crap that was brutally murdered and felt one tenth of the fear and anguish all of his victims felt as their innocent lives were being snuffed out.

I guess for me there is a special category for victims. I can feel extreme compassion for an innocent child brutally murdered by an animal that doesn't belong in society.

Shed a tear for that animal, ah, not so much. I'm very pro death penalty. If it's done by another animal in prison. Great. It saves us tax payers a bundle.

Oops sorry. I forgot to hand you a barf bag. My bad? Honestly I didn't want to make you sick.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:58 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,117,886 times
Good one less Loser to feed in jail.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:49 PM

1,938 posts, read 821,811 times
Probably the best thing Kulhanek (the accused) has done in his life ever.

To try and show compassion to a child killer is adding insult to injury for the memory of the child and the family that will never be the same again.

Perhaps we should make it mandatory in the future for all child molesters and child killers to share cells with the hardest cut throat criminals in the prison system. As is it they get far too much protection and support given the nature of the crimes they have committed.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:08 PM

1,938 posts, read 821,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Prison justice makes me laugh. The guy who beat this guy to death, presumably for beating his own kid, is also in there for a crime and if they were housed together, I could only guess a pretty bad one given the victim's crime. Just checked the article - yup, for assault.

I have no problem with an eye for an eye in theory but the prisoners attacking others for their crimes is just hypocritical. I mean, let's say the guy who beat him to death is in there for killing his girlfriend, hypothetically. This is really no worse than killing a baby, because murder is murder, yet here's some vigilante (or really prisoner) justice from someone not involved at all in the situation but is also a violent criminal himself, committing yet another violent crime in the name of the child killed, or in the name of a twisted sense of "justice." Mind-boggling.

But such are the minds of violent criminals I guess. No one ever said or assumed they are logical or smart or think things through.
Now now , for any man or person to not feel appalled and innately repulsed by the very act of child murder or molestation speaks volumes

What irks most men is how it trounces all over our sense of protection for those individuals , in this case a 7 month old baby, or the handicapped or elderly who truly are easy targets for cowardly despicable males in our society.

For anybody to argue otherwise does say alot ......a great deal in fact.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:31 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,612,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Not only are they good people, a lot of them are actually innocent. Only about 5% of prison inmates ever had a trial. The rest were intimidated into taking a plea bargain.

Why Innocent People Plead Guilty by Jed S. Rakoff | The New York Review of Books
In my opinion, we should make non-violent offenders WORK ( hard ) and save the prison space for the predators. Lock those violent monsters up and throw away the key.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:44 PM

48,942 posts, read 39,420,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Agreed.

Just as Jeffrey Dahmer and Albert DiSalvo were killed in prison for reasons that had nothing to do with their commitment offenses, neither did this.
Dahmer was actually beaten to death alongside another inmate, a doctor that killed his wife and tried to pin in on a "black guy".

Both of them caused a lot of racial discord in Milwaukee and it definitely contributed to why a hulking black guy with some mental issues beat them both to death....and why the prison guards left those 3 alone for over an hour.

But then I suppose that the racial discord angle wasn't directly their crime but a by-product.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:43 PM

14,976 posts, read 16,555,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Yes I love this story!!!!!! I hope he suffered!!!
I don't care whether some sick killer lives or dies, but getting all excited over human suffering is the trait of a psychopath.

Think about that.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:59 AM

2,057 posts, read 1,045,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Not only are they good people, a lot of them are actually innocent. Only about 5% of prison inmates ever had a trial. The rest were intimidated into taking a plea bargain.

Why Innocent People Plead Guilty by Jed S. Rakoff | The New York Review of Books
This is so WRONG. What you would have us believe is that 95% of the thugs in the joint are innocent. Guess what? Assuming you read your own link ... reading comprehension FAILED YOU. Apparently you have zero experience with the real truthful, innocent and loving thugs in the joint.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or