Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:09 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I worked with a kid back in my early 20's that got drunk and went wrong way on Chicago Freeway and smashed head on into a girl.

He paralyzed her for life. The guy I worked with still had his licenses revoked 5 years later (which he deserves) He was also still being sued for medical bills, court fees, and he had to buy her a 50k handicap van.

He deserved every bit of it. This girl should pay for everything for whoever she hit as well
He got off way too easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 07:10 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
He got off way too easy.
He got 0 prison time.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:22 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
This lawyer's statement deserves a physical response from the victim's family or at least disbarred from practicing law.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:36 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times
They need to just kill her..What a worthless waste of skin

Old 06-03-2016, 12:02 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Such a tragedy. Granted, I text while I drive sometimes, but I only do voice texts, so I'm speaking the words directly into the phone as opposed to looking down to type out what I want to send. But, even then, I rarely do it.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:01 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25
Can this possibly any more dumber than texting and driving?
No and this idiot SHOULD NOT EVER BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Stupid stooge................

Old 06-03-2016, 01:22 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Such a tragedy. Granted, I text while I drive sometimes, but I only do voice texts, so I'm speaking the words directly into the phone as opposed to looking down to type out what I want to send. But, even then, I rarely do it.
When you pick up your phone and operate the phone (preparing the text, opening the app...) you are still taking your attention away from the road. In a split second traffic can change or another driver pulls in front of your cutting you off. Just as you glance at your phone. And you won't know when the distraction of your phone will coincide with something happening around you.

The fact it hasn't happened gives you false confidence that it is safe.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:05 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No and this idiot SHOULD NOT EVER BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Stupid stooge................
Agreed, but realistically I would ban her 5 years

Old 06-03-2016, 02:40 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flower View Post
When you pick up your phone and operate the phone (preparing the text, opening the app...) you are still taking your attention away from the road. In a split second traffic can change or another driver pulls in front of your cutting you off. Just as you glance at your phone. And you won't know when the distraction of your phone will coincide with something happening around you.

The fact it hasn't happened gives you false confidence that it is safe.
I don't claim that its "safe" (its certainly no where as dangerous as traditional texting while driving). But I try to mitigate this by not doing it often and by only doing so when I'm not in any heavy traffic/not immediately around other vehicles.

Old 06-03-2016, 03:19 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I don't claim that its "safe" (its certainly no where as dangerous as traditional texting while driving). But I try to mitigate this by not doing it often and by only doing so when I'm not in any heavy traffic/not immediately around other vehicles.
It's still a hazard and if an answer to a text is so important, finding a safe place to pull off the road would be better.

In some state's just holding the phone will earn you a ticket. I'm not trying to single you out.

A lot of people think doing it just a little or by modifying the texting is worth risking their safety. But accidents happen when you least expect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events