U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 08:15 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,289,232 times

Advertisements

Gregory Matthew Miley was in prison for being an accomplice to William Bonin, whom the press dubbed the "Freeway Killer", responsible for murdering young boys and men in Los Angeles and Orange Counties in 1979 and 1980.

Bonin was executed by lethal injection back in 1996 for the murders. Anyways Gregory Matthew Miley was charged in L.A and Orange Counties for helping Bonin murder two boys in 1980. Few days ago apparently, Miley was killed by another prison inmate, the reason still undetermined.

I just thought this was good news, this guy was an accomplice to a sick serial killer and I think the justice he got at the hands of the inmate was much better suited to him than the one given by California. One less scum from the face of the Earth.

Article: Gregory Matthew Miley Convicted Double Murderer Killed in Prison

Accomplice of notorious 'Freeway Killer' is beaten to death in prison - LA Times
Background to crime story for those interested in knowing more about this.

Murder down the freeway - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:29 PM

11,910 posts, read 9,650,978 times
Similar to what I said in this thread, prison justice is a hypocritical thing.

Violent criminals are housed with other violent criminals, so you can assume an accomplice to a murder is also housed with other murderers, accomplices to murders, rapists, or those who committed an aggravated assault or assault against a person. They're not housed with those caught selling drugs. So you'd logically guess that the guy who killed this guy also committed a violent crime. What makes killing (which itself is obviously a violent crime) someone who committed a violent crime you didn't approve of okay, when you also committed a violent crime which landed you in prison in the first place? So this victim's/prisoner's crime wasn't okay, but the crime that landed the dude who killed this prisoner was okay? He got to live, while this guy got to die because he helped kill two boys and that's sooo frowned upon in prison? The irony.

Am I saying I don't think murderers deserve to be put down themselves? No. That's a tough subject and I see both sides of the argument, and find both rather convincing, so much so that I can't decide myself how I feel about it. But prison justice to me is just incredibly hypocritical. You have these convicted violent criminals deciding what crimes are and aren't worthy of payback by other prisoners. Like, some guy who killed his girlfriend killing a prisoner who had sex with little kids, a pedophile. Pedophilia is obviously sick and wrong, but so is killing your girlfriend. Why do prisoners think they get to decide who lives and dies and judge others, when they're in there for violent crimes, too?

At the end of the day though, one less guy CA taxpayers have to pay for.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:47 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,289,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

Violent criminals are housed with other violent criminals, so you can assume an accomplice to a murder is also housed with other murderers, accomplices to murders, rapists, or those who committed an aggravated assault or assault against a person. They're not housed with those caught selling drugs. So you'd logically guess that the guy who killed this guy also committed a violent crime. What makes killing (which itself is obviously a violent crime) someone who committed a violent crime you didn't approve of okay, when you also committed a violent crime which landed you in prison in the first place? So this victim's/prisoner's crime wasn't okay, but the crime that landed the dude who killed this prisoner was okay? He got to live, while this guy got to die because he helped kill two boys and that's sooo frowned upon in prison? The irony.

Am I saying I don't think murderers deserve to be put down themselves? No. That's a tough subject and I see both sides of the argument, and find both rather convincing, so much so that I can't decide myself how I feel about it. But prison justice to me is just incredibly hypocritical. You have these convicted violent criminals deciding what crimes are and aren't worthy of payback by other prisoners. Like, some guy who killed his girlfriend killing a prisoner who had sex with little kids, a pedophile. Pedophilia is obviously sick and wrong, but so is killing your girlfriend. Why do prisoners think they get to decide who lives and dies and judge others, when they're in there for violent crimes, too?

No I totally see what you are saying, and actually agree.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:43 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,496,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415
Yes they dont care WHAT THEY DO as they are inside already!!

BEST NOT TO MAKE PRISIONERS MAD!!

Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,121,465 times
He probably stole a pack of Ramen noodles from the other inmate.....In the joint, that is grounds for killin....

Old 06-01-2016, 07:55 AM

3,066 posts, read 1,580,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

Probably because there is a type of prison hierarchy. People who do things to children are on the bottom of that list. It may not make sense to some but many of these prisoners frown on that. Either way, this guy lived many more years in prison than the kids he helped kill.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:21 AM

30,572 posts, read 9,141,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Gregory Matthew Miley was in prison for being an accomplice to William Bonin, whom the press dubbed the "Freeway Killer", responsible for murdering young boys and men in Los Angeles and Orange Counties in 1979 and 1980.

Bonin was executed by lethal injection back in 1996 for the murders. Anyways Gregory Matthew Miley was charged in L.A and Orange Counties for helping Bonin murder two boys in 1980. Few days ago apparently, Miley was killed by another prison inmate, the reason still undetermined.

I just thought this was good news, this guy was an accomplice to a sick serial killer and I think the justice he got at the hands of the inmate was much better suited to him than the one given by California. One less scum from the face of the Earth.

Accomplice of notorious 'Freeway Killer' is beaten to death in prison - LA Times

This wasn't justice, this was murder.

And I don't know what the military secret is about the identity of the prison killer, but I'm guessing that justice, in his case, would have been a jury recommending the death penalty rather than wimping out with the usual "he'll get his in prison."

Turns out, he just killed someone else who happened to be a murderer. A D.A. couldn't come up with a better scenario for supporting the death penalty.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:45 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,280,210 times
We just saved 50 k...of course the state will get sued and we will settle for 500 k...which will be distributed to his children..who will reoffend and cost a whole lot more money

Neuter them beforehand... after a couple of generations..poof...

Old 06-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 18 days ago)

3,996 posts, read 3,207,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post

My personal opinion on our prison system is that it's a cakewalk. Try spending time in a prison in Brasil, Venezuela, the DRC, or any other countries full of poor young gangbangers. In Brasil, for instance, overcrowded prisons are full of rival gangs stacked on top of each other. Machetes are the norm, access to flame, drugs, knives, poisons, anything you can imagine are readily avail for the inmates.

When they decide to kill someone in a prison in Brasil, they don't just kill him, they torture him first, chop him up, and spread his body around, all while filming the whole thing. There's HUNDREDS of torture/murder videos from South American prisons online if you know where to look. One thing the drug cartels have done to our neighbors in the south is hardened them. It's norm for an inmate to stab another inmate until the body is unrecognizable, and then play with the remains. It's norm to torture. To dismember. It's all about who's harder down there. God help us when these cold calculated serial murderers make it across the border.

Here's a nice feel good story from Colombia : Colombian prison: Remains of at least 100 may be in sewers - CNN.com where they found around 100 disposed of bodies in the sewers. Didn't even know they were missing.

Jails here are cream puffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or