U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 PM

4,240 posts, read 3,312,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
If daddy is stupid enough to buy there teenage daughter a mercedes. Then I am sure he is stupid enough to pay for her thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollar in legal fees and claims court fees. That is... if he has any money left after she is sued for giving someone permanent brain damage....
That would be true justice, not the lame whiny justice that our society created to protect the criminals at the expense of the victims. I hope the father is sued until he is completely bankrupt for the sins of his idiotic spawn, who he is absolutely responsible for. It won't repay for the man's loss, but it will be a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 12:20 PM

20,865 posts, read 22,440,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
That would be true justice, not the lame whiny justice that our society created to protect the criminals at the expense of the victims. I hope the father is sued until he is completely bankrupt for the sins of his idiotic spawn, who he is absolutely responsible for. It won't repay for the man's loss, but it will be a start.
That's true but it could go a long way towards paying the victim's medical bills which will be astronomical even if he has health insurance.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:44 PM

48,893 posts, read 39,381,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It seems that teens have the ability to drive a vehicle and master social media technology, but don't have the good judgment not to do both at the same time. With all the recent efforts at educating them about the risks involved, you would think they would be starting to get the message. Evidently not.

I can't help but wonder if daddy will be replacing darling daughter's Mercedes.
If daddy doesn't have a large personal liability policy to cover this guys lifetime medical care he's not even going to keep his house when the injured guys family gets done with him in court.

No way the standard auto policy is going to have enough limits to pay for all that guys medical stuff.

I bought one for this very reason...kids driving, kids in my house etc...I frankly don't want to lose pretty much everything I own if someone makes a stupid decision or just something accidental were to occur.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:58 PM

4,832 posts, read 2,038,819 times
Ignorance is pervasive!!!

Old 06-03-2016, 02:06 PM

1,333 posts, read 635,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Keep in mind as you read my response that I am not pro-guns or pro-shooting people, but in this case, if anyone could see (perhaps from another vehicle) that she was absolutely going to rear-end another car severely and likely severely injure someone (as she did), and if there were no other cars in the area except someone who could safely intervene, would you consider that a person shooting her in order to save the innocent victim a hero?

Yes, I know that her car would go wildly out of control if she were shot, but would you hold the intervener harmless, or perhaps even consider intervening yourself?

If this belongs in "great debates," moderator, please move my comment.
She was doing over 90 mph, I don't know if anyone would be able to shoot a target moving that fast?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:06 PM

199 posts, read 183,720 times
What gets me about this story is how she's attempting to sue Snapchat, I still say there should be more to getting an license than passing two lousy exams maybe a psych eval?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:28 PM

10,577 posts, read 6,825,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Keep in mind as you read my response that I am not pro-guns or pro-shooting people, but in this case, if anyone could see (perhaps from another vehicle) that she was absolutely going to rear-end another car severely and likely severely injure someone (as she did), and if there were no other cars in the area except someone who could safely intervene, would you consider that a person shooting her in order to save the innocent victim a hero?

1) Life isn't a Hollywood movie. Successfully taking out the tires of a moving car is no small feat.

2) The idea that the public should just be allowed to start shooting at cars 'because they think the driver might eventually hurt someone' is about as batcrap insane an idea as I've heard in some time.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:28 PM

5,694 posts, read 1,714,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If daddy doesn't have a large personal liability policy to cover this guys lifetime medical care he's not even going to keep his house when the injured guys family gets done with him in court.
I can't think of any basis for holding the father liable.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:31 PM

11,354 posts, read 7,403,434 times
The only thing I can find on this self-absorbed idiot is that she is "currently incarcerated".

I feel a little safer knowing that.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:33 PM

11,354 posts, read 7,403,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
She was doing over 90 mph, I don't know if anyone would be able to shoot a target moving that fast?
Be a little like trying to pick off a Clayton Kershaw fastball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events