U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 06:54 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,958,335 times

Advertisements

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/s...r7#.hkoY2Ge04M

Does they have some connections on that way too or are whites adding these ways?

I would not actually wonder if they would. There is so much anger in some rejected peoples posts. They are going into dangerous way same as with other things in society. Since laws are useless for many and school bullying continues and work places are same too there is lot of people with inner anger and desire to revenge.

Society should take these things seriously, asap, otherwise this probably is not going away but increasing. People are leaved alone with their emotions and frustrations and that is not a good thing. People need to be taught how to handle with rejections and disappointments.

Society needs to warm up, not climate but people at their hearts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Status: "It takes a lot of balls to golf like me" (set 11 days ago)

3,954 posts, read 3,194,328 times
Doesn't just happen in Muslim countries. Places with other religions practice scarring women. The Hindu religion in India for example, where acid attacks are becoming more norm. Indian acid attack victims share their stories - Al Jazeera English

Also, in countries like the DRC and Sierra Leon (more tribal that Muslim but with Muslim extremism for sure) where gang rape followed by torture, mutilation, and then followed by communal rejection is commonplace. In most of Africa, sexual violence is used as a war tactic. Democratic Republic of Congo | Women Under Siege Project

Since the OP proposes that we can do nothing about any of this, I have an opposing view: Stop sending these countries "aid". Stop sending them guns, food, construction equipment, tourism, media attention, exports of goods. Everything. Cut them completely off until they start behaving better. Stop buying their oil, their diamonds, their clothing. Everything. A total boycott and if they want to play, they gotta play by international rules or not at all.

We tell a tribe in Africa to stop raping their women all the while giving them the guns to create such terror and while buying their diamonds and gold? Where's the logic in that.

We tell ISIS to stop stoning their women to death all the while handing them billions in military gear and buying their oil (indirectly).

Time to let our money do the talking, if you want the great wealthy nations to send their money, play by the rules.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:04 AM

243 posts, read 134,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I hate to break it to you but women right here in the good ol' US of A are also being killed for not handing out their phone numbers or rejecting a guy. It's not just the Middle East- such violence against women happens here as well.
The difference is of course that it's not an institution here.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:05 AM

13,467 posts, read 14,456,841 times
Quote:
I hate to break it to you but women right here in the good ol' US of A are also being killed for not handing out their phone numbers or rejecting a guy. It's not just the Middle East- such violence against women happens here as well.
You're comparing the treatment of women in the US to Islamic countries?

What type of mental gymnastics did you perform to even post such a thing?

Unbelievable!

Last edited by doc1; 06-02-2016 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-02-2016, 08:15 AM

7,769 posts, read 5,342,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Yeah but here they go to jail. There? They consider it a right to do as they do and are practically celebrated when they protect the "honor" of the family name.
As per the article:

Quote:
Three people were arrested Wednesday in Islamabad in connection with the teenager's killing, said Nabeela Ghazanfar, Punjab police spokesman.
An arrest warrant is out for a fourth individual, according to the Murree police inspector.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:26 AM

7,011 posts, read 6,641,386 times
It wasn't an honor killing. An honor killing occurs when a family member is killed by another family member for some act perceived to bring shame to the family. The perpetrators were of a different family in this small rural village, and thought they could get away with killing her for vengeance. There have been recent reports of similar cases where rape victims or their relatives were murdered to keep them from testifying.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:13 AM

9,816 posts, read 7,121,400 times
I'm stretching here but not really that far...

The violence in the ME and elsewhere against women is barbaric and something needs to be done but what? It is part of their culture as backwards as it is..
We could compare the senseless backwards thinking to America and the gun violence that happens in the hoods of Chicago and elsewhere almost everyday.

In both cases they are just a bunch of animals.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:59 AM

2,067 posts, read 1,328,763 times
Wow some people take rejection really hard.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:10 AM

3,431 posts, read 3,246,698 times
Genital mutilation, honor killings, rape, rape killings (women who were raped are then stoned to death by their families for "dishonoring themselves"), the stoning and murder of gays. This is common village practice across much of Muslim Asia and the Middle East.

But what does the United Nations do about it? Condemn Israel, probably the one spot for thousands of miles where this stuff does NOT happen. There are like 50 U.N. condemnations of Israel and 2-3 condemnations of any other country every year.

Oh, and liberals across the U.S. and Europe actively boycott Israel. The Anthropology Association just voted to boycott Israeli universities. I guess anthropologists haven't heard of women's rights.

You can't make this stuff up.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:31 AM

3,296 posts, read 2,183,436 times
Quote:
You're not "breaking" anything new to me at all. This is quite different as I am sure you realize. Killing a woman in the United States is not sanctioned or acceptable and is considered murder. The countries that condone that type of behavior are not bound by the laws of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or