U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:42 PM

8,871 posts, read 7,360,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

There are a lot of reasons people kill each other here. "Not handing out their phone numbers" or "rejecting a guy" are just two. And newsflash: Women here also kill men for the same stupid reasons.

None of which have a thing to do with culture-sanctioned honor killings, and you know it.
Except here it isn't culturally accepted behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 09:35 PM

16,524 posts, read 17,592,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
As per the article:

Yeah and I'm sure they will be found not guilty. You really think that these guys are gonna do any time in actual jail? Yeah right. Probably walked through the front door right out the back door. Some kangaroo court will find them not guilty anyway. I remember watching this documentary where this woman was accused of lying and cheating on her husband. The way that it was settled was the woman had to place her tongue on the back of a hot spoon ladle held in coals to get hot or a second or so. If her tongue got burned she was guilty if it didn't she was innocent. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? It did to them.

Btw the woman didn't get her tongue burned so she was found not guilty.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 AM

13,449 posts, read 5,234,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Apparently my alzheimer's brain doesn't get the 'honor' portion of this murder and possibly because the story is incomplete. The 'family' was away at a funeral ... four thugs burn her ... the family gets notified about 'a fire'. Just whose 'honor' were the thugs protecting here ... the rejected suitor? Looks like the beginning of a 'blood feud.

El Nox
It's not a murder. It's what comes naturally to them. Their alternative view of morality is that it is perfectly OK to murder helpless people. Your own daughter is fair game as are people in tall buildings and on airplanes. It's just a way of living and thinking that is equally as valid as our boring culture of work and school.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:55 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,118,740 times
Poor lady.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:14 AM

13,483 posts, read 9,621,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Honor killings, where families kill their daughters for resisting or disobeying cultural and religious family expectations, are also on the rise in Middle Eastern, Arabic and Asian immigrant communities in Europe. They are trying to crack down on this, but too many families still get away with it.
It's Islam ( a seventh century religion that is forbidden to update via Koranic command ) combined with third world culture. Truly must suck to be female over there. I read a story about schoolgirls that were forced back into their burning schoolhouse because they weren't properly garbed when the fire broke out. Many died or were maimed. Good times being a woman over there.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:36 AM

28 posts, read 17,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's Islam ( a seventh century religion that is forbidden to update via Koranic command ) combined with third world culture. Truly must suck to be female over there. I read a story about schoolgirls that were forced back into their burning schoolhouse because they weren't properly garbed when the fire broke out. Many died or were maimed. Good times being a woman over there.
And just think, for feminists in the west their greatest concerns are having "safe spaces" for college and trigger warnings for the most inane thing while simultaneously making bank off the suffering of other women. Western feminists are a complete and utter joke and I don't call myself a feminist.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivias View Post
And just think, for feminists in the west their greatest concerns are having "safe spaces" for college and trigger warnings for the most inane thing while simultaneously making bank off the suffering of other women. Western feminists are a complete and utter joke and I don't call myself a feminist.
I repped this post since you absolutely nailed this. If this were Politics and Other Controversies I'd have more to say but the hypocrisy of many is quite glaring. The Left supports Islamists even though the LGBT community and transexuals would not do very well in these areas.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:19 AM

2,839 posts, read 1,581,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I repped this post since you absolutely nailed this. If this were Politics and Other Controversies I'd have more to say but the hypocrisy of many is quite glaring. The Left supports Islamists even though the LGBT community and transexuals would not do very well in these areas.
But they happily gang up against Israel which is probably the only country in the Middle East where women have the same rights as anywhere in the Western World.

The Left are a peculiar bunch.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
But they happily gang up against Israel which is probably the only country in the Middle East where women have the same rights as anywhere in the Western World.

The Left are a peculiar bunch.
Radical Islam showed today in Orlando, Florida their deep love and toleration of gays.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 PM

48,973 posts, read 39,447,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Radical Islam showed today in Orlando, Florida their deep love and toleration of gays.
That isn't radical islam.

It's mainstream islam.

EVERY islamic country is about 100 years behind the US in terms of civil rights.

We can argue if they should be but not where they actually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or