Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:53 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times

Advertisements

After repeated problems with ineffective management over the ever increasing security lines, resulting in thousands of passengers missing their flights and being stranded, as well as security officers missing mock bombs and other contraband in luggage, Kelly Hoggan was removed from position as head of TSA and replaced by his deputy director, Darby LaJoye. He received $90K+ in bonuses in just 13 months on the job. LaJoye promises to reduce wait times and increase efficiency. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hopefully the new director will actually succeed in this mammoth task.

Head of TSA security operations removed from position | KUTV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 06:55 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
About time the government holds people responsible for playing politics with their job, sorry but I do not believe that the lines are a coincidence while the TSA is complaining about not receiving all the funding they requested.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:05 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
The TSA should be eliminated. Airlines can afford to provide security for their own airplanes. The majority of TSA agents are security guard rejects who could not be trusted to stay awake on the job if left alone.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:21 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
"The TSA did not say where Hoggan has been reassigned."

Hopefully to the street.

"attributed some security line woes to fewer people than anticipated applying for the government's PreCheck program"

So ... the TSA can scan your luggage, wand you, pat you down, take you to a room and do a body cavity check if they think its necessary but they can't automatically do a non-invasive, on-line, security pre-check when you buy a ticket unless you apply?

I'm no security expert but even I can see part of the problem.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:24 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,367,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The TSA should be eliminated. Airlines can afford to provide security for their own airplanes. The majority of TSA agents are security guard rejects who could not be trusted to stay awake on the job if left alone.
I personally saw a TSA agent I used to work with in another field. This particular agent, at one time, I knew was a small time drug dealer. I just had to shake my head when I saw him.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:32 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
Atlanta Hartsfield cleaned house too, proud to say. The mayor gave them the axe, since ATL is under their jurisdiction. Time to send the rubbish packing. Let the lawsuits begin.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:34 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I personally saw a TSA agent I used to work with in another field. This particular agent, at one time, I knew was a small time drug dealer. I just had to shake my head when I saw him.
I believe that story completely. But honestly, it's pretty obvious to me that these aren't the cream of the crop employees. it's a thankless job, that's basically just above the level of a mall security guard. shouldn't be that way, and I hate to lump in some REALLY GREAT PEOPLE that are under-employed in that job.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Head of TSA Fired from Position

That's a move that's overdue.

The big slowdown currently going on in TSA "security" at airports just may well be a deliberate action by the employees to make a bid for more pay, benefits, etc.

It shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:50 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
under paid -subject of abuse and scorned by all-yet they confiscated 73 firearms in one week- besides the array of knives, explosives, etc. The TSA Found Some Dangerous -- And Creepy -- Things In 2013 (PHOTOS)

But are they competent?- the culture of govt. is not to be- yet private security will NOT bring you better results- and they will be paid even less -- by the way the airlines not absorbing that cost- you will pay more for that airline ticket

Old 05-24-2016, 08:05 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
People in power do fly a lot. Just don't inconvenience them and your job is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events