U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 12:44 PM

1,938 posts, read 822,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Mass taharrush jinsi.... The socially-accepted Arab gang rape practice used as a form of control and punishment of women (along with legalized public beatings) who dare to appear at public events... Where does this "happen all the freakin' time" in this country - the U.S.? Please provide examples.

p.s. I have lived/worked in an Arab country, Europe, and now, happily, the U.S. and, as a woman, know this kind of treatment of women does not "happen all the freakin' time" here. It's disappointing that people don't understand/appreciate the difference in environment.

"attacks reflect a misogynist ideology that blames women for leaving the house, seeks to terrorize them out of public life, and views sexual violence as a source of shame for the victim, not the attacker. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass...sault_in_Egypt

The Arabic gang-rape 'Taharrush' phenomenon which has spread to Europe | Daily Mail Online

German police: It's an Arab rape game called Taharrush, and now it has come to Europe

Taharrush - The Sickening And Terrifying Arab Rape Game That Is Spreading Across Europe

‘Taharrush’: Shock Video Shows Rape Culture the West is Importing » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Europe is enabling a rape culture | New York Post

Stan4 reminds me of a child molester in the news some years ago. He tried to excuse away his actions by saying "it happens all the time" and " so many are doing the same" etc.. Therein lies the danger of minds set to ignorance and twisted thinking.
You know in the past couple of years , I am beginning to see an even greater gulf in values between Western and Arab countries.
Shocking and troubling to think what we consider decent and of good civil standard is anathema to many Arabs.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 PM

11,099 posts, read 6,601,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Lets hope good sense will prevail and thwart the rapid rise of anti social behavior coming from the large influx of arab refugees.
Now lets consider what would happen to a Westerner if they displayed blatant disrespect while in an arab land. So why is it that the arab refugees are permitted to wreak havoc and go for the most part unpunished.
They were arrested, so I don't see why you claim they're getting away with it unpunished. Were you wanting a ppublic execution right then and there? I'm not familiar with German law, but I would think they have a legal process just like many other Western Countries.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 2,362,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
They were arrested, so I don't see why you claim they're getting away with it unpunished. Were you wanting a ppublic execution right then and there? I'm not familiar with German law, but I would think they have a legal process just like many other Western Countries.
They were released shortly after being arrested and/or detained......

Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Stan4 reminds me of a child molester in the news some years ago. He tried to excuse away his actions by saying "it happens all the time" and " so many are doing the same" etc.. Therein lies the danger of minds set to ignorance and twisted thinking.
No one is trying to excuse away the behavior of these three men. The problem is that many people want to use the actions of a few to villify an entire region of people. And now we're supposed to recognize Pakistan as the Middle East so we can villify even more people and lump them all into one category.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:19 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,824,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
If Hillary gets elected the same thing will happen here.
Back in 1982 - when Ronald Reagan was president - I was pushed against the wall and fondled by two Pakistani men who lived in the same college rooming house as I did. My brother also lived there and he and his friends quickly took care of the situation. Those two guys barely looked at me or anyone else after that, and moved out soon afterward.

So obviously the above statement about Mrs. Clinton was dumb. Trumpies actively CHOOSE to be ignorant about American history, especially recent history.

When I was younger I was also inappropriately touched by a white male in a business suit in a bank in small town Oklahoma, and by a group of Slovenian American men (who are about as white as can be) on the street in a small town in Northern Minnesota, and by a guy who was darkish - maybe Italian? - on a crowded street in NYC. I'm sure there have been more instances in my life, but these are the ones I can remember right now.

I would imagine most women have similar stories of being pinched, fondled, rubbed against or worse by various creepy male strangers as we have been trying to go about our normal everyday lives.

So it isn't just immigrant men who need to learn how to behave like human beings.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
So questioning at the local police station and then release soon after constitutes right and proper application of the law ???

And for sexual assault of innocent females. Fact remains the German and Scandinavian legal systems are rendered powerless in this regard as politicians differ on proper management of refugees in their nations.

When they finally get it sorted out, order will finally be restored.

Again we are talking of innocent females , could be your sister or somebody close to you subjected to gross acts of a most heinous manner.

Nothing can be said to condone the barbaric acts subjected upon them.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
No one is trying to excuse away the behavior of these three men. The problem is that many people want to use the actions of a few to villify an entire region of people. And now we're supposed to recognize Pakistan as the Middle East so we can villify even more people and lump them all into one category.
Things become in better focus when we hear of the stories not reported in the news from people living in Germany in particular.
There are many cases on an almost daily basis of grossly uncivil rude and destructive behavior shown by the refugees. If the German press was to report all of what is happening, and they wont for fear of calls of right wing propaganda and anti foreigners sentiments, then we could get a clear idea of the extent of the issues facing Germany and it's refugees.
Many many incidents go unreported as Germany as well as other nations are still in a state of denial for what they have allowed happen

Old 06-01-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
So questioning at the local police station and then release soon after constitutes right and proper application of the law ???

And for sexual assault of innocent females. Fact remains the German and Scandinavian legal systems are rendered powerless in this regard as politicians differ on proper management of refugees in their nations.

When they finally get it sorted out, order will finally be restored.

Again we are talking of innocent females , could be your sister or somebody close to you subjected to gross acts of a most heinous manner.

Nothing can be said to condone the barbaric acts subjected upon them.
I've been sexually assaulted twice, both times by white men. One used the date rape drug. You know what happened to these white, American men? Absolutly nothing. This isn't a European only problem. And it's certainly not a refugee problem. They can ban everyone from the "Greater Middle East" and all of Asia, but it's not going to stop sexual assaults. Its just an excuse to continue to villify millions of people who look different from you based on the actions of a few.

Old 06-01-2016, 01:43 PM

2,056 posts, read 1,841,013 times
Last weekend, in Destin, FL, i saw a lot of people at the beach from different cultures. Everyone was keeping to themselves, and it was a nice day. But I could not help scratch my head at the eastern Indian women, or wherever they were from, who couldn't come to beach without full body covering, including head, but not face, and forced to go into the water like that. Meanwhile, the men-folk, have a full body covering of hair, and a small pair of shorts. Now, I don't hate the speedos, wear them myself, but my God, or whoever they worship, what culture treats women like slaves/servants/subservants?

Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM

7,630 posts, read 5,123,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Last weekend, in Destin, FL, i saw a lot of people at the beach from different cultures. Everyone was keeping to themselves, and it was a nice day. But I could not help scratch my head at the eastern Indian women, or wherever they were from, who couldn't come to beach without full body covering, including head, but not face, and forced to go into the water like that. Meanwhile, the men-folk, have a full body covering of hair, and a small pair of shorts. Now, I don't hate the speedos, wear them myself, but my God, or whoever they worship, what culture treats women like slaves/servants/subservants?
A culture that refuses to hold men responsible for their own lack of self control and behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or