Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 06:03 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Tell that to an old lady, who now lives alone in a home she shared with her late husband, and in which they raised their kids, and who now comes face to face with her killer who's snuffing the life out of her in her bedroom.

But guess what? It's not just the murder of old ladies or children that are heinous acts. Anyone who is murdered suffers at the hands of a murderer. There's no "special category" of victims.

And people who think that there is make me sick.
I never said murder wasn't heinous. Not sure why you are saying this.

If I make you sick because I see children as special then so be it. However, please make no mistake, in no way have I excused ANYbody that murders. In all actuality, the old lady you reference is in many ways, nearly as helpless as a child in fending off an attacker so murder of the elderly is right up there with kids. All murder is wrong obviously, but there is a special place in hell for murders committed against helpless victims...like the infant in this situation.

I'm a mother of a young child. As a mother, nothing makes me angrier than despicable scum who deliberately harm children too helpless to fight back! These children are often killed by the very people who should be protecting them!

I'm not debating this further. It's how I feel and I certainly don't expect all others to feel the same way.

Last edited by rhiannon67; 05-31-2016 at 06:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 06:53 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Agreed.

Just as Jeffrey Dahmer and Albert DiSalvo were killed in prison for reasons that had nothing to do with their commitment offenses, neither did this.
A fact check on the words of Dahmer's killer says otherwise. Having said that, I was all for what happened to the dahmer POS and I am happy the yet another POS has gotten the death penalty.

El Nox

Old 05-31-2016, 07:04 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
St. Louis man who beat infant son to death is beaten to death by cellmate.

Couldn't happen to a better person. Karma is a bit*h.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:23 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Taste of his own medicine. Should have played with someone his own size.

Rot you coward!

Old 05-31-2016, 07:50 PM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Good riddance.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:59 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Who says there is no karma in this world.

Surprised he lasted this long.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...ef17e6485.html
Awesome. One less piece of **** taxpayers have to feed.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:54 PM

496 posts, read 466,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I do.

Two violent losers were locked up. One killed the other. Big surprise.

I do.

One violent loser killed another. Most likely it didn't have squat to do with the previous crimes of either one of them.

Quit romanticizing murder. Quit pretending that either of these violent losers had a shred of honor.
Actually you are incorrect. There are certain crimes that inmates, even those in for murder, take issues with and that is pedophilia, and beating kids. Inmates that are lifers have nothing to lose and will take out another inmate that has these charges. Just sayin...

IMO, he got what he deserved.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:35 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I know a very attractive female that worked in a prison as a psychologist.

Sounds like a bad idea, right? Well, it was.

One day, there was a riot. She was trapped in her location with 20 inmates. About half wanted to rape her and were openly discussing it. The other half, who were patients of hers and loved her, wouldn't allow it and they actually got into a physical altercation over it.

In the end, she wasn't raped and she quit the next day.

Some prisoners are actually good people, it seems.
Not only are they good people, a lot of them are actually innocent. Only about 5% of prison inmates ever had a trial. The rest were intimidated into taking a plea bargain.

Why Innocent People Plead Guilty by Jed S. Rakoff | The New York Review of Books

Old 05-31-2016, 11:40 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Not only are they good people, a lot of them are actually innocent. Only about 5% of prison inmates ever had a trial. The rest were intimidated into taking a plea bargain.

Why Innocent People Plead Guilty by Jed S. Rakoff | The New York Review of Books
When I was in the military, I spent a lot of time around inmates and watching court martials.

At least in this situation, I can assure you that they had fair trials and were, in fact, guilty of their crimes.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:59 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
Took him long enough to get around to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events