Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 10:20 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,927,491 times

Advertisements

There will probably be an acquittal through jury nullification, but unfortunately a lot of time and money will be spent to get there.

I agree that in the south he wouldn't be charged. Several years ago a guy found a man raping his child. He stopped the rape then beat the guy to death. No charges and much celebration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:51 AM

16,205 posts, read 10,346,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
There will probably be an acquittal through jury nullification, but unfortunately a lot of time and money will be spent to get there.

I agree that in the south he wouldn't be charged. Several years ago a guy found a man raping his child. He stopped the rape then beat the guy to death. No charges and much celebration.
If this was the story I'm thinking about it was in Texas. The rapist didn't die but close, sheriff gave him a pat on the back. Bit that situation was different, the act was still going on and he stopped it. This was vigilante revenge.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,497,310 times
Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding.

Ra's Al Ghul.

Batman Begins 2005.

Yet in in America it is tolerated he was supposed to let him get away with it so he could go out & do it again. And we're made to feel sorry for the rapist & his family.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Yet in in America it is tolerated he was supposed to let him get away with it so he could go out & do it again. And we're made to feel sorry for the rapist & his family.

Please help me identify all the posts in this lengthy thread where posters are suggesting we let him get away with this crime as they asked us to feel sorry for the rapist and his family.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2016, 11:33 PM

4,656 posts, read 4,107,780 times
The story says that the rapist had 14 prior arrests. The system has totally failed this couple as this guy has no business stalking the streets in the first place. When are we going to start policing the police? If the laws do not protect the innocent, then they are not valid and the people who are supposed to be enforcing them are themselves criminals.

If it were me, I would tell them to lock me up as long as possible because I intend to kill painfully anyone who is stupid enough to try to stop me from defending my wife, just the same as I did kill the guy who messed with her in the first place.

Or perhaps, since I was going to jail anyway, I would just kill the person who brought the stupid charges. This might teach someone somewhere a lesson and make it easier on the next guy.

Last edited by cachibatches; 06-10-2016 at 11:42 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 01:30 AM

13,083 posts, read 7,205,194 times
Liberal judges allow for predator to be out on the street same judges will instruct the jury on this man's case that his killing had nothing to do with the rapist's prior criminal record, or that the Rapist just assaulted his wife. They will find him guilty and the husband will end up getting probation and a felony record.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:35 AM

18,972 posts, read 14,144,151 times
Whatever happened to the doctrine that all consequences from a felony fall on the FELON, not the person / victim fighting the felon?

Sounds like a case where "the system" needs to set an example, lest the muggles stand up to criminals and make the professionals superfluous.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Or perhaps, since I was going to jail anyway, I would just kill the person who brought the stupid charges. This might teach someone somewhere a lesson and make it easier on the next guy.
Good grief.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:56 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,899,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Whatever happened to the doctrine that all consequences from a felony fall on the FELON, not the person / victim fighting the felon?

Sounds like a case where "the system" needs to set an example, lest the muggles stand up to criminals and make the professionals superfluous.
Isn't that only when the crime is ongoing? Not after the fact?

Old 06-11-2016, 05:59 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,899,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
The story says that the rapist had 14 prior arrests. The system has totally failed this couple as this guy has no business stalking the streets in the first place. When are we going to start policing the police? If the laws do not protect the innocent, then they are not valid and the people who are supposed to be enforcing them are themselves criminals.

If it were me, I would tell them to lock me up as long as possible because I intend to kill painfully anyone who is stupid enough to try to stop me from defending my wife, just the same as I did kill the guy who messed with her in the first place.

The police enforce the laws and have no say in what they believe is just or not. If the law says you can't wear burgundy sweaters Thursday afternoons between 3:06pm and 6:02pm, they have to enforce it.

What do you do then? You lobby to change the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events