U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 04:18 AM

6,940 posts, read 7,664,211 times

Advertisements

Angela Merkel is considered out of office after next year's election. France's Hollande is also a man marked as a has-been. David Cameron is now shaking in his boots, hoping that Brexit won't take place, while the UK media and pundits try to convince Britons that a "stay" vote is the only sensible choice.

All of the EU is now being ruled by unelected Brussels bureaucrats trying desperately to hang onto their high-paying jobs and preferential tax statuses. They care less than nothing about the people of the EU. This is feudalism all over again. Merkel, Hollande, Cameron and the rest are impotent, doing what Brussels decrees in order to hold onto power. This is about much more than the migrants.

This will not end well.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:06 AM

9,426 posts, read 5,213,065 times
So just so I am clear here when I mention a story of little Jimmy shooting Tommy in the face with pro NRA dad's gun I am told it's an abberation, millions of gun owners keep guns in the home daily without incident. But when 3 Muslims act this way we throw out that line of reasoning and condemn every Muslim refuge.

Sounds about right.

Old 06-01-2016, 06:28 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,633,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So just so I am clear here when I mention a story of little Jimmy shooting Tommy in the face with pro NRA dad's gun I am told it's an abberation, millions of gun owners keep guns in the home daily without incident. But when 3 Muslims act this way we throw out that line of reasoning and condemn every Muslim refuge.

Sounds about right.

We don't condemn all Muslims. We also don't deny that Muslims are the problem of our day. I agree with Trump. Unless and until we have a better means of vetting out troublemakers and terrorists, ban middle east Muslims from coming here because they are the ones causing the problem.

This isn't about us "banning Muslims". It's about us demanding better investigations. Any middle eastern Muslim that we already know isn't a problem shouldn't be banned from travel. Our open border policy was never meant to be a suicide mission.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 AM

11,397 posts, read 16,003,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This is completely irrelevant. This isn't even about us, it's about Germany/Europe and it's not the first time something like this has been reported to have happened.

Luckily we aren't as welcoming to refugees as some of Europe has been, at least not yet, but it doesn't mean we don't have other people coming here from elsewhere who don't like to assimilate.
This happens at every concert venue in America. And bus. And subway. You don't hear about it because women know that nothing will be done if they go to the police. I speak from experience, and with much worse examples in my own history.

Such things always struck me as rarer in Europe. I have no doubt that many of the refugees the problem. Trauma begets trauma and all that jazz (not an excuse - they should still be prosecuted). But the *only* reason you're hearing about this is because it's refugees. You didn't hear about the dozens of women, including one of my best friends, who were groped at Boston Calling last weekend. In fact, few probably even reported it, unfortunately.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:07 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,994,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Because sexual assault doesn't already happen in the US?
Hillary is married to one of the worst offenders.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:42 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"26 women are sexually assaulted at German Concert By Middle Eastern Asylum Seekers"

New Year's eve was six months ago, these refugees have had ample time to get the memo. It appears they don't care and that's alarming. What a mess.
Of course they don't care. They're in an environment that is virtually consequence-free and they don't have to work for anything...it's all handed to them. Why mess with success?

Old 06-01-2016, 07:48 AM

3,510 posts, read 2,795,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Of course I don't think there should be more men who are going to sexually assault women, but how do you screen for that?
Stop accepting endless amounts of people from countries where this sort of behavior is condoned?

It shouldnt be shocking that when you bring in a ****load of single young men from repressive cultures where women are seen as less than equal and are required to cover themselves up in basically burlap sacks because the men are taught it isnt their own responsibility to control their lust, that these things happen.

Germany and Sweden right now are like the crazy cat ladies of the world, bringing in more refugees than they can realistically support or assimilate and their own citizens are paying the price for it.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:59 AM

1,504 posts, read 575,544 times
Those who create immigration policies rarely do their home work. In parts of India for instance gang rape or singular rape is common practice....especially when it comes to poor disadvantaged woman. There is little consequence to defiling someone of the lower cast.

When these young immigrant men view modern westernized woman they see them as woman of ill repute...no different than prostitutes. So they think they are unprotected - and their is no consequence to the defilement of these females....and in Liberal Europe they are right...these woman have no protection from these barbarians.

What should be done is that the usual suspects should be rounded up without trial...handcuffed put on a military air craft and deposited from whence they came...dump them. What a weak place Europe has become- where raping and pillaging is condoned. In an earlier time the men of the nation would have simply mounted up after sharpening their swords and quickly dispensed of this curse and insult to their daughters and wives....swift retribution....why not?

So the idiots in Europe are so mindlessly progressive that they hand these chumps a welfare check and say go do what you want....paid rapists? Give me a break.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 AM
Status: "We're all entitled to my own opinion." (set 1 day ago)

17,394 posts, read 8,555,339 times
Remember the thread where the unruly student lit a cigar in class, walked up to the teacher and blew smoke in his face? Nobody posted something stupid like, "Well, adults do disrespectful things, too!!"

Yet some of you come up with the same lame type of justification whenever this issue is brought up.

I don't know if you're ignorant about what's happening globally in every country where a large number of Muslims from that part of the world* have been allowed in, or you just don't care, but either way, it's galling.

*Before the idiots start with their "You hate Muslims" mantra, note the distinction, and look up my history of defense when it comes to American Muslims.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-01-2016 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: Edited for the nitpickers who would rather police language than the issue of crimes

Old 06-01-2016, 08:14 AM

4,831 posts, read 2,351,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
This is completely irrelevant. This isn't even about us, it's about Germany/Europe and it's not the first time something like this has been reported to have happened.

Luckily we aren't as welcoming to refugees as some of Europe has been, at least not yet, but it doesn't mean we don't have other people coming here from elsewhere who don't like to assimilate.
I was just in germany for two weeks (in the beginning of may) . You would be surprised by how many germans I talked to that said they they are welcoming for the refugees because of what the Germans did in WWII. Its like they have been brainwashed. I talked to about a half dozen and all were in support of helping them.

In Berlin, My wife and I were going to dinner at the Alexander Platz (radio tower) we were walking up and there were a group of middle eastern guys drinking (8-10) They were pretty scary looking . My wife was dressed modestly and wasn't revealing at all . These guys literally were staring at her very scarily. I stared right back at them and made direct eye contact. After they seen me looking back they looked away. I said to myself...I wonder what happens if a girl walks by without a guy ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or